Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why Islam is seen as the chosen religion of God

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ideas4life)
    Mischief makers you say? Heres what Islam says about mischief makers and those who reject your idea of "islamic peace"

Meaning of verse:

http://www.theholybook.org/content/view/6968/2/

http://www.theholybook.org/content/view/6333/2/

Hence all disbelievers are "mischief makers", for being infidels according to Islamic teachings. All the above are explaination of Quran verses by Ibn Kathir (a famous muffasirun), based on evidence from hadith/quotes of Muhammad)
    Please get some sense and use a decent website for arguments, these wikileaks ones fail too much, that site is utterly rubbish and bias like hell.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'll agree that the qu'ran was much better written than the bible but even then, there are so many evil & disgraceful verses in the qu'ran, even if this allah dude knocked on my front door to prove to me he existed, I would tell him I am not worshipping a ****tard like him.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Study)
    Please get some sense and use a decent website for arguments, these wikileaks ones fail too much, that site is utterly rubbish and bias like hell.
    Aren't all religious sites biased?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh.Dude)
    Aren't all religious sites biased?
    its not a religious sites, wikiislam can edited by anyone aslong as they post something bad about islam even if its false.
    Its a site made to just basically "bash" islam, but fails badly.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrotherhoodForever)
    Before I elaborate on the question, lets get this out of the way.
    This question surely must have appeared in the minds of many.... WHY ARE MANY TERRORIST ATTACKS PLANNED/CARRIED OUT BY MUSLIMS?

Now you must think, Oh, even if most Muslims don't carry out these attacks there must be an underlying reason WHY some Muslims are pushed into extremism.

1: In all English/predominantly Christian schools, children are asked to read hymns. Okay. But what gets to most Muslims including myself, is that practically all hymns are related to Jesus.
    Now I understand many people do not understand the role Jesus plays in Islam, so let me just get this straight to you: JESUS IS A PROPHET OF ISLAM. HE IS NOT "THE SON OF GOD" he is NOT "GOD COMING DOWN IN HUMAN FORM" HE IS THE MESSENGER OF GOD.
    All Christianity harps on about is how Jesus is their "saviour" and how his sacrifice has somehow erased the sins of exclusively Christians, regardless of what actions have been committed i.e. Priests :hubba: and all of that.....
    Does anyone in their right mind think that God would send his own supposed son down to get crucified? Make him endure a terrible pain to forgive the sins of people who do not deserve it?
    And to those who believe God IS Jesus (even worse) why would the King of all Kings who created all things and has power in which we cannot comprehend would get CRUCIFIED BY HIS OWN CREATION?!?!?!?! WTF is all I can say....

2: This has been in the news a lot lately, "Gays should be able to get married blah blah...."...WTF again....Why would gays (I'm not homophobic) WANT to get married because isn't marriage a RELIGIOUS ceremony and ISN'T Christianity MEANT to be against it?
    Yes, is the simple answer. The fact some Christian denominations (Not all) have endorsed it AND gay bishops etc. is absolutely ludicrous.
    Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

Why would God say this and then decide...Nahh, I'll change my mind...it sounds so stupid. If Christians follow their religion properly they should know that God is the Supreme Power and our creator and surely the creator of the seven heavens and the universe should know the future? Apparently not according to some Christians.
    Homosexuality is clearly condemned by the Bible. It goes against the created order of God who created Adam, a man, and then made Eve, a woman. This is what God has ordained as the normal means by which we carry out his command to fill the earth (Gen. 1:28). What God has set up is what is right -- not what sinful man sets up.

However, unlike other sins, homosexuality has a severe judgment administered by God Himself. This judgment is simple: they are given over to their passions. That means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins (Romans 1:24). As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing, and then they go and promote it and condemn others who don't participate in their sin. So, without an awareness of their sinfulness, there will be no repentance and trusting in Jesus. Without Jesus, they will have no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, there is no salvation. Without salvation, there is only damnation in eternal hell.
    The fact that Christian leaders are going AGAINST God's words show their is some problems within the core of the religion.
    Islam is a perfect religion which provides solution to every problem and answer to every question. As the word 'Islam' means 'peace', it is effectively the religion of every human who likes peace. Peace within a human being, peace of mind, peace at home, peace in the society, and peace in the world. In other words Islam is a way of achieving peace by submitting to the Will of God.

Peace loving people welcomed and accepted Islam throughout the ages since the birth of Adam (peace be upon him). The modern laws of Islam were revealed from God (Allah) to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) by Angel Gabriel some 1420 years ago. People who like peace, equality, and honesty in the society always welcome Islam. The only people reject this message of peace from their Creator are the wrong-doers and mischief makers.

Today, more than one billion people around the globe practice Islam, not only as their religion, but also their way of life. One-fifth of the world population from all races, every origin and nationalities regardless of their athnicity, culture or language follow Islamic teachings. In America, an estimated 130,000 people are converting to Islam every year.

Blessed are those who accept Islam and become the folowers of a natural way of life. Allah's has given human beings will-power and ability to think and differeciate between wrong and right, and His message is very clear about it: "This is the path of your Lord, a straight way. Indeed, We have detailed our Revelations for the people who think. For them is abode of peace with their Lord; He will be their protecting friend because of their good deeds." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah 6:126-127]

I ain't Muslim nor I do support Christianity. I can see this thread as a response to the many "anti-Islamic" threads there, though you haven't directly indicated it. Also, this is not a place to convert people of other religions or Atheists into Islam.

Referring to your first numbered point, "Would god send his own son?": Why do people call god, a god? For people who believe in god, it is because god is "exceptional" and he has got very good qualities. So, for a person who believe in god, it is very much normal for him to believe that god can send his own son.

Also, the fact that many people are converting to Islam does not make it a reason for a person who is not Muslim to convert to Islam.If there have been people who have converted this way, we should question the many Islam followers in the world. Have they really understood this religion or are they really following a trend?

A religion is not there for people to worship when they near the exams or when they fear death. A religion should be properly understood and its contents should appear logical and appealing to the reasoning of a person, before he converts to that religion.

It can be very "Irritating" for true followers of certain religions when another religion classes its leaders as its prophets.

I respect the god of Islam and every other religion and no offence in any way to any follower of any religion. Cheers
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    The Qu'ran, consistent? What, "kill the Kaffir" but "don't kill "? "Show charity", but "disassociate yourself from the Kaffir"? I'm sorry, but the Qu'ran is not consistent and pretty hard to understand considering how many conflicts there are in the book - it's a pretty badly written, easily misunderstood and dated book. How anybody can say that some of the ideas in there are literally still applicable today is totally beyond me.
    Do you think the Bible is consistent?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    Do you think the Bible is consistent?
    No - I never said it was, but it is generally more consistent than the Qu'ran.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mevidek)
    No - I never said it was, but it is generally more consistent than the Qu'ran.
    I think, while it is possible, making objective claims as to comparative consistency of the Qur'an and the Bible is very difficult. My own gut feeling from reading both, is that the Qur'an is relatively more consistent compared to the Bible as a whole (Old and New Testament). But both are inconsistent in the absolute sense.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find this and all pro-Muslim threads incredibly Humanophobic.

There, now that I've created a word that makes it seem like an irrational hate crime to say what you say, I have the moral high ground.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rat_Bag)
    I think, while it is possible, making objective claims as to comparative consistency of the Qur'an and the Bible is very difficult. My own gut feeling from reading both, is that the Qur'an is relatively more consistent compared to the Bible as a whole (Old and New Testament). But both are inconsistent in the absolute sense.
    Ahh, but the Qu'ran is easier to misunderstand, which explains why the conservative Muslims are so aggressive (I'm not defending conservative Christians either). I don't quite agree with you on that one either actually.
Updated: February 22, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.