Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MySQA SAM's Study Tips

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Exam tips 52: Do the questions you feel confident about first to build confidence - you may find yourself remembering more things.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anthonyfl)
    I have a study tip! Deactivate Facebook until exams are over. I never took studying seriously or spent enough time revising because of Facebook! Then I came to the unhappy realisation that the only way I would was to deactivate it
    So you came over to TSR instead. I like your thinking...
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    So you came over to TSR instead. I like your thinking...
    Yes haha, at least it is full of like minded people though when it comes to studying!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips 53: Always read each question carefully. Don't assume "I know this" and charge in. You're likely to make silly mistakes.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    SAM’s Study tip 54: Exams are not a test of honesty - you won't be penalised if you tell the examiner that you are CANCER rather than SAGITTARIUS.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    SAM’s Study tips 55: Dwelling on an exam that you have completed wastes energy and time, and will drive you crazy. Let go!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    SAM’s Study tips 56: Always credit your sources in academic writing, even when you are referring to ideas rather than actually quoting.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    SAM’s Study tips 57: Despite what you may think, examiners are not sadists whose sole purpose in life is to catch you out. They want you to succeed.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    SAM’s Study tips 58: If you get a mental block breathe deeply, relax and ask yourself "If I did know the answer, what would it be?"
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    SAM’s Study tips 59: On a question worth 6 marks, even if your final answer is wrong you can still get 5 out of 6 marks by showing your method.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    SAM’s Study tips 60: Do the questions you feel most confident about first to build your confidence - you may find yourself remembering more things.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    SAM's Exam tips 52: Do the questions you feel confident about first to build confidence - you may find yourself remembering more things.

(Original post by mysqa)
    SAM’s Study tips 60: Do the questions you feel most confident about first to build your confidence - you may find yourself remembering more things.
    Déjà vu SAM :rolleyes:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well done, go to the top of the class. It did seem strangely familiar as I was posting it...

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    Well done, go to the top of the class. It did seem strangely familiar as I was posting it...

At least you know I'm taking note of your tips
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I am genuinely flattered, and a little relieved!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    I am genuinely flattered, and a little relieved!
    And a little creeped out, no? :gasp:

P.S. SAM, is it not past your bed-time?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quick-use)
    And a little creeped out, no? :gasp:

P.S. SAM, is it not past your bed-time?
    I'm a 24/7 kind of gal. Whenever I'm needed I'll be there. All I need is a cape and a mask really.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    SAM’s Study tips 61: If your teacher can read your handwriting, so can the examiner. But if no one can read it, it can't be marked. Be careful.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    SAM’s Study tips 62: Prioritise - Use the number of marks per question as a guide and MAKE SURE you do any compulsory questions.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    SAM’s Study tips 63: Be positive - focus on what you do know rather than what you don't know.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 7, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.