The Student Room Group
Reply 1
burned_out_58 I would recommend just keeping it simple and researching something like Special Theory of Relativity, maybe General Theory as well but if I remember correctly there is a 2000 word upper-limit.

Personally I found both theories quite intriguing at the time so decided to do some more research into them. I can recommend Big Bang by Simon Singh as a good starting point. It has the whole history of Galilean Relativity included as well.

Good luck.
Reply 2
I have to do this very soon too. Thanks for those tips SunGod87. Special Theory sounds like an alright one to do. I think the word limit is 4000 words though.

Anyone else got any suggestions?
Reply 3
SunGod87
burned_out_58 I would recommend just keeping it simple and researching something like Special Theory of Relativity, maybe General Theory as well but if I remember correctly there is a 2000 word upper-limit.

Personally I found both theories quite intriguing at the time so decided to do some more research into them. I can recommend Big Bang by Simon Singh as a good starting point. It has the whole history of Galilean Relativity included as well.

Good luck.

Yea I thought about doing Relativity, but at the same time it doesn't interest me so much. However I got into the idea of GPS satellites and Renewable Energy Resources like Wind Turbines and I'll more than likely choose one of the other!

Thanks for the help anyway :smile:
I'm doing that research coursework at the moment. Decided to look at things like heat efficiency and costs (ways to reduce with alternative methods, natural ventilation etc), sustainable buildings and maybe fluid and thermodynamics. Anyone got any tips, interesting areas I could look at e.g. architecture, theories or not too heavy books to read?

Thanks

Latest