Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

which religion is most likely to be the 'right' one?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    R'hllor, The Lord of Light. Followed closely by The Old Gods. Last is The Faith of The Seven. The Drowned God doesn't even make the list.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey hun,

It's nice to hear that you have opened your mind to every religion. You will know whether it's the right religion for you when it feels right to you, makes the most sense and that you can truly see your self practising that religion in the future.

I was born as a Muslim, so a lot of Islam was just natural to me, but only when I did the research myself and realised what a truly beautiful religion it was, it made me open my eyes and turn to it. I know a lot of people that are just like you, discovering so many different religions to see what was right. Many of them eventually turned to Islam. But only YOU will know whether it's right for you if you can recognise yourself as a Muslim. Don't ever feel pressurised by any faith inc. Islam. This is entirely your choice. And much of your life will be affected by which religion you choose.

It'll be hard at first, but keep up the research, discover this beautiful religion. If you decide it's not right, then look to see what religions are right for you. Perhaps concepts that you believe in already and see if other faiths do have these same concepts? Well whatever the future for you, God bless, and if you need any answers to questions about Islam, then just ask

Good luckkk.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSG1992)
    LOL at all the Muslims saying Islam.

I was about to facepalm but then I remembered that clay is prone to shattering and I don't want to break my face and hand.

So I stopped just in time...Masha'Allah for that!
    Read this it explains what is meant by creating humans from 'clay'

1) http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/10...ust-and-water/
    2) http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_59.html
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why are so many people saying Islam?

What about the treatment of women and the opposition to homosexuality?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FJ1994)
    Read this it explains what is meant by creating humans from 'clay'

1) http://www.quranmiracles.com/2011/10...ust-and-water/
    2) http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/scientific_59.html
    I couldn't give a flying **** about what you and Muslim "scholars" think the Qur'an meant. You could be presented with absolute proof that Islam is false tomorrow and you'd still try to find a way to wriggle out of it.

Children will always need their toys.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

:adore:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishy786)
    Treason is not punishable by death/life sentences (basically the same thing) in some of the more "enlightened countries" like the UK/USA/Europe etc?
    That's a flawed analogy in my view.

Apostasy is not comparable to modern forms of treason, but a person leaving the UK (for example) and emigrating to another country in order to be naturalised in that country.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunshine showers)
    Why are so many people saying Islam?

What about the treatment of women and the opposition to homosexuality?
    Firstly Islam teaches belief in all religions and love and respect for all Prophets. It's the only religion to recognise all Prophets and religions.

Secondly Islam's treatment of women is exemplary. If people actually read what Islam teaches, not what backwards Middle Eastern countries practice, they'd see how well Islam treats women and how it cares for and values them.

For example Islam says 'Paradise lies under the feet of the mother'. This means that one can attain paradise by serving the mother.

'The best from among you is one who behaves best towards his wife.' (Hadith)

Likewise if one was to study the history of Islam and Islam in a little more detail, you'd see that Islam came and gave rights to women they never previously had. Even many of the rights that women enjoy today in the west, Islam laid down 1400 years ago.

As for opposition to homosexuality, every religion is opposed to it. Religion teaches that God made man and women to be together so they may reproduce and continue the existence of the human race.

Also homosexuality is seen as being against the design of God and of nature. Women and men are clearly meant for one another. Imagine if everyone became homosexual, it would been the extinction of the human race, so religion is opposed to this.

Islam though doesn't permit discrimination or persecution of homosexuals. It only warns them that it is only wrong. There's no punishment for it.

So basically Islam is generally misunderstood by people yet when you really study it, it is a beautiful religion.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    To the OP, did you not realise that everyone would just say their own religion is the "right" one? :facepalm:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSG1992)
    I couldn't give a flying **** about what you and Muslim "scholars" think the Qur'an meant. You could be presented with absolute proof that Islam is false tomorrow and you'd still try to find a way to wriggle out of it.

Children will always need their toys.
    There is no proof that Islam is false. There's more proof that Islam is the right religion but it's people like you who 'wriggle' away from the truth.

Just like the guy above proved that there is significance in the Qur'anic teaching about clay, but you reject it and instead come out with nonsense.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)
    Firstly Islam teaches belief in all religions and love and respect for all Prophets. It's the only religion to recognise all Prophets and religions.
    If by all, you mean the Judeo-Christian prophets, then yes. However, that clearly is not all the prophets, is it?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Buddhism but even then there were those 1990s fundamentalist Buddhist attacks on the Tokyo Subway - but still a lot more closer to what they preach than any of the three Abrahamic religions...
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaintSoldier)
    If by all, you mean the Judeo-Christian prophets, then yes. However, that clearly is not all the prophets, is it?
    No, Islam teaches belief in ALL Prophets including Krishna, Buddha, Baba Guru Nanak, Adam, Noah etc.

Islam says that God sent many different Prophets to many different people throughout history to guide them. Some of them we know the names of, many we don't.

But Qur'an says that God sent Messengers to all peoples, so we believe in them all.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Perpetualism.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, Buddhism makes the most sense but the religion which I would probably say is most likely to be the correct religion is Judaism. This is mainly because of its age although I'd say there's a pretty good chance of it being Islam. Despite their differences, If any religion, definitely one of those two.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)
    No, Islam teaches belief in ALL Prophets including Krishna, Buddha, Baba Guru Nanak, Adam, Noah etc.

Islam says that God sent many different Prophets to many different people throughout history to guide them. Some of them we know the names of, many we don't.

But Qur'an says that God sent Messengers to all peoples, so we believe in them all.
    But how are you to distinguish who was a true prophet and who was a false one? For all you know, Krishna could have been a false prophet, because he is neither mentioned in the Qur'an nor in the Hadith. I doubt most Muslims would be happy with you making such assumptions.

And what justification do you have to say that they are all prophets? The teachings of Krishna, Buddha etc. bare little similarity to that of Islam. Now you may say that their teachings were corrupted, but then what was the point in sending 124000 prophets to the various nations if their messages all got corrupted? What was achieved by doing that?

Are you an Ahmadiyya by any chance? (You're reference to Guru Nanak points me in that direction...)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)

Hey No offence. But please dont associate One religion with others.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle)
    In my opinion, Buddhism makes the most sense but the religion which I would probably say is most likely to be the correct religion is Judaism. This is mainly because of its age although I'd say there's a pretty good chance of it being Islam. Despite their differences, If any religion, definitely one of those two.
    There is was a point when Judaism was only a few dozen years old too...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SleepySheep)
    :facepalm:

It's the Mormons, do none of you watch South Park? Jeez Louise...
    i was gonna say that. that was a funny episode
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    A religion that you believe fits your idea of a religion is the right one for you
Updated: March 5, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.