The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You have hairs all over your body, some of which can barely even be seen/felt. I guess if you're dark haired it's perhaps a little different.
but I've never thought to shave my arms, but then again I barely even have hair on my arms, people in the past have asked if I shave my arms because they can't see/feel any hair on them.
If I had really thick, dark hair on my arms, then I would perhaps wax them... I don't really know! :mmm:
Reply 101
Original post by Eternal*
How do you not fully wax your arms? Its not possible to half wax, or wax patches?

I wax all over them, I just don't make a big effort to make them fully smooth. There's always going to be a few hairs that escape, what I mean is that I don't worry about them, so long as my arms look mostly hair free.
Original post by Noirla

Hair removal cream- Good general option. The application is similar to bleach, but comes with better scents, more variety, tends to leave the skin very smooth and its less hazardous to textiles. Caution, the creams cant be used too often (I think its every 72 hours maximum) or it may cause chemical burns.

Since you dont like too much effort I'd recommend an in shower hair removal cream. I think there are some that stay on even with water running over them until you scrape it off. This is also a fairly quick and cheap method that shouldnt cause too much pair or discomfort if any.

DISAGREE. Hair removal cream is crap. I did it twice on my arms and even after I had washed off the cream and scraped the hair away.. within a few hours the hair was back.

It also doesn't take the hair off properly and leaves clumps. Maybe it's okay for thin or fine hair but for thick arm hair it just causes pain and loss of time.
Original post by Historophilia
Yes I've noticed this as well.

I live in a very asian area and most of the asian beauty salons offer arm waxing, I've never seen it anywhere else.

None of my asian friends do it though.

Yeah I'm from Birmingham so about half of my friends from home are Asian in origin.

Two of my friends that don't wear headscarves get it done, the others don't bother, presumably because they don't show their arms.
Original post by Historophilia
Maybe she just does forearms?

That makes a lot of sense, it must have been the wording that confused me :smile:

Original post by deadwing
I wax all over them, I just don't make a big effort to make them fully smooth. There's always going to be a few hairs that escape, what I mean is that I don't worry about them, so long as my arms look mostly hair free.

Thanks for clearing that up, if I'm waxing at home then Im too fussed either, but if Im getting my arms/legs waxed from a salon i'll be really picky and make sure they've got every last hair :smile:
:lol: No, I don't, even though I have dark brown hair. I'd never even thought about it until I read it in a magazine (which was the one thing available to read at the time) and they were mocking some celebrity or other for having hair on their arms. It would feel weird to have bald arms.:s-smilie:
Reply 106
Most of the guys are only selecting the hairless option because they've been given the choice. It's not like they'd notice the hair on girls' arms 9 out of 10 times anyway...

I don't shave my arms. The hair is a little noticeable when I've got out of the shower because it's wet (duh) and so is darker and hangs in a sort of drowned rat fashion across my arms. Still not something I'd expect someone to notice unless they were told to look at it.

Edit: Oh and the occasional times when I've brushed against a girl's stubbly arm, I've jerked away in disgust. Purely because it feels unnatural and horrid.
(edited 12 years ago)
from looking at the pics i wouldnt mind. I actually have less hair on my arms then you and im a GUY and have never shaved them. Wierd yea
No, it keeps my arms snug.
Reply 109
God no. I can hardly be bothered shaving my legs never mind my arms!
My arm-hair is really really pale (which is odd considering my hair on my head is dark brown), and has never grown past maybe a a centimetre long. So I don't bother shaving it, since you don't even notice it unless your face is like, against my arm for whatever reason.
I don't. It's not noticeable and no girl or guy has ever said anything about it and I'm sure if a boyfriend did mind they would let me know.

Arm hair usually isn't a big deal. Everyone has it and its usually pretty scarce on women even if a bit dark.
That being said I don't understand the pressure on why girls should be basically hairless like naked mole rats but men can grow hair here there are everywhere
Girls should always have hair-free arms. No excuse.
Original post by inadilemma
Wow, you guys sure know how to boost a girl's self-esteem dont you?

Honey we boys have hair. But you're a lovely beautiful girl and I want the world to see that. So will you kindly walk to the nearest bathroom and clean it off please. lol :smile:

P.s: I'll take you out for dinner if you do that. And if you don't have a boy friend.
Original post by ras90
Girls should always have hair-free arms. No excuse.

Question. Exactly how many girls do you know who shave their arms?
Reply 115
Original post by NotYourMom
Honey we boys have hair. But you're a lovely beautiful girl and I want the world to see that. So will you kindly walk to the nearest bathroom and clean it off please. lol :smile:

P.s: I'll take you out for dinner if you do that. And if you don't have a boy friend.

Not in a million years. If I want to get rid of the hair on my arms I'll do it for myself and not for you. Thanks much.

I was asking a question about what people prefer. I didn't ask to be insulted.

Exacerbating a girl's self-esteem is not going to get you a date. Piss off.
Reply 116
The hair on my arms isn't that noticable imo, the hair is fine but dark which i don't like, so i shave it off. It leaves my arms silky smooth like a babys bottom :smile: Love that feeling.

Luckily i dont have to shave it often, once every 2 weeks will do. If only the rest of my bodily hair grey at this slow rate.:tongue:
The hair on my arms is blonde and very fine, so I've never even considered shaving it.

Unless it was really terrible, I don't know why anybody would put another burden like that on themselves!
Reply 118
Original post by ironandwine
Yep, ever since I overheard two guys discussing/making fun of my arm hair when I was thirteen... didn't even realise they were that hairy :')

Aaaww thats sad buuutt Yep that happened to many girls in primary in my class but now no-one cares in secondary school however i do still shave cause to me it looks nicer than hairy arms considering im indian and have not too dark hair but still have a proportional amount of arm hair :smile:
I never realised people did shave their arms!

Latest