The Student Room Group

A2 (Edexcel) Physics Unit 4 & 5 6PH08 June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
IM FREAKING OUT FORM UNIT 6 !! its so difficult !! i mean uncertainty questions are weirdo !!! any tips please !! and also what expts do v learn ....any form AS >>??!!? any from unit 4 ?! i have hodder book its really god but its too length !! so im planning on doing only the experiments given in it ..?! wbu all ..?!
same here...the hodder book is really great and im learning all the experiments in it :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by Kate Beckett
same here...the hodder book is really great and im learning all the experiments in it :smile:

Kate. Could you send us the copies of those pages from the Hodder Book?
Original post by ammarnkhan
Well up till now i haven't even looked at the AS ones. I really don't know if i should. I mean judging by the New Syllabus papers from 2010 onwards, you really don't need to know the expt we did last year. There are plenty of expts from this year alone (around 12 if i'm not wrong) so it needs quite an extensive preparation in itself.

How's your prep going?

Bad :/ I guess I am just going to go through A2 experiments and uncertainties thoroughly, and try to go over some relevant AS ones :/ But since everyone tells me how good the experiments from Hodder are also, I think I will go over the A2 ones from there too. You? What are you doing?

Original post by Abrar_Higuain
ohh..i waz really confused about uncertainities....would you plz post it here..or u can send me by email if u have enough time at '[email protected]"...btw do u have chem u6??? :smile:

Sorry, I was busy with my S1 exam :frown: Posting it it now :smile: Credit to original uploader.
Original post by Parthenon93
Bad :/ I guess I am just going to go through A2 experiments and uncertainties thoroughly, and try to go over some relevant AS ones :/ But since everyone tells me how good the experiments from Hodder are also, I think I will go over the A2 ones from there too. You? What are you doing?

Sorry, I was busy with my S1 exam :frown: Posting it it now :smile: Credit to original uploader.

oh THANK YOU so much.......it waz a really good help....cleared a lot of confusions for me....specially uncertainities....btw i have a question.....what is SENSITIVITY of an experiment????....found that in the specification....
Reply 45
can anyone help me please , what should i study for physics 6PH08 ? any notes for help ???
Reply 46
Original post by heretolearnscience
I haven't begun any revision whatsoever but I'd like to begin gathering up some past papers, its been a tough time finding the alternative to practicals (Unit 6B) papers online. I'd much appreciate it if someone could please post a link to where I can find these papers. Thanks. :smile:

Otherwise how's the preparation coming along for you guys?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/93763855/Edexcel-A2-Physics-Unit-6B-Experimental-Physics-6PH08-January-2012-Question-Paper
Reply 47
Original post by Dissh.M
Hey do any of u have the unit 5 physics jan 2012 paper ... i hve searched evrywhere .. cnt find it ?
Anyone please upload would be really helpful ... :smile:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/93763855/Edexcel-A2-Physics-Unit-6B-Experimental-Physics-6PH08-January-2012-Question-Paper
Reply 48
Read the edexcel book for a start..Its not even as bad a unit 4; just make sure you understand the simple harmonic motion equations properly
Reply 49
Get the practical investigation sheets, they are really good.
Reply 51
Anyone has extra questions of Unit 6 other than the new syllabus ??
Reply 52
Original post by Abrar_Higuain
Can any 1 plzz post the link containing Januray 2012 Question papers,Mark scheme and Examiner's report of Biology,chemistry,physics and Maths???? plzzzzzzz

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1971547
Reply 54
That went well :biggrin:
Reply 55
An easy paper, tho it seems that I've quote too many s.f. in my uncertainty... idiot lol
will marks be deducted ;_;
Reply 56
The diode question was a bit tricky but overall an easy paper :smile:
Reply 57
Original post by aliveyuen
An easy paper, tho it seems that I've quote too many s.f. in my uncertainty... idiot lol
will marks be deducted ;_;

I wrote it till 2 sf. i dont' think it would matter unless you've quoted it for like 4 or 5 sf, which i'm sure you haven't, right?
Reply 58
i dont think so either ... yeah that diode how did u draw the diagram ....
and what did y all get for ur uncertainty for k and the velocity in the 1st question ??
Overall easy paper. I took a beaker full of water and dipped the diode in it and labelled it! You don't have to worry about, how diode is an electrical component and may not work well under water! It was a ditto of NTC thermistor!

K uncertainity - 8.4%
V uncertainity - 3.9%
Value of K - 6.17

Theory not supported, since percentage difference in K (37.1%) relating to the given g=9.81 was greater than percentage uncertainity in K.

I am just confused about the value of the Temperature of the asteroid (Weinn'z Law Question)

Help me out by suggesting your answers for T

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending