Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much makeup do you wear daily?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Do you wear make-up everyday?

How much do you think is too much?

I usually put on eyeliner and some blusher..maybe some pressed powder at times. I usually don't wear any makeup if i'm staying home. I'm quite comfortable going out of the house without any makeup on.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    in this order :

moisturiser
    foundation
    concealer
    face powder (just under my eyes)
    eye shadow
    eye liner
    mascara
    lipstick (sometimes no lipstick)

my skin is horrible without makeup, and I'm not a spring chicken any more. So none of that tosh about "that's too much makeup. Guys like the natural look". *******s to that, I look like a zombie without makeup, and I don't particularly rock the zombie look.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stick my face in a bowl of foundation
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    foundation, mascara, lipbalm/ gloss and eyeliner.

I go to a mainly girls school. Looking glamorous is not really a priority when you have a 15 minutes trek to school.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not every day, only on special occasions or going out to a party/meal then I will wear foundation, eyeshadow, mascara and lipgloss.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    foundation and mascara - I feel uncomfortable without foundation unless I'm tanned cause of my acne :--(
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Foundation, powder, lip balm, liquid eyeliner, mascara and I pencil over my eyebrows to give them better shape/definition.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I usually wear some tinted moisturiser, followed by concealer (if I need it, but not everyday), powder, some brown gel on my eyebrows, blusher, and mascara, sometimes eye liner if I feel like it. I think it's easy to look as if you're wearing "too much" make-up if you're wearing the wrong colours or just go ott with it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Eyeliner, mascara & sometimes some concealer under the eyes if i'm looking tired. That's what i wear on a normal college day. At home i don't wear make-up, when i'm going out i'll wear more.

I think people wear too much make-up when you start to see cracks in their faces
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    every day:

moisturiser
    foundation
    concealer
    sometimes powder if i look shiny
    mascara (eyeliner, pencil for special occasions and liquid for even specialer, never eye shadow)
    2 types of blusher
    lipstain sometimes
    lipbalm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    primer
    foundation
    concealer
    powder
    cream blusher
    mascara
    eyeshadows from the naked pallette
    lipgloss
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear make up daily. Sometimes I curl my eye lashes but that's just about it. I really have no reason slapping some colour on me unless I'm off to a party/anything formal.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Every day -
    used to be liquid foundation, powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipgloss.
    Now it is nothing apart from flavoured lipsmackers if I've got chapped lips.

Going out -
    Powder, maybe eyeshadow, mascara, lipgloss.

I used to wear loads of make-up and didn't want to leave the house without it, but it made my skin go horrible and get a lot more sensitive, and I was having to get up so early in the morning to do it. These days I roll out of bed, washed and dressed, straighten my hair quickly if I can be bothered and then out the door, and I love it. My skin looks the best it's ever been and my boyfriend says I've never looked more beautiful
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    i sometimes wear foundation as i have vitiligo patches on my face, i never used to wear it because i'm so pale anyway but i have it for the days i'm feeling extra patchy
    then concealer, eyeliner and mascara, and maybe some blusher if i feel like it.
    if it's for a night out/something more formal, i might wear lipstick too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In this order;
    Moisturiser
    Primer
    Foundation
    Concealer
    Powder
    Blush
    Liquid & pencil eyeliner
    Eyeshadow
    Mascara
    Lipgloss.

When I'm going out I'll obv. put more layers on/use darker colours, and fake lashes. My record is 3 pairs on at once.

I used to use hairspray as setting spray but it wasn't good for my skin.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bronzer, blusher, concealer (sometimes), mascara and eyeliner for everyday.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Concealer, powder, blusher, lipstick/gloss, sometimes eyeshadow. I wear some makeup most days but I'm not hugely bothered about going out without it, it's just a nice extra touch.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wish I didn't have to wear make up but I usually put on - foundation, concealer, cream blusher (so i don't have to touch it up throughout the day), powder, eyeliner and dab on very little lipstick on my hand for my lips. Mainly just to get a little colour on them. That's it.

I never wear makeup when I'm at home either and I think too much makeup is probably when it's just excessive amounts of product you use e.g. layering or plastering your face with foundation, 2 pairs of eyelashes etc. Basically caked on.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    For me, it's not so much about how many different products, but how much of them I wear

For me, it's:
    bare escentuals foundation (doubles up as a concealer)
    blusher
    eyebrow gel
    mascara
    lip tint

I've been doing smokey eyes a lot recently too.. I find it hides mascara smudges quite well...

My eyelashes are crazily long and straight up, so I can't really do the natural look when wearing mascara, because they look false anyway, but I think the rest looks pretty casual. Hopefully
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I wear the same everyday as I do for a night out. However, during the day I wear neutral shaes on my eyes and lips so it's not ott and for a night out I either wear smokey eye/neutral lip or black eyeliner/coloured lips.

moisturiser; primer; eye primer; concealer; foundation/tinted moisturiser; eyebrow pencil and setting gel; eyeshadow; eyeliner; lipgloss/stick.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 28, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.