Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its a unique concept, but surely the idea of advertising is 'get the product out there' - effectively show it off. With your website, why would they pay for a 'dot'; when the consumers have no idea where it leads. Advertising has historically worked best when it has been targeted towards a specific audience.

I hope I'm not being overtly critical. :rolleyes:

You could always try, posting links to it onto other forums, just like you're doing here.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    set a building on fire. Act like you're just a witness. Get interviewed by the media. Tell them the name of your website. There, advertising.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    This has already been done http://milliondollarhomepage.com/. Also, you need a page wrap/container so it centers your website to the middle of a browser window.

Lastly, how is this really any different in concept to that of stumbleupon?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by et cetera)
    Its a unique concept, but surely the idea of advertising is 'get the product out there' - effectively show it off. With your website, why would they pay for a 'dot'; when the consumers have no idea where it leads. Advertising has historically worked best when it has been targeted towards a specific audience.

I hope I'm not being overtly critical. :rolleyes:

You could always try, posting links to it onto other forums, just like you're doing here.
    Well, I thought it would be fun for the viewers. Just click a dot and see where you end up. It also eliminates any kind of "discrimination", because the viewers don't know what they're clicking on so that eliminates the stress of making an appealing logo etc.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go to Amazon and look up books on website/internet marketing, buy them and read them. I'm serious.

You can read reviews before you buy to make sure that the books are not a complete waste of time.

I do it all the time for whenever I need to learn anything new. I did some cold calling in work recently so I typed cold calling in to Amazon, bought a book on it, and it really honed my technique.

Everything you need to know is out there somewhere, in a book. You just have to find it. And if you can't find it, congratulations, you've just found a gap in the market to write one.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically a crappy version of "Buy a pixel on my website" dude, you might get it off the ground due to gimmickery but I have my doubts.

You seem to be lacking knowledge in marketing, read a book.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 24, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.