Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unpopular Film Opinions

Announcements Posted on
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    also, say what you want about his personal life and whatever but I think Brad Pitt is a brilliant actor. He is certainly one of the best character actors going.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Notebook is s***.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Hangover is nowhere near as funny, or as brilliant as everyone made it out to be. Seriously, my mates went to see it but I didn't bother going for whatever reason. Around last year I watched it on DVD, expecting some revolutionary comedy. I had a few chuckles. Apart from that, very mediocre movie.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I strongly dislike Dirty Dancing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Zen)
    The Hangover is nowhere near as funny, or as brilliant as everyone made it out to be. Seriously, my mates went to see it but I didn't bother going for whatever reason. Around last year I watched it on DVD, expecting some revolutionary comedy. I had a few chuckles. Apart from that, very mediocre movie.
    Haha, the same thing happened to me but with avengers, they big it up so much that they get your expectations sky high, and when you end up watching it, it ends up being ridiculously overrated and a lot worse than you imagined.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I found Lord of the Rings really boring.
    Didn't watch the sequels.
    I'm going to a party next week with a lord of the rings theme and will have to pretend to get all the jokes and references
    And i've been told to dress up as galadriel!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Slightly unrelated, but I saw someone had posted about TDK above and it got me thinking; do you think Heath Ledger's performance was somewhat similar to Andy Robinson's performance as Scorpio in Dirty Harry?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Zen)
    This is so true. I laughed at the surprises the first time I watched it, but it was soooo boring the second time through - I knew all the jokes!

I like the Phantom Menace :ninjagirl: (Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith can GTFO though..)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Probably my most unpopular opinion is that Battle Royale is a terrible film. Other than a great performance by Takeshi Kitano, it doesn't have much going for it. The majority of the cast give hysterically bad performances (perhaps deliberately? didn't work for me anyway) and the film haphazardly comes up with a nonsensical backstory to try and justify the violent plot.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think all Martin Scorsese films are essentially the same film and I find them terribly dull. I stopped watching Raging Bull halfway through because it was do boring and annoying.

And I agree Avatar was really rubbish, but I only know one person who liked it so I don't think that's such an unpopular opinion.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    American Pie was rubbish.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Jim Carey is one of the most over-rated actors ever. I just don't get his appeal.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

Snow White and the Huntsman was flawed beyond belief.

I really disliked 7 Pounds.
    It was WAAAY flawed, to the extent that it was ludicrous.

And, I have 0 hopes for The Great Gatsby remake releasing this summer. Got quite a bit of hate when I voiced that on another thread.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WillowLeaves)
    I think all Martin Scorsese films are essentially the same film and I find them terribly dull. I stopped watching Raging Bull halfway through because it was do boring and annoying.
    Yeah but Goodfellas is one of the best films ever made.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate Vertigo directed by Hitchcock. I adore most of his other films. He didn't like the film either interestingly!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock.and.rose)

Jim Carey is one of the most over-rated actors ever. I just don't get his appeal.
    I totally agree, more so with the Jim Carey statement, maybe it's just me but I don't get his humour at all.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Didn't like Insidious

I hate horror movies , mainly cause i get creeped out easily, and don't usually watch them but was forced to watch Insidious by my best friends, but when i watched it i didn't find it as scary/good as everyone was making it out to be
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    V for Vendetta is one of the most awful films of all time.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mad Max is the worst film series ever made. I'd pay to have it erased from history.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Prometheus is the best sci-fi film in recent memory.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 18, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.