Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

which religion is most likely to be the 'right' one?

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not religious, but the religion what makes most sense to me would be Buddhism
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Swedish branch of Evangelical-Lutheran Christianity as it is describe in the Augsburg Confession and ratified in the Synod of Uppsala in 1593.

All who believe otherwise will rot in hell. :rolleyes:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishy786)
    I would like to say Islam simply because The Quran is a guide for mankind as to how to live their lives. It contains aspects which are applicable to social, political, economic, or military actions and it tells us how to go about achieving a better life.

EDIT: If you are going to give me a bright red gem (not that I mind, obviously), then at least have the decency to tell me why.
    OK I will tell you why, excecuting people, esspecially for stupid things like leaving Islam is not in any way applicable to any society I would like to be a part of.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

It's the Mormons, do none of you watch South Park? Jeez Louise...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Buddhism is more of a Philosophy than a religion and Buddhists do not believe in a deity. 'Buddha' is not a God. I'm not religious but if get spiritual on my death bed I'd probably lean towards some form of Buddhism.
    It is one of the worlds 6 major world religions Only it is not based on assumption or faith, simply on doing good and avoiding suffering.

It is the only one that can also be proven to an extent. If you avoid greed, hate and ignorance then you will not suffer and if you do not suffer you will be happy
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    I'd imagine it's because of your claim that Islam is the most likely religion to be true because aspects of the Qur'an are most applicable to real life. I could make up a book on the spot with loads of advice to people on how to live their lives in every way, and then make up a creation story and a revelation story and ship it as a holy book.
    But would anyone believe you? That's the difference. Islam has 1.5-2 billion followers attesting to this.

Do you see that the Qur'an's instructions aren't evidence for it being true? That's probably why people have negged you.
    If one were to view they systems explained in Islam in it's entirety, then one would conclude that those systems actually work and make people's lives better.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    OK I will tell you why, excecuting people, esspecially for stupid things like leaving Islam is not in any way applicable to any society I would like to be a part of.
    Treason is not punishable by death/life sentences (basically the same thing) in some of the more "enlightened countries" like the UK/USA/Europe etc?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aztec. All hail Quetzalcoatl!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anything that talks about good/bad, morality or tells you how to live your life is wrong.

If there is, or is not a God (i believe there is) his definition is that he conttains all perfections and is the origin of everything so........ he is perfect goodness, he is perfetly bad, perfectly stupid, perfetly smart.

You have to remember good/bad are relative terms they are not objective...yet religions try to persuade you that they are objective and try to make you follow their "right" way.

So you ask then what should i follow?????????
    Well the only thing you can trust is yourself... your intuition. You cannot trust the world around you and the people in it... as quantum physics teaches us the world as it i is mearly an illusion, so you should do what you beleive is truly best for you and what makes you happy.

If stealing of a poor person really really makes you happy and not just superficially happy go do it

If being gay makes you intuitionaly happy and not just superficially happy do it

Remeber the only thing you can do is be open to ideas to see what makes you happy, e.g. if a person encloses themselves from the world and beleives the only happy marriage is one with a man and woman... and never know about a gay marriage in whuich they could be happier that would stop them developing a happier conciousness..

So in answer to your question.....
    In my opinion your religion should be yourself
    It should be about three things:

1)true happiness for yourself
    2)open mindedness
    3)learning/evolving your consciousness

hope this helps
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    David Mitchell thinks it's Islam on a recent video I've seen, and I agree with him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any eastern religion since they actually promote knowledge, originality, equality, peace and most importantly discovering your Self by your own path whether it be yoga, meditation, prayer etc. No going on the streets to preach that unbelievers will be cast into eternal hell unless they convert to their religion.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberryshake)
    ISLAM
    this. *waiting to ride neg train for saying islam is the right religion*
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sikhism
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    Aztec. All hail Quetzalcoatl!
    Holy ****, someone knows about Aztec mythology?

My name is based on Xolotl - his twin brother. :cool:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    OK I will tell you why, excecuting people, esspecially..(especially) for stupid things like leaving Islam is not in any way applicable to any society I would like to be a part of.
    Oh an i-look-at-the-tv-and-tv-say-muslims-equal-terrorists-and-islam-is-bad person.

Nobody here is saying anything to your religion/belief* that is offensive...
    By the way, inb4stupidspellingmistake. Fixed.

*if you have a religion.belief...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've always believed that no true religion can be correct as religion is a human invention. The universe does not care for us, we are all but a collection of cells on a rock orbiting a star in a galaxy somewhere in an infinitely expanding universe and that is an undeniable fact, how can a mere book written by some shepherds a few thousand years ago hold all the answers? It cannot. I'm pretty firm in my beliefs as an atheist, but I've always thought that if there is a god, a benevolent all powerful being looking down on us, he would not care for such specific details that are given to us by major world religions, god does not care if you eat pork or adulterate these are the laws of mortals; if god did care about these things we would live in a geocentric universe.
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishy786)
    But would anyone believe you? That's the difference. Islam has 1.5-2 billion followers attesting to this.

If one were to view they systems explained in Islam in it's entirety, then one would conclude that those systems actually work and make people's lives better.
    They would believe me if I went back to the middle-east in 400CE.

Once again, I'll refer you back to my previous argument of "just because some of the things work; doesn't mean it's true." There's plenty stuff that's morally wrong and incorrect as well as genuinely good advice. One of my favourites is actually the Prophet's instructions that you should stay away from a woman while she's on her period.

It makes people's lives better when you ignore most of the instructions (same with many religions), in it's entirety; all we have to do is look at Saudi Arabia to see where that leads us.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeathByBSOD)
    oh a i-look-at-the-tv-and-tv-say-muslims-equal-terrorists-and-islam-is-bad person.

what do you believe in anyways (if you do have a religion).
    If you look at what I was replying to I was refuting that the Qu'ran was applicable to society. I was in no way suggesting that muslims are terrorists or even agree with these parts of the Qu'ran, but they just show that it is not applicable today.

I am an athiest.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am fraid the very question answers its self. None, why, well the list contains more than one entry. **** It is true that some might say we cannot know the mind of god and he may have created diverse communities of those who deny him/her/it in order to carry out his/her/it's master plan, which leaves the slight problem of which god is it whose mind we cannot know and is architecting this game ? Multiple candidates are put forward,
    GOTO ****

If I was placing a bet I would go for the "Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" because it is not on the list, and whilst it might not win it surely cannot lose, hence my money is safe with a small chance of winning which strikes me as a good deal.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    LOL at all the Muslims saying Islam.

I was about to facepalm but then I remembered that clay is prone to shattering and I don't want to break my face and hand.

So I stopped just in time...Masha'Allah for that!
Updated: March 5, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.