Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tattoo Opinions?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ohlavelle)
    At the end of the day why do you feel the need to pass judgement on someone's tribute?
    The OP has asked for opinions on the tattoo and also told us it's meaningful to them, why you insist on belittling them I don't know.

OP - I think that's a lovely gesture and I'm not a fan of the font or the birds but if you like it and it's meaningful to you then you should go for it.
    Thank you for that. It means a lot. & funnily enough, it's the font and the birds I plan on changing! :3 Thanks again.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MutantGecko)
    i think its really cool, and it seems like you really want it

im in the process of designing a quote tattoo for my back >.<
    Ahhh! Best of luck to you love!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarthsDaughter)
    At the end of the day, what does it matter what I do to my body?
    If you're going to get so prissy why bother making a thread asking for opinions?

My opinion is that it's trite and chintzy and it's a really, really dull sentiment.
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is in my heart. However, I want to physically show how much I loved this person and the fact that after these years, I still think about him.

At the end of the day, what does it matter what I do to my body?
    It doesn't matter but if it's the words that matter to you why are you looking for opinions on the aesthetics of it? Does it need to look nice to others to have a purpose?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norfolkadam)
    If you're going to get so prissy why bother making a thread asking for opinions?

My opinion is that it's trite and chintzy and it's a really, really dull sentiment.
    I was asking opinion on the tattoo *which you have given me, and I respect that*

But you wasn't taking the piss out of the reason's why I was getting it done. After all, I posted this thread for HONEST opinions on the TATTOO. Nothing else.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ya just as long as it's a quote you're 100% about and that means something to you, go wild

I know some chick who got 'Live for something, die for nothing' tattooed on themself- what does that even mean? Die for no reason? Hilariously retarded
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munchies-YumYum)
    It doesn't matter but if it's the words that matter to you why are you looking for opinions on the aesthetics of it? Does it need to look nice to have a purpose?
    All I was looking for was simple, honest opinions about the tattoo. Like some people have suggested a change in font, (which I am not keen on myself). So really, I'm looking for suggestions.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartinKellyisagod)
    Ya just as long as it's a quote you're 100% about and that means something to you, go wild

I know some chick who got 'Live for something, die for nothing' tattooed on themself- what does that even mean? Die for no reason? Hilariously retarded
    LOL - oh dear that sounds awful.
    Yeah it does mean A LOT to me. The tattoo isn't for anyone else, just me. I'm just after suggestions. Not people's rude comments.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Surely the words said by the person who died are already carved on your Heart?.I like tattoos myself, and have 2 little ones.Ultimately OP it's your body, what others think should'nt even matter.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Surely the words said by the person who died are already carved on your Heart?.I like tattoos myself, and have 2 little ones.Ultimately OP it's your body, what others think should'nt even matter.
    Yeah it is, but like I said, I'd like to outwardly express that
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Definitely change the font! But not something so curly that people can't read it. Are you planning to have it in the same place as the picture?
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    All I was looking for was simple, honest opinions about the tattoo. Like some people have suggested a change in font, (which I am not keen on myself). So really, I'm looking for suggestions.
    Fair do's, sorry if I came across stupid and I didn't mean to belittle you. I was merely curious.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is, but like I said, I'd like to outwardly express that
    Fair enough, as I said it's your body and it means a lot to you.It's something personal, nowt to do with anyone else, go and get it
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    TBH - nothing wrong with the quote itself (I disagree with it personally but I'm not the one getting the tattoo), but that particular picture looks like someone's just scrawled it on with a pen. Try and get it done better than that.
    Also - thought about embellishing it with some patterns or pictures around it to frame it? On it's own it looks a bit sparse. Perhaps you could get some ideas from your tattooist about that? Perhaps some image that is also associated with the aforementioned deceased person?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    TBH - nothing wrong with the quote itself (I disagree with it personally but I'm not the one getting the tattoo), but that particular picture looks like someone's just scrawled it on with a pen. Try and get it done better than that.
    Also - thought about embellishing it with some patterns or pictures around it to frame it? On it's own it looks a bit sparse. Perhaps you could get some ideas from your tattooist about that? Perhaps some image that is also associated with the aforementioned deceased person?
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. Now thats an answer I want to hear. The thing is, I like to keep my tattoo's fairly simple. - May I ask why you disagree?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singularity)
    Definitely change the font! But not something so curly that people can't read it. Are you planning to have it in the same place as the picture?
    I plan to get something curly - but obviously keeping it clear enough so it's readable. Yeah, it will be in the same place
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    May I ask why you disagree?
    Oh what - you mean about the quote? I dunno really, I just think it is possible to be truly happy without sharing it, although probably more difficult than without sharing it.

I correct myself - I wouldn't disagree with it, but strictly speaking I don't think it holds 100% true.

If it was me I'd shoot more for "Happiness is better when shared with others" or something a bit less "absolute" than the original quote.

But if you think it holds true then go for it. It's a statement of your belief, and if that is your belief then you should shoot for it.

Still, decorate it a bit. I feel it balances script out a little bit and "presents" or showcases it better.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    Oh what - you mean about the quote? I dunno really, I just think it is possible to be truly happy without sharing it, although probably more difficult than without sharing it.

I correct myself - I wouldn't disagree with it, but strictly speaking I don't think it holds 100% true.

If it was me I'd shoot more for "Happiness is better when shared with others" or something a bit less "absolute" than the original quote.

But if you think it holds true then go for it. It's a statement of your belief, and if that is your belief then you should shoot for it.

Still, decorate it a bit. I feel it balances script out a little bit and "presents" or showcases it better.
    I understand what you mean, but as the person that died said that exact quote - I don't think I'll change it (thank you for your honesty though)

tbh, I'd LOVELOVELOVE to decorate it. I just wouldn't know where to start. Is there any website's you could suggest that would help?
    taar.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I plan to get something curly - but obviously keeping it clear enough so it's readable. Yeah, it will be in the same place
    Oh good =p. I had to check, because some people ARE dumb enough to get tattoos in a font they can't even read. The placing is nice =)
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I understand what you mean, but as the person that died said that exact quote - I don't think I'll change it (thank you for your honesty though)

tbh, I'd LOVELOVELOVE to decorate it. I just wouldn't know where to start. Is there any website's you could suggest that would help?
    taar.
    Cherry blossoms, cliche as they are (I can hear the tattoo artists groaning from here) I always feel you can't go wrong with on a woman. Always very attractive. Intertwining them round the text. They may be quite cliche but I feel "classic" is a better word.

A (not the best admittedly) page from a 2 second search of google to highlight what I mean.

http://www.freetattoodesigns.org/che...om-tattoo.html

That's one way to go anyway. I always feel the Jap and Asian stuff can't really be overdone as it's kind of classic and ancient. Celtic stuff and trendy sailor stuff on the other hand, can be.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 24, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.