Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tattoo Opinions?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y-y)
    Nay.
    also the hole in her ear looks like you could throw a javelin through it. (please don't get that done)
    Lol. I can't rate your post so I thought i'd say Lol.

And I agree, images are better than quotes. The best are perhaps combinations.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

(Thats what I intend for placing)

(The bird I intend to have at the bottom)

(Possible font choice - OPINIONS PLEASE)
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	132752  
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just a grammatical point :

At the moment it says "Happiness Only Real When Shared".

I figure you should either add a hyphen or an "is" between happiness and only. Otherwise it's grammatically incorrect.

Edit - also might be worth looking up asian bird styles - animals, as well as landscapes and plants I feel always give a chance for the asian styles to shine.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    Just a grammatical point :

At the moment it says "Happiness Only Real When Shared".

I figure you should either add a hyphen or an "is" between happiness and only. Otherwise it's grammatically incorrect.
    Thats the way it's meant to be, incorrectly written xD. As that was how the quote was said/written. The girl in the photo actually got the wrong wrong quote as she had the words "is" written in it XD
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarthsDaughter)
    Thats the way it's meant to be, incorrectly written xD. As that was how the quote was said/written. The girl in the photo actually got the wrong wrong quote as she had the words "is" written in it XD
    Fair do's. Keeping it exact to the original, I understand.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Fair do's. Keeping it exact to the original, I understand.
    Can I get your opinion on the other font I posted? I like that font so much more xD
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's better.

I still think you can get it done better quality though. Have you already got your artist or are you open to suggestions?

Say : Flamin' Eight and Andy Barbers for kick off. A lot of people use Frith Street that I know, not quite sure what it's like.

Andy Barbers is good, that would be my personal recommendation, but be prepared to join a pretty hefty waiting list. There's not only him, there's Jay (is he still there?) and erm... whoever the other guy is Andy has working for him at the moment.

Assuming Jay is still there, either Andy or Jay'll see you right.

It's in South London Suburbs though (Shannon Corner, A3) so I don't know where you are located? The others are in London.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    The second one(ish) with some Cherry Blossom instead of the roses I reckon would see you right. I would certainly think it'd look good. The tatt artists on here may disagree though.

Edit - there used to be a little gadget where you could see what it'd look like - hold on.

http://www.makesweet.com/mixer/my-back-tattoo

Yeah here ya go. Mock a few up roughly in Photoshop or whatever, then slap 'em on - it'll help narrow it down for you. Obviously it's not a true representation but it beats guessing...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think it's better.

I still think you can get it done better quality though. Have you already got your artist or are you open to suggestions?

Say : Flamin' Eight and Andy Barbers for kick off. A lot of people use Frith Street that I know, not quite sure what it's like.

Andy Barbers is good, that would be my personal recommendation, but be prepared to join a pretty hefty waiting list. There's not only him, there's Jay (is he still there?) and erm... whoever the other guy is Andy has working for him at the moment.

Assuming Jay is still there, either Andy or Jay'll see you right.

It's in South London Suburbs though (Shannon Corner, A3) so I don't know where you are located? The others are in London.
    I intend to go to Devils Own in Leicester. :3. Thats where I got my Bansky tattoo and they are pretty good there. Choosing a font is such a bitch.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally, quotes as tattoos make me :facepalm: as they are usually extremely clichéd, have little meaning and generally look cheap.

As you said, however, it has meaning to you and nothing will change the fact that you want to get it, so fair enough.

I still think it looks crap, though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarthsDaughter)
    I'm thinking of getting this tattoo with a few changes, and was wondering what people thought?
    If you are asking this question you are getting a tattoo for the wrong reason... get a tattoo for you, not for anyone else..
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebm_penguin)
    If you are asking this question you are getting a tattoo for the wrong reason... get a tattoo for you, not for anyone else..
    I dunno - I think sometimes other people can come up with ideas that the person hasn't thought of (not least of which the tattoo artist themselves) . She's not saying "should she get it" - she's saying "what do we think" - perhaps inviting other ideas from other people.
    But yeah I'd agree to go with what you want because it's your tatt.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit pointless to me.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB_19)
    Seems a bit pointless to me.
    It's a tribute to a person close to her that died, so it's not pointless.

OP I am not keen on the font in the original photo but the font in the second photo you posted with the red roses in is a lot nicer. Personally I'm not a fan of quote tattoos because often people get them with no personal meaning to them, but since it's a tribute to someone close to you I think it would be a nice thing to do.

Try to make it more 'you' though so you know that the design is personal and nobody else is wandering around with the exact same thing
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If the quote has significant meaning then I think it's lovely I prefer cursive though (my friend says it makes my lyric tatoo hard to read but i don't care).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think its cool especially if it means something to you

I'm not too keen on the font though, why don't you have it in your own handwriting or something that doesn't look like a font from Microsoft Word?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 24, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.