Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cats VS Dogs

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
  • View Poll Results: Cats VS Dogs
    Cats
    52.63%
    Dogs
    47.37%

• 37 followers

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    What's Hello Kitty?

That's funny :-D

Has anyone noticed cats smell nice? The one next door to me smells like a mix of jam and wild berries. When she's sat in my lap I put my nose on her head and smell her fur, it smells very nice.
    You don't know Hello Kitty?
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gridiron-Gangster)
    You don't know Hello Kitty?
    No.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cats. :emog:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cats! Next year I'll get mine . It will be ragdoll.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, it's unfair! why i can't choose both? since ever in my home there were both, cats and dogs to be more specific - one cat and one dog at the same time :P
    • 106 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vai86)
    Cats! Next year I'll get mine . It will be ragdoll.
    My aunt got such a one, couple of weeks ago. Together with her husband she went by car to Tula. Cause as she heard, ragdolls are cheaper over there. There she bought a ragdoll kitten-girl for about 110 pounds. Other kittens went to Moscow, as the seller told.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kabalachek)
    oh come on, it's unfair! why i can't choose both? since ever in my home there were both, cats and dogs to be more specific - one cat and one dog at the same time :P
    Same! I think if I had to have one or the other I'd go with a dog...but I love my kitty too.

Also, this sums up the relationship between my cat and my dog atm.

edit: youtube tags hate me, clickeh.
    • 37 followers

Aww my neighbour's cat is sat sunbathing on my lawn I think I might go outside and stroke it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definately cats; they are cute, playful and can be a nice companion and make your residence feel more homely and warm, but unlike dogs are also quiet and do not require an awful lot of effort to maintain.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tom_jerry_chases04.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	139161
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    cats. i like dogs for short periods of time but hated living with one. my mum got a dog and its just not for me so im glad i dont live there anymore. my cat still lives with her (my house isnt allowed pets, apart from fish, and theres no-one to care for her when i go to spend a few days with other family members, so mum looks after her for me for now).

my cat is 8 years old, had her since she was born in my dining room. she is very clean,playful, very loveable and extremely loyal to me - she isnt too keen on my stepdad as he isnt a fan of cats. when i visit she never leaves me alone, always tries to sit with me and at night will curl up on my bed and sleep next to me the whole night. she knows when i am ill or upset as she becomes quite protective to me and knows when i just need a cuddle (which is what is needed sometimes). they just know their own mind, what they want and who they like, and strike me as a bit more intelligent than dogs are.

dogs on the other hand have a tendency to smell worse than cats (cats are quite clean, like to bury their droppings) and are more likely to just snap one day and attack someone (cos when have you ever heard of a deadly cat attack in the papers). i just dont see them as being as cuddly as cats are. mums dog will be nice to anyone who gives him attention and biscuits (i.e. the builders who are in at the moment), whereas cats are picky about who they like, you have to earn their affection, the builders dont like her as much, and neither does my stepdad, so she decided to get even by leaving cat prints in his newly concreted kitchen floor, a dog would have just attacked, whereas the cat went with a much more sneaky payback. also if you dont look after a cat well and it doesnt feel loved it will just run away and find someone who will look after it, whereas a dog might respond with much more violence.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to muuuuch prefer dogs (being allergic to cats!) but this cat keeps coming in my house because it thinks it lives here he's sooo cute and playful and I think I prefer cats now
    • 37 followers

I love cats so much they are peaceful and gentle and elegant and gorgeous and beautiful and mystical and enchanting.

I love it when they rub against you as if to say "purrr purrr you are now mine and belong to me purrr purrr purrr". So cute. I love to kiss cats such cute loving adorable creatures. They're so protective too even though they lack the physical strength of dogs they always walk beside you like a "security cat" and they're so soft and warm to cuddle and hold and love. I love they're soft little whiskers tickling my face and their tiny little noses and they're pointy ears and fluffy tails and little docile heads.

And the meow sound is one of the most beautiful in my opinion. You just know they're saying something nice and lovely when they meow at you. They're like mini little tigers and lions roaming the jungles except it's your garden. I love the way they walk "tiddle tiddle tiddle" such delicate little paws I love holding them. Sweetest thing is when they curl up and sleep against you. And even if they get old they're still wonderful sure they sleep more as they get older but I'd never get sick or tired of pampering and lookingafter such a beautiful loving creature. I do love dogs too but they need more attention and aren't as peaceful or gentle as cats.

Cats are so wonderful. My two wishes in life: my dream girl and a lovely little cat. I could stroke and kiss one side and my girlfriend strokes and kisses the other. Hehehe kitty would be so spoilt with love and affection.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    mmm...i want a bobcat as a pet. but housecats are pretty mundane.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gridiron-Gangster)
    I love cats so much they are peaceful and gentle and elegant and gorgeous and beautiful and mystical and enchanting.

I love it when they rub against you as if to say "purrr purrr you are now mine and belong to me purrr purrr purrr". So cute. I love to kiss cats such cute loving adorable creatures. They're so protective too even though they lack the physical strength of dogs they always walk beside you like a "security cat" and they're so soft and warm to cuddle and hold and love. I love they're soft little whiskers tickling my face and their tiny little noses and they're pointy ears and fluffy tails and little docile heads.

And the meow sound is one of the most beautiful in my opinion. You just know they're saying something nice and lovely when they meow at you. They're like mini little tigers and lions roaming the jungles except it's your garden. I love the way they walk "tiddle tiddle tiddle" such delicate little paws I love holding them. Sweetest thing is when they curl up and sleep against you. And even if they get old they're still wonderful sure they sleep more as they get older but I'd never get sick or tired of pampering and lookingafter such a beautiful loving creature. I do love dogs too but they need more attention and aren't as peaceful or gentle as cats.

Cats are so wonderful. My two wishes in life: my dream girl and a lovely little cat. I could stroke and kiss one side and my girlfriend strokes and kisses the other. Hehehe kitty would be so spoilt with love and affection.
    I like how they are agile too. I would watch next door's cat jump from the roof to a fence panel with immaculate balance, they're great to watch. She was a fat little fluffy cat, she looked much better than short hair ones with thin tails. I used to love touching her little wet nose and she didn't stop me so I think she liked it.

On the weekend when I didn't have to be up in the morning I would stay downstiars with the cat and let her sleep on me, the most relaxing thing ever. And they don't smell either, it's amazing.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 6, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered animals and pets threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.