The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by hannahchan
DISAGREE. Hair removal cream is crap. I did it twice on my arms and even after I had washed off the cream and scraped the hair away.. within a few hours the hair was back.

It also doesn't take the hair off properly and leaves clumps. Maybe it's okay for thin or fine hair but for thick arm hair it just causes pain and loss of time.

Fair enough if it didn't work well for you but from personal experience, as some one who has very thick dark hair I've found it a very good option. I probably first tried hair removal creams about 7 years ago and they weren't good so I used a razor from then on. I've found the modern creams to be much better now and the effect on the hairs makes for much softer regrowth rather than blunted hairs which feel a bit scratchy. My recommendation is based on my own experience after trying a lot of products and methods in this area.

Protip:

Spoiler

Original post by Historophilia
No girl doesn't have hair on their arms naturally, of course they have it, you just haven't noticed it.

And no-one I have ever met shaves their arms, it is in no way normal.

Asian girls don't have hair.
Original post by ras90
Asian girls don't have hair.

Of course they don't dear *pats on head*

Now off you pop into your little dream world where women are as smooth and hair free as barbie dolls.

No, woman have body hair and this body hair gets thicker and darker and more abundant with puberty just as men's does (though obviously not as much).
I think I would notice......you obviously dont have a lot of asian (chinese, japanese etc) friends.
I have hardly any hair on my arms, and its so light you can't even see it.
Shaving my arms honestly hasn't ever crossed my mind
Original post by ras90
I think I would notice......you obviously dont have a lot of asian (chinese, japanese etc) friends.

In fact I have plenty of asian friends...

On my asian friends due to having very dark hair and often pale skin it's usually more noticeable than on many.

Unless they have an actual medical condition which causes the total loss of all body hair, they do have body hair. All human beings have body hair it is completely natural, it is abnormal for it to be otherwise.

Clearly they either remove their body hair, or bleach it etc. or yes, you haven't noticed, because unless you go around staring at girls arms then you wouldn't.
Reply 146
It depends on how much hair you have and if you have a tan. If you have a tan, having a bit of armhair is less noticable, but if you are very white and have quite a bit of arm hair, I'd reccomend shaving it.
Oh dear God, why are we even discussing this?! The OP does not have an unnatural amount of hair on her arm and she shouldn't be made to feel hairy or man-like because of it!

Original post by ras90

My Chinese housemate not only has arm hair (albeit fine), but also a faint moustache. But that's none of my business, it's her body and she can do whatever the she wants.
(edited 12 years ago)
Hahahahaha lord no, I've got better things to do with my time than shave my ****ing arms - who even does that?!

Two words people: ARM. STUBBLE. = 1000x more frickin' weird and gross than fine arm hairs.
Who even cares? Seriously?
I've waxed mine a couple of times and now you can hardly see it....also it makes your skin sooo irresibisibly touchably softtt :smile:
Everyone has arm hair but you can see mine because I have light skin and black hair. Unfortunate combination.
Original post by omnomnom1234
I've waxed mine a couple of times and now you can hardly see it....also it makes your skin sooo irresibisibly touchably softtt :smile:

me too! i love the finish after waxxing and have now even moved onto to waxing my armpit hair! no where near as bad as every1 makes out. ive stop[ped going to the salon to get it done as well coz there are so many fantastic home waxing kits out no, like that nads coz its all natural ingredients, that i dont want to pay extortionate prices at the saloon when i can do it just as well myself. I say if your at all concerned (and the starter of this thread obviously is to start tht thread!) then just wax your arms, u may aswell , it only takes a bit of time and will give you much more self confidence. I openly admit to my friends or any1 that i wax my arms and they are all just like " oh yeh i want to too" so dont be embarrased!
Original post by GowgasGoat
me too! i love the finish after waxxing and have now even moved onto to waxing my armpit hair! no where near as bad as every1 makes out. ive stop[ped going to the salon to get it done as well coz there are so many fantastic home waxing kits out no, like that nads coz its all natural ingredients, that i dont want to pay extortionate prices at the saloon when i can do it just as well myself. I say if your at all concerned (and the starter of this thread obviously is to start tht thread!) then just wax your arms, u may aswell , it only takes a bit of time and will give you much more self confidence. I openly admit to my friends or any1 that i wax my arms and they are all just like " oh yeh i want to too" so dont be embarrased!

yeaahhh I epilate my underarms...hurt like **** the first time and bled slightly but now i cant feel it and it lasstt sooooo long too
thumbss up for hair removall :smile:
Original post by ras90

They do I have had many Chinese friends in the past and a few at university now I remember them having arm hair, some had upper lip hair too. The ones you know probably removed the hair or you didn't notice it.
I don't, but I have quite light hair so it doesn't matter.

However, I do know girls that have/do shave, but like you said OP, it's one of those things that you have to keep on top of otherwise you would get stubble.

Also, looking at the pics of yours, although yes you can see hair, I can't really say I notice hairy arms on girls unless they point it out like you have. Unless they were actually like a gorilla, but I've never seen a girl with hairy arms that bad...
I have seriously never considered it in my life.
Original post by chronic_fatigue
They do I have had many Chinese friends in the past and a few at university now I remember them having arm hair, some had upper lip hair too. The ones you know probably removed the hair or you didn't notice it.

Some do, but some have none nautrually.
Original post by ras90
Some do, but some have none nautrually.

Oh yeah sure they can happen, if they have alopecia universalis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_universalis

But then they wouldn't have any head hair either.

Sorry to break it to you but there is no condition, medical or otherwise that would lead someone to have hair on their heads, eyebrows and eyelashes and none on their bodies.
Original post by Historophilia
Oh yeah sure they can happen, if they have alopecia universalis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_universalis

But then they wouldn't have any head hair either.

Sorry to break it to you but there is no condition, medical or otherwise that would lead someone to have hair on their heads, eyebrows and eyelashes and none on their bodies.

So explain why my chinese girlfriend has long black hair on her head and has no natural hair on her arms and legs.

Latest