The Student Room Group

Elephant Insurance

Hi,

Has anyone recently been insured by Elephant?
Reply 1
Yes.
Reply 2
Original post by united2000
Yes.

Was it a new policy? I wanted to know whether they asked you for anything else after you got insured

Also they're quite 'cheap' compared to other insurers for younger drivers

thanks
I tried to get a quote from Elephant online last week but it said there was an error and a quote could only be received if I rang them up which I cant really be bothered for, I only wanted a ballpark figure. Are they actually any cheaper than Admiral considering thats who theyre owned by?
Reply 4
Original post by user1111
Was it a new policy? I wanted to know whether they asked you for anything else after you got insured

thanks

Yeah was a new policy. They didnt ask me for proof of no claims because i was with Admiral who they own so Admiral already had that on file.

They just asked insurance questions, making sure the information i put on the comparison site was correct.

I also had to change the policy three times, but as it was within 14 days of starting there was no administration fee.

Original post by hypercaine.
I tried to get a quote from Elephant online last week but it said there was an error and a quote could only be received if I rang them up which I cant really be bothered for, I only wanted a ballpark figure. Are they actually any cheaper than Admiral considering thats who theyre owned by?

I would recommend going on a comparison site and trying there. I got a quote from Confused.com for Elephant. Went on their webpage to see if i went direct if i could get it cheaper, but it was at least £200 more expensive going direct to Elephant.

Cheaper than Admiral for me but thats because i was with Admiral, if you notice on comparison sites Admiral, Elephant and Bell should have similar premiums as they are the same company but Elephant was the cheapest for me so went with them.
Reply 5
Yeah, I took out a policy with them after my quote with my previous insurer went from £800 to £1470 (same car with no accidents or claims made).

I've found Elephant good, only problem so far though was that I was actually uninsured for 3 weeks until my policy documents came through and i found that my reg number was wrong, but with that fixed I haven't had any problems since.

Also I'm not a fan of their lack of website policy adjustments (having to phone/email for most things)
Reply 6
Elephant/Admiral/Bell are the same company. I'm with Admiral. They haven't contacted me asking for more money but then again, I haven't had to make a claim yet.

thanks

Im insured by them at the monent.
They didnt ask me anything else after i got insured. Just the usual stuff when i got a quote off them. Then they wanted the proof of my no claims bonus, which all the other companies do as well.
They are quite cheap for young drivers- so are admiral, bell and diamond. I think they are all part of the same group. In fact, when i got quotes the other day (as i need to renew my insurance soon)- they all came up with exactly the same price.
Original post by hypercaine.

I found they are the same price. I found that bell and diamond charge the same price too. I may be wrong but i think all 4 are part of the same group.
Reply 9
I insure with Elephant (part of the admiral group). For a 22 year old male they seem to be the only company who will offer a reasonable quote. All other companies I have tried came back with annual premiums of more than double.
Original post by Emma:-)
I found they are the same price. I found that bell and diamond charge the same price too. I may be wrong but i think all 4 are part of the same group.

Yeah youre right in that they all part of the same group; all owned by Admiral. That being said Admiral do offer pretty decent prices, although ive found DirectLine and Aviva cheaper - Aviva being significantly cheaper, almost £500 so.
Reply 11
Im insured by them at the monent.
They didnt ask me anything else after i got insured. Just the usual stuff when i got a quote off them. Then they wanted the proof of my no claims bonus, which all the other companies do as well.
They are quite cheap for young drivers- so are admiral, bell and diamond. I think they are all part of the same group. In fact, when i got quotes the other day (as i need to renew my insurance soon)- they all came up with exactly the same price.

thanks :smile: so they didn't ask for a copy of your licence?
thanks :smile: so they didn't ask for a copy of your licence?

No, they didnt ask for a copy of my licence or anything. When i was with tesco's before that- they didnt either. I dont think any insurance companies ask for a copy of your licence. I may be wrong though.
Reply 13
[INDENT]
No, they didnt ask for a copy of my licence or anything. When i was with tesco's before that- they didnt either. I dont think any insurance companies ask for a copy of your licence. I may be wrong though.

Oh right thanks :smile:
Reply 14
Didn't know who Elephant was; thought you were talking about being insured against Elephant stampedes. :argh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending