The Student Room Group

Do you love your parents?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
I feel the exact same, I often act very different around my parents, I'm quiet anyway but more so when around them. I've also imagined their death and not felt anything...I get on with my parents, it's not like I've been mistreated or anything. I just don't care much for them but I guess that goes for most people, I can not talk to friends for ages and it won't bother me. I don't seem to get attached to anyone. I've had long relationships, broke up and carried on like normal :/ not sure how I'd find someone to spend my life with...
Reply 161
I feel the exact same, I often act very different around my parents, I'm quiet anyway but more so when around them. I've also imagined their death and not felt anything...I get on with my parents, it's not like I've been mistreated or anything. I just don't care much for them but I guess that goes for most people, I can not talk to friends for ages and it won't bother me. I don't seem to get attached to anyone. I've had long relationships, broke up and carried on like normal :/ not sure how I'd find someone to spend my life with...
Yes. I tell my parents i love them everyday multiple times!
My dad tells me loves me too while my mom doesn't. Its a joke between me and her. I hug them everyday. I like hugs and telling them i love them is a habit. I hug my dad a lot and give my mom bear hugs. Hugs feel so good but i do not like receiving from strangers.
(edited 8 years ago)
No. I haven't had the luxury of nice, supportive parents.
Reply 164
My parents hug me and my dad has got emotional and said how proud he is of me and that he loves me. I just don't respond, I don't feel bad about it either, more awkward.
I also don't feel guilt and often see emotions as unimportant, maybe I'm too logical and thought processed about things. I don't tell people I know about this, instead I'm seen as a "happy go lucky" kind of guy.
These are traits of a sociopath, along with my definite narcissistic view. However I can be reliable which is not a sociopath trait.
I can easily lie about things and have done without anyone being the wiser as it comes natural and I don't even know why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending