The Student Room Group

Summer Internship Predicted Grades/Reference

--
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
depends mate; what are you applying for exactly?
Reply 2
what are you first year at uni student or a level student?
Original post by Drizzzy
Sales & Trading - Front Office Investment Banks
no reference

yes predicted grade (needs to be within reason but usually you can assign this). many banks require your first year grades.
Reply 4
I am a Master (finance) student. Sometimes during the online recruitments they ask me for GPA or predicted degree result (as 2.1, 1st, etc).
How can I do that? In my Master we don't have such things. Does it mean that internships are EXCLUSIVELY for undergraduates?

Sorry, first year in the (extremely complicated) UK education system.
Reply 5
Original post by francio
I am a Master (finance) student. Sometimes during the online recruitments they ask me for GPA or predicted degree result (as 2.1, 1st, etc).
How can I do that? In my Master we don't have such things. Does it mean that internships are EXCLUSIVELY for undergraduates?

Sorry, first year in the (extremely complicated) UK education system.

So your masters is just pass or fail?
Reply 6
Original post by Inflation
So your masters is just pass or fail?

No, no! No way :wink:
I'm still doing it. But we'll get the "final" marks only after the final exams which are in May. Now we're just doing "intermediate" exams wich are worth only a percentage of the final mark. I have some results but I have definitely no idea of how to calculate a predicted final mark - and I'm not even sure if I can do it at Master level!

PS: It's a one-year master
Reply 7
Original post by francio
No, no! No way :wink:
I'm still doing it. But we'll get the "final" marks only after the final exams which are in May. Now we're just doing "intermediate" exams wich are worth only a percentage of the final mark. I have some results but I have definitely no idea of how to calculate a predicted final mark - and I'm not even sure if I can do it at Master level!

PS: It's a one-year master

Just put distinction or something lol
Hey guys!

Basically, I'm a First Year Student at Durham and am going through the whole (rather exhausting!) IB spring week application process.. I don't feel comfortable that I am going to achieve a First/2:1 in my exams this year, and in the event that i get below this (I am only required to pass my exams to continue onto the next year of studies here) I was wondering if you could let me know of anyway of getting round this when I apply for my Summer Internships next year: do you have to declare your "predicted" degree classification on your applications? Is there any way for banks to check whether you lie in this respect? If i convert a Spring Week to a Summer Internship will the company even care what I get this year?

Thank yooou!!
Original post by TiffanyFinbow
Hey guys!

Basically, I'm a First Year Student at Durham and am going through the whole (rather exhausting!) IB spring week application process.. I don't feel comfortable that I am going to achieve a First/2:1 in my exams this year, and in the event that i get below this (I am only required to pass my exams to continue onto the next year of studies here) I was wondering if you could let me know of anyway of getting round this when I apply for my Summer Internships next year: do you have to declare your "predicted" degree classification on your applications? Is there any way for banks to check whether you lie in this respect? If i convert a Spring Week to a Summer Internship will the company even care what I get this year?

Thank yooou!!

You'll have to put a predicted result for your degree, and actually module results for first year. Try to ensure you get a 2.1, many schemes need it for a summer internship.
Original post by -WhySoSerious?
You'll have to put a predicted result for your degree, and actually module results for first year. Try to ensure you get a 2.1, many schemes need it for a summer internship.

do they normally check with the University about your Year 1 module results??
Original post by TiffanyFinbow
do they normally check with the University about your Year 1 module results??

I don't know, but they do like checking on this forum for the people who might lie about them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending