Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you tell her? Friend thinks that the hair on her legs isn't noticeable

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends doesn't shave her legs and never has as she thinks that the hair on them isn't noticeable. But it is, it's really noticeable. It's light brown and while sparse pretty long. While I feel it's her choice not to shave, the only reason she doesn't shave is that she doesn't think it's noticeable. So should I let her stay under that false assumption or tell her? I would hate for someone she didn't know as well to mention it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Obviously...that's what friends are there for. Don't be so spiteful. o.O
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. I once told my friend she had a eyelash on her cheek, only for her to investigate and find out it was actually a thick, dark hair that keeps on regrowing. This one hair - something she previously didn't notice or care about - is ruining her life now, I see her constantly rubbing her cheek where it is to see if it's grown back since the last time she pulled it out or if it's long enough to get a hold of...

Let her stay happy.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    No. I once told my friend she had a eyelash on her cheek, only for her to investigate and find out it was actually a thick, dark hair that keeps on regrowing. This one hair - something she previously didn't notice or care about - is ruining her life now, I see her constantly rubbing her cheek where it is to see if it's grown back since the last time she pulled it out or if it's long enough to get a hold of...

Let her stay happy.
    Ignorance is bliss? :erm:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Let her stay happy.
    Thanks, that was what I was worried would happen if I told my friend.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leave her be.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quick-use)
    Ignorance is bliss? :erm:
    yes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think you shouldn't tell her. Imagine is she's mad at you for it, its not worth it. If its really bad, she should be able to see herself...if not...too bad.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

Let her stay happy.
    Ah I had the same situation with a friend; in a way I think that's what friends are there for. It was horrible pointing it out, but I decided that if I saw it, others would too, and that 'other' person could be someone she's really interested in or someone that would bitch about it.. so whilst she was happier before she knew, if there's a chance it could be pointed out by someone worse, I think it's just best to say. Though is hair on legs that much of a problem? Some girls just choose not to remove it and they're happy...

Oh the effort that goes into being a woman..
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    I would say...don't tell her :o: She has eyes. If she thought her leg hair was really bad she'd shave it. Maybe be subtle? Like next time she mentions it not being noticeable, put your leg next to hers and assess them both saying something like 'well obviously more noticeable than a shaved leg but still not too bad! Mine are awful when unshaved - you're so lucky!'. Etc. I think she knows what it looks like but doesn't think it's that bad and if you tell her she might just get upset for no reason.
    Yeah, because giving her that very clearly barbed 'compliment' is not going to make her feel like **** at all. :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    tell her, she's going to have to find out the hard way eventually
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaBelleEtLeBete)
    One of my friends doesn't shave her legs and never has as she thinks that the hair on them isn't noticeable. But it is, it's really noticeable. It's light brown and while sparse pretty long. While I feel it's her choice not to shave, the only reason she doesn't shave is that she doesn't think it's noticeable. So should I let her stay under that false assumption or tell her? I would hate for someone she didn't know as well to mention it.
    tell her, she's going to have to find out the hard way eventually
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For me, the point of a friend is someone who can tell you stuff that other people couldn't....I'd much rather my friends told me in this situation than they didn't and then people laughed at me about it behind my back......
    • 8 followers

ask yourself if you'd wanna be told, if that were u.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah1345)
    Obviously...that's what friends are there for. Don't be so spiteful. o.O
    I don't see how the original poster was being spiteful at all. If anything, she was being the complete opposite of spiteful. It's hard to say things that may hurt your friend, but honestly, things like not knowing things about how people percieve your personal hygiene, can really affect you later.

As for advice, I have no idea. I'm trying to think of what I would do, but I can imagine it'd hurt to have your friend tell you that no, your leg hair is not managable. On the other hand...I'd be even more mortified if my crush thought that my leg hair was too long.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would be ragin if my friends never told me about something like that. But I do see where the problem lies. If she's your best friend I would definitely tell her, but if she's more of an acquaintance then it's somebody else's problem.
    It is quite a big issue though... I would just hate to think that people were making fun of my best friend when there was something I could have done to stop it, you know?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    .... Just wait until she is asleep and then cover her with Veet.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    just tell her. its something that can easily be rectified. its not like it's a permanent ailment like chronic bad breath. all you need is a razor to cure this. maybe say in a jokingly way "wooh looks like someone hasnt shaved in a while" or something..

but also i feel like if it doesnt bother her, then why do you care that she doesnt shave? its not personally affecting your life. just dont look at her legs. jeez!

(Original post by LaBelleEtLeBete)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes tell her, its better then when some guy mentions it to her.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leave it alone. Don't tell her :no:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 5, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.