The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lucyvet2006
WELL I rang up again today, today being the end of "this week" the week in which "The Meeting About The Waiting List" was to be held. Turns out they're holding the meeting this afternoon. They will let people know on Monday so I need to ring up again on Monday :eek: Maybe the meeting was this afternoon and has already been held! Maybe the man I talked to on the phone already knew whether I'm in or not!

omg i HATE it when they do that!
after i submitted my application to UCAS last year glasgow emailed me sometime in november or so and they told me they'd be considering my application the following tuesday and i spent the whole day that day being nervous and jittery and whatnot.
GOOD LUCK!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 21
Oh my god. Are you spewing up yet?
You could cut the tension in here with a knife.
Never mind Coronation Street. This is real drama!
Reply 22
I no lol, i'll be so nervous for you on Monday!!! Actually I am now lol! Make sure you let us now toes n fingers crossed :biggrin: goood luck!!!
Reply 23
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :party: :bootyshak :bootyshak :bootyshak
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY again!

Rang up again on Friday about 4, I was told they were having a meeting that afternoon (by the man who I THINK was the one who didn't seem to like me much in my interview!) and they would let people know on Monday. Then he rang back about 4:45 saying I have a place! I think he must already have known when I phoned the first time the cheeky ...:p:

MAN I'm so excited- n its AAB in any order so there's no way I'm going to allow myself to not get the grades!

COOOOOOL thanks for all your support and finger-crossing guys, it worked- I'm going to be a haggis-eating, bagpipe-playing, kilt-wearing VET! (Yep I know Edinburgh is full of English people :p: )

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 24
WELL DONEEEEEEEEE!!!
Thats sooooooooo good! Well done again hehe:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 25
Congrats!!!!!! I've a good mind to go out and celebrate for you lol (any excuse :p: )!!!! Well done i'm sooo pleased for ya, awww i actually am lol :biggrin: !!!! One less Lucy at Liverpool :frown: , there'll be none in a bit :eek: !! But again WOOOO congrats :beer: :bumps:
Reply 26
yay well done :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: really happy for you!!!
Reply 27
nina_100
Congrats!!!!!! I've a good mind to go out and celebrate for you lol (any excuse :p: )!!!! Well done i'm sooo pleased for ya, awww i actually am lol :biggrin: !!!! One less Lucy at Liverpool :frown: , there'll be none in a bit :eek: !! But again WOOOO congrats :beer: :bumps:

Oiiiiii!!!! There is no way this Lucy isnt coming to Liverpool unless i dont get the grades:eek: , dont jinx me lol:p:
Ahhh well all the Lucys can unite on AVS!:biggrin:
Reply 28
xxxLucyxxx
Oiiiiii!!!! There is no way this Lucy isnt coming to Liverpool unless i dont get the grades:eek: , dont jinx me lol:p:
Ahhh well all the Lucys can unite on AVS!:biggrin:

Good good you'd better not dessert (desert?) me!!!!!
Reply 29
Wow good job!! Congrats with your placement.:biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 30
Well done dear! That's amazing!!!!

Hope you had a right little celebratory party!

nina_100
but she can't wait until August before she accepts the offer from Liverpool so surely she's legally bound to accept the offer if she gets the grades, and if she doesn't there would be no point edinborough accepting her.

Suppose you could just go for it Lucy- refuse liverpools offer (nooooooooooooooooooooooo) and then in August ring up and say 'look, I threw away all my other offers for you LET ME IN!' but its a big risk and easy for me to say sitting here! Come to Liverpooool :biggrin:

I didn't mean say no to liverpool. What happened with my friend last year was he got into edinburgh, and not for glasgow. He accepted edinburghs and stayed on the list, but when august came, he was told he had a place there. He thought he was legally obligated to go too, but the lady in glasgow told him to ask edinburgh to "release him", as they couldn't 'make' him go, and he would go to glasgow. And he did. And he is now at glasgow.

I'm sorry if you got the wrong idea, I didn't mean to spoil the chances of getting into a great vet school just for the "if" of getting into another. That's just silliness.

But anyway, it doesn't matter now!

So happy for you!
Reply 31
That's absolutely fantastic news. I can imagine how excited you must feel! Well done.

Latest

Trending

Trending