Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

which religion is most likely to be the 'right' one?

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    as an agnostic atheist, i've often wondered which religion is most likely to be the 'right' one or the 'truest' one. Christianity, Islam, Sikhism, Hinduism, Buddhism, judasim and Taiosm all have large amount of followers with christianity being the largest religion in the world closely followed by islam. for me personally, i can't shake the feeling that Islam is the 'right' religion only because it makes the most sense out of all religions thus i have thoroughly studied the religion and deeply researched it. which religion do you think is the 'right' one?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

actually definitely this:

• 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pastafarianism.

(Original post by Hectorious)
    Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster
    Damn, you beat me
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Buddhism seems to make the most intuitive sense to me, but then the universe is often counter intuitive, so :dontknow:

But to be fair some of the tenets of Buddhism have proven to have some striking parallels with certain scientific theories, such as 'oneness' and 'quantum entanglement'.
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    The religion most likely to be correct is the religion that makes the fewest claims.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    scientology

why all the negs? this was just a joke..:s
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not really a religion but maybe buddhism?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I remember revising for GCSE RS and wondering why I'm not a Buddhist. But then I realised that I can't buy into reincarnation.

But yeah, avoiding greed ignorance and hate and so on sounds good to me
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would like to say Islam simply because The Quran is a guide for mankind as to how to live their lives. It contains aspects which are applicable to social, political, economic, or military actions and it tells us how to go about achieving a better life.

EDIT: If you are going to give me a bright red gem (not that I mind, obviously), then at least have the decency to tell me why.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Deism/Pantheism.

However into the main world religions, as an Atheist but I'd say Islam. It makes arguably the most miraculous claims. I still think it's not true but it's got a higher chance out of the main religions IMO.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jediism.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    ISLAM
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just putting it out there....Buddhism?? not a religion.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Obviously as a Muslim myself, I'd say Islam, but it all depends on you.

I am glad you have researched into Islam and find that it sounds more 'true' to you
    Just follow your heart and carry on seeking the truth and you shall find the religion that is perfect for you

P.S: That rhymed xD
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    The one that claims the universe was created without stating by who/when/why/how.

What about Islam makes it seem true? It claims a lot of things that you can't verify hence would be on the bottom as one of the least likeliest.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Im thrilled for you
    keep looking into Islam!

Alhamdulliah, im a muslim, and there's truly nothing else i would want to be
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    None, but that's just me.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    None, anyone can make up a 'religion'.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Buddhism is more of a Philosophy than a religion and Buddhists do not believe in a deity. 'Buddha' is not a God. I'm not religious but if get spiritual on my death bed I'd probably lean towards some form of Buddhism.
    • 98 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishy786)
    I would like to say Islam simply because The Quran is a guide for mankind as to how to live their lives. It contains aspects which are applicable to social, political, economic, or military actions and it tells us how to go about achieving a better life.

EDIT: If you are going to give me a bright red gem (not that I mind, obviously), then at least have the decency to tell me why.
    I'd imagine it's because of your claim that Islam is the most likely religion to be true because aspects of the Qur'an are most applicable to real life. I could make up a book on the spot with loads of advice to people on how to live their lives in every way, and then make up a creation story and a revelation story and ship it as a holy book.

Do you see that the Qur'an's instructions aren't evidence for it being true? That's probably why people have negged you.
Updated: March 4, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.