The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Suetonius
Obviously it's not important and isn't really an accurate representation of either popularity or an outgoing personality, but seriously how do people reach these crazy levels? Do they simply add everyone they meet (or people who they've never met)? Do they travel a lot? In my experience, they tend to be very similar to each other (early twenties with rich daddies, hard drugs and too much Jack Wills). I don't even think I've met 1,000 people in my life. Any 1,000+ers here to shine some light on this mystery?
]

My best friend has over 1000. We go to different colleges and recently he's tried to add some of my college friends even though he's never met them!
Reply 41
I have close to 1000, and have probably added only a handful myself. I've tried culling many times but have given in, I seem to just get readded , or people I've briefly spoken to once in my life get offended I've culled them. It's not that I don't want people to be my friend, I just don't understand why they care if they're on my Facebook friends when they don't talk to me in real life or on Facebok - i'll generally talk back if they do.

For me it's a combination:

Was well known at school and my local area amongst my age group (well known I said, not necessarily popular)
Will talk to anyone, always wanting to network and meet new people
Take part in numerous sports
Worked at a number of different places (work friends open a variety of different social circles)
Rarely turn down invite if i don't have other plans, particularly house parties (great for networking)
Now in the military - no matter how much I try to avoid it work people add me and re add me.

So there you have it - I consider myself a Facebook introvert but still wind up with too many Facebook friends I don't want!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 42
I have over one thousand friends on Facebook. People who are acquainted with my actual friends send me friend request and sometimes people I've never met send me friend request. It's Facebook so I'm inclusive. I don't spend any time chatting with people I don't know but I do enjoy checking out their Facebook timelines. Sometimes I'm surprised by what I find.

Latest