The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The official UCL am I good enough / GCSE freak out thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Original post by HeyThereItsKate
Does anyone know how competitive History is? I really need to know...

i read that the acceptance rate is 20%
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 521
Original post by Wisefire
Really? I don't think I'm being too pessimistic at all. I just could not bear getting rejected from UCL, but anyway... I'm going after A*A*A*A* if I'm honest. Self-teaching FM ASAP alongside maths, economics and history.

What with the people/certain 'connections' I know, the grades jump and the (lol) fact that I was overheard by the head of UCL admissions on a train (lmao) when I was discussing grades/contacts/the City with someone I know on it (I just treat this as a goddamn sign), and this motivation I have to do something insanely exceptional this year, and be the London success story... I can fee it... I just know I am basically guaranteed to have good things happen to me if I do insanely well, and I feel almost destined to do well now... I know I will. Oh man... Something's happening... ABDE to A*A*A*A*...

How'd it go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you chosen what you're applying for? Still considering LSE finance course?
Reply 523
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
Have you chosen what you're applying for? Still considering LSE finance course?

Think I'll apply to the LSE Finance course, not 100% sure but most likely

Yourself ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iBall
Think I'll apply to the LSE Finance course, not 100% sure but most likely

Yourself ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sticking to Straight economics but will also apply to UCL's econ w/ stats and just at a 5th choice, the Banking and finance course at CASS business school
Reply 525
Sticking to Straight economics but will also apply to UCL's econ w/ stats and just at a 5th choice, the Banking and finance course at CASS business school

Nice choices! I think I'll apply to the Econ L100/L101 at UCL
Original post by iBall
Nice choices! I think I'll apply to the Econ L100/L101 at UCL

Ooh thinking of going abroad? Which uni abroad are you hoping to study at?
Reply 527
Ooh thinking of going abroad? Which uni abroad are you hoping to study at?

Lol well I was intended to apply for some U.S. universities directly but the whole process is so long winded so I decided a study abroad and maybe a a masters in the US would be good. Not sure what specific university abroad I would want but is like one in the states

Posted from TSR Mobile
quick question: is it possible to get into UCL without the additional AS? I got my 3 AS grades which were pretty great and the B in aforeign language at GCSE. I'm not deadset on UCLbut just wondering if it's a possibility atleast.
English lit A
English Lang A
Psychology A
Re A
Food tech B
History B
French B
Science core B
Science add C
Maths C
???
Would 10A*s at GCSE and A levels in Maths, Economics and Geography put me in a good position for Economics at UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Would 10A*s at GCSE and A levels in Maths, Economics and Geography put me in a good position for Economics at UCL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A friend of mine got into economics with 4A*s,5As and a B so I'd say your grades are A-okay :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi would my GCSE results give me a realistic chance of getting into Cambridge or LSE to study Economics? I got 6A*'s, 1A and 3B's, thanks for any help in advance
Reply 533
Original post by tanya.chichi
A friend of mine got into economics with 4A*s,5As and a B so I'd say your grades are A-okay :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were their other stats?
Original post by tanya.chichi

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were his/her A level subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, I got 6A* and 6A, in traditional subjects:wink:
What are my chances?
Original post by jackmolineux
Hi guys, I got 6A* and 6A, in traditional subjects:wink:
What are my chances?

Are you for real!?
Original post by DeuteriumPie
Are you for real!?

What do you mean??
I'd want to apply for history and I know that's really competitive so I'm not sure how mine compare

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd be applying for Philosophy
I got AABB this year at AS.
- A in psychology and English lit
- B in Law and Maths
I'll be resitting the S1 module and law unit 1 (if possible, i had a bad day and didn't do as well as I hoped in both exams) I have no idea what UCL think of resits though???
And at GCSE I got
3 A*s - in Maths, Sociology and Phil + Ethics
5As - Geography, English, Chemistry, Food Tech, German
2Bs - Biology and physics

Just wondering if my GCSEs are ok ?? If resitting would disadvantage me as a UCL applicant?
What AS/ A Levels would I need to get in for biomedical sciences or similar with 2A*, 5A, 3B and a C at GCSE?
My extracurriculars are leads in bands and permanent membership of St. John Ambulance. I volunteer at least 2.5 hours a week, work at events and teach weekly to people aged 7-18.
Thanks in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending