The Student Room Group

MySQA SAM's Study Tips

Scroll to see replies

SAM’s Study tips 35: Get smart and grab extra time during the day by getting up earlier or shortening your lunch break.
SAM's Study tips 36: Get a good night's sleep. Do not stay up till all hours revising unless you feel this is vital - in which case, why???
SAM's Study tips No 37: Don't be late. Do be prepared - pen, check; pencil, check; calculator, check; lucky Yoda action figure, check...
SAM's Study tips 38: Use the same pens etc. you normally use in class. This can be a small psychological booster - use new pens for spares.
SAM's Study tips No 39: RTQ. ATQ. (My good upbringing forces me to leave out the "F").
SAM's Study tips 40: Do not repeat the question, the examiner knows what it is. Just go straight into the answer - which could be one word.
SAM's Study tips 41: In maths, attempt all questions. Even if you can't do the harder later parts, the early bits should be easy marks.
SAM’s Study tips 42: In Maths, always write down your method of coming to the answers - put down all thoughts you think are relevant.
SAM's Study tips No 43: Think of exam day as just another school or college day - you'll be more relaxed that way.
SAM's Study tips 44: Relax before going to bed and get plenty of sleep. Don't go to bed too early so that you don't sleep.
SAM's Study tips 45: Take a watch or small clock to check time. BUT check any alarm sounds are off - invigilators won't see the funny side.
SAM's Study tips 46: You may get a couple of minutes to read the instructions on the first page - make sure that you use these wisely.
SAM's Study tips 47: Always check your work - you can make silly errors and not realise unless you check your answer.
Reply 53
Thanks so much for all these tips! Although I am drinking coffee right now and have been increasing my tea intake as of late. Must stop. :biggrin:
SAM's Study tips 46: Prepare items for the exam the evening before. Make sure you have the correct equipment (calculators, rulers, etc).
SAM's Study tips 48: Read the question completely and fully understand what the examiner wants before you begin answering the questions.
SAM's Exam tips 50: Quickly read the paper to get an idea of what questions are in it. THEN read each question carefully and thoroughly.
SAM's Exam tip 51: Some exams need PENS, others should be completed in PENCIL. Make sure you know what you should be using before you go in.
Original post by mysqa
SAM's Study tips 9: Don't compare your prelim performance with your friends. Set your own goals and work hard to achieve them.

People take prelims too seriously! I know people who had 4s in prelims and have got 1s in the final exams :smile:
Original post by mysqa
SAM's Exam tip 51: Some exams need PENS, others should be completed in PENCIL. Make sure you know what you should be using before you go in.

I have a study tip! Deactivate Facebook until exams are over. I never took studying seriously or spent enough time revising because of Facebook! Then I came to the unhappy realisation that the only way I would was to deactivate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending