Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is anyone actually happy or is it just an illusion.......?

Announcements Posted on

(Original post by Freier._.lance)
    Tbh, with what you said earlier on happiness being an illusion,yes you're right it is an illusion, but just as much as unhappiness is. So it's always better to do what it takes to make yourself feel good. Though that is different to people actually putting on a front of seeming happy. Imho, the significance you put on your nose, is an illusion too. Understandably the things you've experienced have amplified your feeling that the nose you have is the source of all your problems, but it isn't. The girl below says something which is absolutely right, and that is people only start accepting themselves fully, when they reach mid 30's to 40, and they regret the lack of confidence they had when they were younger (your age right now). If your nose is the only part of your body that you have a problem with, count yourself lucky. One thing to note is, other people do not see you in the same way you see yourself in the mirror, a lot of a persons appearance is actually their character, so your unhappiness now and your projecting of it onto other people is only going to make things worse.

^^Excellent advice.
    good post, much appreciated. I think you're right, I think the perputual self-consciousness stems from my keloid scars, which I have on my shoudlers and chest. I think this has basically eroded my self confidence and yes I dont like my nose either but I think the scars have been the biggest annoyance. I think basically I over analyse my appearance too much like I have just started to recede a little and my sister says she doesn't see it but I do and it has receded but Im pretty sure I have BDD. But I guess the reason for this is I see all the girls to flock to my friend who is a decent looking man and it makes my blame my imperfections for it, things I have no self control over. I wouldnt say I appear really insecure around girls, I just prob seem normal but perhaps I do seem self-couscious to them?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 23, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.