Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

If you could intergrate with any other country..

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notethis)
    Because they're living off British taxpayer money?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8553979.stm
    If a British bank went bust should British taxpayers pay for their mistakes? No of course not so why should the Icelandic people do the same?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    USA because of their decent wages, low taxes and nice big houses.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I can accept most American spelling differences (usually they either simplify the spelling or make sense with an American accent), but I really don't get the month/day/year date thing. Why arrange it in such a jumbled up order? Here we go in order of shortest to longest. Going year/month/day would also make sense and actually would then be consistent with how we represent time of day. But why go middle/shortest/longest? I can't see any logical reason for it. Is it because the month you're in is considered more important than the day?
    I understand it it was devised to make filing easier
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Germany.

The other alternatives like the Netherlands or one of the nordic nations are too small. An Anglo-German alliance could dominate the next 50 years, if not 100.

It would also represent healing the main cultural division in the Germanic world between the English and the Germans, the two largest populations. Many areas in China have less in common with each other then England and Germany. It would also have a hugely positive effect on the UKs society and politics.

I'm just a little bit horrorfied by all the people saying the USA. They are more different to us then the Europeans are...it is a completely different way of viewing the world.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Japan... So far ahead of us in so many ways... I'd love to be able to live there....
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ everyone thinking the US is so similar to the UK.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Azerbaijan
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    South Africa (if the crime rate was a little lower)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Canada is not similar to the UK. Sorry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Uzbekistan
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't really say I would want to but if I had to it would be Germany. Love the culture and Germany is a beautiful country. Not to mention the sheer historical significance. And They have the Nurburgring :ninja:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lambert1)
    USA because of their decent wages, low taxes and nice big houses.
    Biggest reason why I love this country. Housing is cheap, taxes are low (relatively, until you make over $120k) and our wages up to a point are fair. However if you are entry level you are pretty much a peon. You are paid **** and usually looked at as disposable

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 25, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.