The Student Room Group

A2 (Edexcel) Physics Unit 4 & 5 6PH08 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by DeadBullyMafiosi
Unit 5 Physics A2 Level Exam will come up tommorow.
Gas Laws,Nuclear Decay,Oscillation,Astrophysics and Cosmology are 100 per cent likely to come up!

oh yeah
I thought that physics might come up
im predicting finding the ratio of R to d whr R is the radius of some star and d is the distance of the star to earth...cz it seems cool...lol
Original post by elkana
oh yeah
I thought that physics might come up

SEE Im a genius! I know exactly what will come up!
Hi, I just completed AS physics and started to study A2, and was wondering how unit 4 and 5. Is it still poorly worded (ie unit 2)? And what is the difficulty in getting A* or A in a2. Thanks :smile:
Reply 184
I think Unit 5 is very easy. It's heavily maths based, Unit 4 can be tricky though, the exam in January was awful. I'm on for A/A* however I got a B in unit 1 and a C in unit 2 before I resat them.
Original post by poopypie
Oh alright, I get it now! Thanks!!!

by the way if an object is moving away, the frequency decreases and vice versa.

Oh right sorry. :colondollar: Bit of a swap there :colondollar:
Original post by Harry.93
I think Unit 5 is very easy. It's heavily maths based, Unit 4 can be tricky though, the exam in January was awful. I'm on for A/A* however I got a B in unit 1 and a C in unit 2 before I resat them.

Thanks, I just finished AS chemistry and heard topics like ideial gas and enthalpy will be in thermal physics. Is this true? I enjoyed unit 1 but not unit 2. The unit 1 exam was very easy and striaght forward and i am hoping for 120 ums in unit 1 but at least a B in unit 2. I never want to do that again.:redface: I might enjoying unit 5 if there lots of maths, but little chat.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 187
How was it guys?? I found the paper pretty simple, but their were some pretty tricky questions- especially in the MCQs... I think the grade boundary will be about 60.

Im in the same situation but got C in Unit 1 and an A in Unit 2. And I think Im on A/A* too!
Reply 189
How did people find the exam? I found it to be alright, i thought the multiple choice were harder than the actual questions :smile:
Reply 190
It was okay, I didn't like the first wordy question dropped around 6 marks for sure. Wasn't as maths based as previous papers :frown:
Original post by poopypie
How was it guys?? I found the paper pretty simple, but their were some pretty tricky questions- especially in the MCQs... I think the grade boundary will be about 60.

Original post by najd5
How did people find the exam? I found it to be alright, i thought the multiple choice were harder than the actual questions :smile:

It was okay, I didn't like the first wordy question dropped around 6 marks for sure. Wasn't as maths based as previous papers :frown:

Check out the Unit 5 thread for lots of discussion :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2013095
Original post by hotheadhacker
im predicting finding the ratio of r to d whr r is the radius of some star and d is the distance of the star to earth...cz it seems cool...lol

your predication came out right!!
Reply 193
hey could somebody explain how to estimate the radius for unit 4 physics Jun 2010 questions 8 and 13(b).

In question 8 i dont understand how the answer is C.
I mean isn't it like
50 X 0.40sin90 X (0.060)2

help me please.:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending