TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_lzrnyqE0T81qjnhqgo1_500.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	133273

With statements like this, it's no wonder so many young girls have eating disorders and body image issues. Is this seriously supposed to be representative of all female shapes? Wat.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pavlina)

Name:	tumblr_lzrnyqE0T81qjnhqgo1_500.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	133273

With statements like this, it's no wonder so many young girls have eating disorders and body image issues. Is this seriously supposed to be representative of all female shapes? Wat.
    So women are
    - paler and skinny with a brunette pony tail
    - swarthier and skinny with a brunette pony tail
    - skinny with a blonde pony tail

I see....

Haha.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's similar with a lot of pro-body-confidence campaigns. This is an extreme example, but some are similar, just more subtle - I remember Dove irritated me a few years ago because their 'love your body!' thing was basically a 'love your body... if you're not obese, you don't have acne, you're white and you have flawless hair' thing.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    It's similar with a lot of pro-body-confidence campaigns. This is an extreme example, but some are similar, just more subtle - I remember Dove irritated me a few years ago because their 'love your body!' thing was basically a 'love your body... if you're not obese, you don't have acne, you're white and you have flawless hair' thing.
    And are owned by unilever who own lynx.

I'm guessing you've seen their adds.
    The only similar add that I've seen worse than those was the "1 million" one.

That said all annoy me for animal testing as well.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That ad is actually referring to the butt shape. They're so people like me that suffer with what one calls a 'ghetto booty' can buy jeans that fit everywhere, not just everywhere-but-the-waist.
    • 52 followers

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Most if not all of these models are airbrushed etc and you all follow them...you are all clowns.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    To be fair, the Dove ads do actually feature varied women of different sizes, races, hair etc.

Name:	dove_wideweb__430x327.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	133435

Name:	Dove.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	133436

When I was googling to get those Dove pics I found an awful one from Victoria Secret.

Name:	vs.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	133440

Not sure how they are supposed to be 7 different body shapes! :confused:
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmaus)
    To be fair, the Dove ads do actually feature varied women of different sizes, races, hair etc.

Name:	dove_wideweb__430x327.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	133435
    Brb, cleaning up my vomit.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Boohoo.com's facebook was similar this week. Had an album on "how to dress for your size" and the skinny models featured in "apple size" were also in "pear shaped". There wasn't a curve to be found between all the "hourglass" models.

Although after many complaints and "i've seen more curves on a ruler" Boohoo said they're trying to "create new examples" which just made me think they were secretly breeding hourglass shaped women in their secret little lab.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You are taking the whole thing out of context, it is a levi's ad for their new range of jeans that caters for women with varying levels of buttock projection! So whether you are a slim size 8-10 or large figured size 16-18 you can still have a flat versus curvy derriere. It would cater to your shape rather than just your size...pretty cool huh?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    ITT

OP is mad shes fat

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 24, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.