Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is being anti-Islamic/Islamophobic a good thing or bad thing

Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shimamura)
    Just out of interest, why do believe in God? I mean do you seriously believe in a being for whom there is no evidence, no sign, no proof, no coherence and no activity despite being omnipresent and omnipotent? I suppose I mean, what makes you believe something you have no reason to? Why believe in God more than a flying pink elephant that only I can see? What proof outweighs every form of rational proof to which we have access? I ask because you seem to be interested in the same sort of thing I like ie anime. How do you square such creativity with religious irrationality and dogma?
    We believe in God because we know that there is a purpose to our lives and the fact that we weren't just here by chance. We were created. Science has proven that the earth wasn't always here.

Just as everything here on earth has a creator, isn't it just logic that we must also have a Creator? If you look at how perfectly balanced and in synchronisation nature is, how can you say that there is no design? That there is no creator overlooking it all?

We see that we have everything in this life to live and to thrive. Everything has been provided for. Is there anything on this earth that we do not have? We have everything already here for us. Moreover what happens when we die? Is that it? So our lives are meaningless? So we might as well just do anything?

Then all through the ages there have been communities and Prophets who have come calling men to believe and worship One God. This is throughout the entire history of mankind. Why if there is no God do these people appear and bring forth books which teach us the way of life? Why are they all similar in teachings? Why do these people always get persecuted originally but in the end succeed and spread all over the world? Why if there is no God do religious communities succeed in the face of overwhelming opposition?

You say there is no activity. Do you not look outside your window? The sun and moon, how they never cease to operate in tandem. How everything is working together as one to provide for us. No sign? Why do so many billions of people all over the world believe and have believed since the beginning of time in a God?

Even many scientists including Einstein concluded that the way the earth and nature functions, there must be a God, a Creator who has made all this.

How can you not believe?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, every single person on this thread that in some way dislikes Islam knocks me sick, and it actually turns my stomach to see that propaganda and media have been able to manipulate our young generation like those people.

And for those who have already made up their mind about the religion, have most probably been indoctrinated or gone into it with a negative perception and just taken every verse in the wrong way.
    And can I just say for everyone quoting anythinggg that is not in the Quran, then that in its self is invalid evidence. Muslims follow the Quran and nothing else.
    And I can promiseee you not one violent word nor negative connotations can be derived from it. After all the word Islam actually means "peace".
    I think it's abserrloutly vile the way some people can miss-judge such a beautiful religion, and even more sickening when you see extremists - actually I wouldn't even call them that, there not Muslims at all, that go out and do terrible things in the name of Allah. But it's funny how the media is able to target these groups and create a world of propaganda and say it's how a Muslim lives.
    Israel committed and still till this day commits war crimes in this world bombing orphanages with chemical bombs, do we know about this? No. Even if we did, would you then go think every Jew was like that? I should hope not.
    Christianity itself has several flaws. You make such strong bitter judgement on the basis of non-quranic wish-washy quotes, yet a religion whose book of worship explicitly states to kill your children (stone them to be precise) if they do not follow the religion. Ha, you must be all thinking what?! No way, that's such a lie. But you see, you never knew of that because the media hasn't made a big deal out of it.

It abserloutly scares me rotten, to think there is such a fear against Muslims in this world. Trust me if you were more clued up and really knew what went on in this world, Muslims would be last on your list. I fear the USA more than anything.
    And are we all forgetting that the exact same thing happens with the Jews in Germany. It's just the propaganda now is so much more advanced and subliminal.

And finally, coz this is starting to bore me, the amount of killing or damage these extremist groups have done, is no comparison to the amount of death and destruction this country has caused along with the USA. Why don't we think that? Coz we have no clue about 99% of what this country does, how any one can be ok with that and worry themselves or have a "phobia" of Islam is beyond me and funny :')
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)
    We believe in God because we know that there is a purpose to our lives and the fact that we weren't just here by chance. We were created. Science has proven that the earth wasn't always here.

Just as everything here on earth has a creator, isn't it just logic that we must also have a Creator? If you look at how perfectly balanced and in synchronisation nature is, how can you say that there is no design? That there is no creator overlooking it all?

We see that we have everything in this life to live and to thrive. Everything has been provided for. Is there anything on this earth that we do not have? We have everything already here for us. Moreover what happens when we die? Is that it? So our lives are meaningless? So we might as well just do anything?

Then all through the ages there have been communities and Prophets who have come calling men to believe and worship One God. This is throughout the entire history of mankind. Why if there is no God do these people appear and bring forth books which teach us the way of life? Why are they all similar in teachings? Why do these people always get persecuted originally but in the end succeed and spread all over the world? Why if there is no God do religious communities succeed in the face of overwhelming opposition?

You say there is no activity. Do you not look outside your window? The sun and moon, how they never cease to operate in tandem. How everything is working together as one to provide for us. No sign? Why do so many billions of people all over the world believe and have believed since the beginning of time in a God?

Even many scientists including Einstein concluded that the way the earth and nature functions, there must be a God, a Creator who has made all this.

How can you not believe?

What a load of crappy crap crap!

And by the way, Einstein did not believe in a personal deity.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gone off topic long ago. Closed.
Updated: February 23, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.