Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best most delicious houmous ever?

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessticles)
    God, I love houmous. It's such an amazing snack (and incredibly great as a substitute for mayo on wraps or whatever). I'm aware it's quite high in fat, but as long as you don't eat too much of it - and to be honest, I really don't care when it tastes this good. My god I see the end of that tub way too quickly.

Best most delicious houmous you've tried?

There's a really good red pepper one in Tesco (own brand, I think), and there was a really good lemon and coriander Sainsburies one I had. I usually like ones with added things in there.

I usually eat mine with doritos or carrot sticks. It's really good with carrots, actually.

How do you eat yours?!
    If you have a food processor you can make it in 3 min and know exactly what is in it. It is not high in fat; it depends on how much tahini you use though I guess. But if you make it yourself you can use good quality olive oil, fresh lemon and garlic and it tastes sooo much better. You can also add all the peppers, etc that you like..just make it to taste. But so fast and so cheap in comparison to store bought.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well boring I know, but I like the reduced fat one, all the others seem too creamy to me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love houmous! I eat it with anything.
    I like morrisons own and somewhere think its tesco extra lemon one.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    piri piri or Sainsbury's Moroccan style. blargharghargh it's so delicious, i want some now
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    You need to go to Israel or Lebanon for the best hummus (but not both, you can't do that). If you're settling on the British tat then Sainsbury's is your best bet.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking for a tasty low fat plain houmous Asda do a really nice one

I eat far too much houmous!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJ)
    If you're looking for a tasty low fat plain houmous Asda do a really nice one

I eat far too much houmous!
    This is useful - I was outraged when I checked Nando's nutritional stats and discovered that one scoop of their peri-peri hummus has 800+ calories in it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mum's hummus :love:

Funny how hummus has exploded. 5 years ago, no one had heard of it.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeh_jeh)
    This is useful - I was outraged when I checked Nando's nutritional stats and discovered that one scoop of their peri-peri hummus has 800+ calories in it!
    Wow, 800 calories? That's pretty insane. It's a good job I don't like peri peri!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJ)
    Wow, 800 calories? That's pretty insane. It's a good job I don't like peri peri!
    I KNOW. I thought I was being pretty healthy by sharing a serve of peri-peri hummus with my boyfriend and then having chicken and salad at Nando's, but clearly not!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 30, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.