The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why waste your time? Girls are supposed to have downy arms. They keep you warm FFS, and you'll just look prepubescent if you're smooth all over.

I probably wouldn't even mind if a girl didn't shave her armpits tbh. Make love, not razorblades.
(edited 12 years ago)
I don't shave them. I've hugged a girl who shaves it and it doesn't feel nice to me at all.
Original post by ras90
So explain why my chinese girlfriend has long black hair on her head and has no natural hair on her arms and legs.

She's either got such fine light hair on her limbs that you can't see it and she may as well not have any or she removes it or she's lying.

One of the three, seriously, as I've said, bar medical conditions, everyone has hair on their body.
Original post by jismith1989
Why waste your time? Girls are supposed to have downy arms. They keep you warm FFS, and you'll just look prepubescent if you're smooth all over.

I probably wouldn't even mind if a girl didn't shave her armpits tbh. Make love, not razorblades.

You have no idea how popular you probably are right now! :biggrin:
Unless you can actually see it, it doesn't bother me at all.

Coincidentally, all of my previous girlfriends shaved their arms completely. I guess I wouldn't mind, though I've yet to actually be in a relationship with a woman who still had hair there.

Idunnolol
When I was younger my peers gave me a bit of a complex about my arm hair so I shaved and it came back itchy and stubbly. My hair goes blonde in the sun so it is pretty unnoticeable then.

I have a lot more hair on my arms than my sister, friends and even my lil bro but NO guy or girl has ever made a point of it or made me feel insecure about it after I was 16 or whatever. It's such a non-issue.

I understand why girls with darker hair and loads more hair would remove it with creams/wax/shave/laser but I'm a mousy brown/blonde pale girl who really doesn't care about it.

Underarms however need defuzzing-that's just nasty otherwise especially after sweating it out! hair clumping due to moisture=*shiver*
(edited 12 years ago)
Why would anyone care about arm hair? I've never seen anyone without it and it doesn't look bad at all. It seems to be the exemption in the war against female body hair.
I voted yes to shaving my arms but in fact I epilate them. It doesn't need doing anything like as often and you get the tiniest hairs, almost invisible, coming back, rather than stubble. I've never understood why attractive girls who take care of their appearance in all other ways and would never consider having hair on any other part of their bodies tolerate it on their arms.
Reply 168
Only when wearing a top that shows my arms. Otherwise no.Ps I have more hair than you on my arms, yours isn't bad.
I think it's pretty silly when people shave their arm hair, unless they have really dark, noticable hair. It does grow back stubbly and doesn't feel nice. It'd be pretty horrible to hug a guy in bed when all he can feel is your stubble scratching against him. Also it's unneccessary, people have hair all over their bodies. Some of it's darker and I do understand shaving leg, armpit and pubic hair but shaving elsewhere is a bit OTT.
Reply 170
Epilators are good, because the more you use it, the less you need to use it. The hairs gradually get finer. I use an epilator on my legs and arms.
Original post by Emma-21
Epilators are good, because the more you use it, the less you need to use it. The hairs gradually get finer. I use an epilator on my legs and arms.

See my hairs far to fine for this, even on my legs it just breaks them off rather than pulling them out at the roots... I use it under my arms and bikini line though and yeah it is really good.
Reply 172
Original post by redferry
See my hairs far to fine for this, even on my legs it just breaks them off rather than pulling them out at the roots... I use it under my arms and bikini line though and yeah it is really good.

Does it really hurt using on you armpits? I'm too much of a coward to try it, and I've had the epilator since christmas. lol
Original post by Emma-21
Does it really hurt using on you armpits? I'm too much of a coward to try it, and I've had the epilator since christmas. lol

It hurts so bad the first time!! but once you get past that if you keep it up regularly it barely hurts at all :smile: soooo much easier and better than shaving!!
Reply 174
Original post by redferry
It hurts so bad the first time!! but once you get past that if you keep it up regularly it barely hurts at all :smile: soooo much easier and better than shaving!!

Lol, OK thanks. I'll definitely try it.
What is the need of shaving your arms seriously girls?? As a guy I would understand shaving arm-pits or downstairs for *cough* Sexytime. But arm...seriously?? :lolwut:
Reply 176
I don't shave my arms, just my underarms and legs x
I have never shaved my arms, I have dark blonde hair though so the small amount of hair on my arms is even lighter and pretty much blends with my skin.

I'd say only do it if it's bothering your self esteem and bringing you down etc. Don't do it for anyone other than yourself, you could irritate your skin by doing it anyway. :smile:
As long as her arms aren't like a gorillas I don't mind a bit of hair. Don't like hairy legs though.
I'm a girl and no I don't shave my arms, the thought of stubbly arms makes me shudder lol

Latest

Trending

Trending