Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you love your parents?

Announcements Posted on
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps too much. I never say no (providing I see the logic in their point and agree - which is almost all the time) and always take on everything they say. I used to be the opposite a few years ago, but as I get older I realise whatever they say is for my best interest. They've done more for me than most other parents have done for their child, and I'd hate to be non-appreciative, oblivious or ignorant about that fact. Almost everything I do or aim to do is to make them happy, proud and give them the ease and peace in this life that they deserve.
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I feel the exact same, I often act very different around my parents, I'm quiet anyway but more so when around them. I've also imagined their death and not felt anything...I get on with my parents, it's not like I've been mistreated or anything. I just don't care much for them but I guess that goes for most people, I can not talk to friends for ages and it won't bother me. I don't seem to get attached to anyone. I've had long relationships, broke up and carried on like normal :/ not sure how I'd find someone to spend my life with...
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I feel the exact same, I often act very different around my parents, I'm quiet anyway but more so when around them. I've also imagined their death and not felt anything...I get on with my parents, it's not like I've been mistreated or anything. I just don't care much for them but I guess that goes for most people, I can not talk to friends for ages and it won't bother me. I don't seem to get attached to anyone. I've had long relationships, broke up and carried on like normal :/ not sure how I'd find someone to spend my life with...
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I tell my parents i love them everyday multiple times!
    My dad tells me loves me too while my mom doesn't. Its a joke between me and her. I hug them everyday. I like hugs and telling them i love them is a habit. I hug my dad a lot and give my mom bear hugs. Hugs feel so good but i do not like receiving from strangers.
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    No. I haven't had the luxury of nice, supportive parents.
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    My parents hug me and my dad has got emotional and said how proud he is of me and that he loves me. I just don't respond, I don't feel bad about it either, more awkward.
    I also don't feel guilt and often see emotions as unimportant, maybe I'm too logical and thought processed about things. I don't tell people I know about this, instead I'm seen as a "happy go lucky" kind of guy.
    These are traits of a sociopath, along with my definite narcissistic view. However I can be reliable which is not a sociopath trait.
    I can easily lie about things and have done without anyone being the wiser as it comes natural and I don't even know why.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR

How to predict exam questions

No crystal ball required

Poll
How will you be voting in the EU referendum?
Useful resources
Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.