Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

From Snorlax to Eevee! (I hope..)

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody2Shoes-x)
    And honestly, wouldn't everyone prefer an Eevee to a Snorlax?
    That they would, that they would...

Good luck with this, trust me the confidence that comes with having a good body is amazing.

Do your research about how to best achieve it and just do it. It is pretty straightforward once you know what to do.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I will definitley be using a few of these... yeah, I'm trying to sort of limit myself to 1300 cals a day, plus exercise, do you think this is a safe amount? I'll definitley look into muscle mass increasing exercises.

And the curse of the pear shaped bodies... sigh. I blame my mother and her pesky genes.
    You look more like an hourglass as you have a small waist compared to the typical pear shaped woman. I'm also pear (typical black woman with a big bum and no boobs) and when was losing weight I did a lot of upper body weight lifting in order to balance out my body a bit. Now that I have lost the weight my body shape has slightly changed a bit.

Like others have said if you stick to 1500 calories and exercise the weight should slowly come off. With regards to weights make sure you lift as heavy as possible and maybe look into doing lifts like deadlifts, squats, bench press, dips and pull ups.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    OK, so here goes! I am going to explain right here that my eating pattern got a bit screwed today due to me being on a late shift for placement - this is not something that happens regularly to me (yet) and when it's schedueled I'm hoping I'll be better prepared for it, but in the meantime, this is what I had to eat today.

Day One.

Meals:

Breakfast: Two wholemeal rolls with Tesco chicken sandwich slices. (On a normal shift, this would be my lunch - I had to eat it on the way into placement. Fail.)

Lunch: One Pink Lady apple.

Tea: Six boiled potatoes, and a HECK of a lot of cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and broccoli with some gravy.

Drank: A one litre bottle of Tesco apple and raspberry flavoured sparkling water.

Exercise:

I did the Now That's What I Call Fitness dance workout DVD, and 100 sit ups.

Conclusion:

Not the best start - I overcompensated on my dinner due to being too hungry throughout the day (curse random late shifts out of nowhere!), so I tried to make it more healthy - better to overcompensate on vegetables, right? The exercise thing is also kind of pitiful, but bearing in mind I've not properly exercised for a while and it's going to take me a while to get back into things.

All in all, it's a start! Here's hoping tomorrow is better!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)
    You look more like an hourglass as you have a small waist compared to the typical pear shaped woman. I'm also pear (typical black woman with a big bum and no boobs) and when was losing weight I did a lot of upper body weight lifting in order to balance out my body a bit. Now that I have lost the weight my body shape has slightly changed a bit.

Like others have said if you stick to 1500 calories and exercise the weight should slowly come off. With regards to weights make sure you lift as heavy as possible and maybe look into doing lifts like deadlifts, squats, bench press, dips and pull ups.
    Thanks for the help, will definitley give it a go when I'm next at the gym.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    You don't seem very overweight so it doesn't seem too difficult
    I'm sure you can do it
    Goodluck (Y)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y-y)
    You don't seem very overweight so it doesn't seem too difficult
    I'm sure you can do it
    Goodluck (Y)

Thank you. I'd just rather nip it in the bud now and lost a bit, rather than keep going and end up having to lose a huge amount of weight. Whoever it was that coined a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips, I'd like to kill them.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I'd just rather nip it in the bud now and lost a bit, rather than keep going and end up having to lose a huge amount of weight. Whoever it was that coined a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips, I'd like to kill them.
    LOL yeah true, better late than never
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also agree. I wished I did it much earlier as I wouldn't have had to lose as much as I did
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Day One.

Meals:

Breakfast: Two wholemeal rolls with Tesco chicken sandwich slices. (On a normal shift, this would be my lunch - I had to eat it on the way into placement. Fail.)

Lunch: One Pink Lady apple.

Tea: Six boiled potatoes, and a HECK of a lot of cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and broccoli with some gravy.

Drank: A one litre bottle of Tesco apple and raspberry flavoured sparkling water.

Exercise:

I did the Now That's What I Call Fitness dance workout DVD, and 100 sit ups.
    Diet could be slightly better, you actually need to eat a bit more but different foods. For example your lunch was severeley lacking, your tea was fine but you need a good protein source in there, piece of chicken for example.

As for exercise I don't know what kind of facilities you have at your disposal, but try dropping 100 situps and doing an all over body routine involving pressups, situps, lunges, squats and dorsal raises. It'll get more muscle groups working and help with the fat loss, 100 situps really won't do much for you other than make you better at doing 100 situps

P.s. clearly a legend for having a Doctor Who poster in your bedroom.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikestraws)
    Diet could be slightly better, you actually need to eat a bit more but different foods. For example your lunch was severeley lacking, your tea was fine but you need a good protein source in there, piece of chicken for example.

As for exercise I don't know what kind of facilities you have at your disposal, but try dropping 100 situps and doing an all over body routine involving pressups, situps, lunges, squats and dorsal raises. It'll get more muscle groups working and help with the fat loss, 100 situps really won't do much for you other than make you better at doing 100 situps

P.s. clearly a legend for having a Doctor Who poster in your bedroom.
    Yeah, my diet is not normally like that, I was just severely unprepared for my shift that day and ate my food too early.

And the exercise DVD contains things like squats and lunges, lots of jumping about too, mainly cardio. So I do the 100 sit ups at the end, don't know why, just always finish my workouts with sit ups... Once I finish placement this week I'll have a lot more free time available to go to the gym which obviously has a lot more equipment than my bedroom.

Although it doesn't have Dr Who posters.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Snorlax doens't evolve into Eevee.

It's not about how much calories you burn off during excersize, it's all about kick starting metabolism to burn off fat after.

That diet's poor too........ One apple for dinner? Bag of potatos for tea! Come on, little and often. Try and avoid Carbs, unless you're planning on a lot of excersize to burn them off.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friggerpants)
    Snorlax doens't evolve into Eevee.

It's not about how much calories you burn off during excersize, it's all about kick starting metabolism to burn off fat after.

That diet's poor too........ One apple for dinner? Bag of potatos for tea! Come on, little and often. Try and avoid Carbs, unless you're planning on a lot of excersize to burn them off.
    I'm a trainee Midwife, not a comedian I'm not brilliant at jokes.

As for the diet thing, I admitted, that wasn't a good day for me. It was because I'd had a random late shift flung at me out of nowhere, and so I was unprepared for the day, and had to make do with what I could. I'll be posting my meals for today later so hopefully that will be an improvement.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisateen)

Spot on. Hit the weights (proper weights, not the pastel coloured womens ones). Big compound lifts. Train 100% every goddamn time, and the pounds will fly off. Supplement with high-intensity cardio. You want your body to require quick bursts of energy (thus metabolising more stores). None of this 30 minute jog/row/cycle, your body will adjust to that intensity in order to minimize nutrient usage.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Day Two.

Meals:

Breakfast: 40g of Coco Shreddies with skimmed milk.

Lunch: Two wholemeal rolls with Tesco chicken sandwich slices and one Pink Lady apple.

Tea: Two flour tortillas with Mexican chicken, onion, mushrooms and peppers.

Drank: A one litre bottle of Tesco lemon and lime flavoured sparkling water.

Exercise:

Just 100 sit ups.

Conclusion:
    Not good at all today, due to working on my assessment folder all night (find out if I've passed out tomorrow, eek!) but at least I've cut out snacking between meals. Once placement is over I'm hitting the gym to do some more intensive cardio, and possibly some weights. In the meantime, I'm going to stick at eating three meals a day and no snacking, except for fruit. And I'll go for a run tomorrow morning on top of my workout to make up for tonight.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aisha~~)
    Spot on. Hit the weights (proper weights, not the pastel coloured womens ones). Big compound lifts. Train 100% every goddamn time, and the pounds will fly off. Supplement with high-intensity cardio. You want your body to require quick bursts of energy (thus metabolising more stores). None of this 30 minute jog/row/cycle, your body will adjust to that intensity in order to minimize nutrient usage.
    Thanks for the advice I'll keep this is mind when I start hitting the gym.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Coco Shreddies <3
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Day Three.

Meals:

Lunch: Leftover Mexican mix from last night, chicken, onion, mushrooms and peppers, and a Pink Lady apple.

Tea: A grilled chicken breast, boilet potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts with gravy.

Drank: Half of a one litre bottle of Tesco apple and raspberry sparkling water, and half a bottle of Tesco orange juice.

Exercise:

100 sit ups.
    Run a minute, walk a minute, ten times.
    35 minute brisk walk.
    Ten minutes intense workout on the bike.

Conclusion:

Very happy today! My lunch could have been lower in calories but I had to use up leftovers. It was my first day in the gym today and I was a bit awestruck! I haven't been to the gym in months, if not years, and this was the biggest gym I'd been in. It sort of made me realise how badly unfit I was, hence why I'm taking it slowly with the workout - I'm trying to steadily increase my fitness levels. My gym has loads of classes during the week I'm entitled to go to for free and I'd love to try them - things like yoga, kickboxing, circuits! Feeling very positive today! AND resisted buying chocolate when popping to the shops with a friend (the kind who eats endless junk, and doesn't put on an ounce. If we weren't such good friends, I'd hate her).
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Day Four.

Meals:

Lunch: Tesco roast chicken sandwich, and a Pink Lady apple.

Tea: Six chicken dippers and four and a half boiled potatoes.

Drank: Half of a one litre bottle of Tesco apple and raspberry sparkling water, half a bottle of Tesco orange juice, one Capri sun.

Snacks: A Special K milk chocolate cereal bar.

Exercise:

100 sit ups.
    50 minute brisk walk.

Conclusion:

Not the greatest today - I don't know what happened, but I'm getting quite severe tightenings and pain in my upper back, between my shoulders, as well as my chest whenever I laugh, or when I move in a certain way. Because of this I didn't want to push it with the exercise and make it worse, so stuck to sit ups and brisk walking. As I finished placement earlier I had a special K bar due to feeling very hungry - 88 calories.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    You can already tell your figure will be amazing; I'm totally jealous of your waist! Anyway, good luck, and keep us all updated!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    You can already tell your figure will be amazing; I'm totally jealous of your waist! Anyway, good luck, and keep us all updated!
    Thank you so much! I'm so excited about it, I can't wait to really get into it and see my fitness increase! Will do, good luck for the contest! How're things going for it?
Updated: March 23, 2013
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.