The Student Room Group

Dating Dilemma

Basically i'm have a slight battle with my conscience at the moment...

So I've just come out of a 3yr relationship and am really busy at uni I had no intention of getting into any serious relationships. Also I just want to be free and have a bit of fun for a change!

I met this guy when out one night and we've been seeing each other (and in the intimate sense!) since and I've told him I'm not ready/ wanting a serious relationship (for the reasons above) but he, despite saying he is fine with that is VERY keen and would ideally want a serious relationship (note, I'm not sure I can see myself in a serious relationship ever with him, not sure there's that spark there).

The problem begins with the fact I've been chatting to this guy online (i've never met him) we have a lot in common and he's off to Australia soon and hopes to meet when we get back. I'd like to meet him too, but now I'm starting to feel guilty should I just stop seeing this other guy? Even though we have agreed we're just casually seeing each other he does want more, I'm really like his company (and the rest) but if i meet this other guy (who if he is like I think he is i'd be interested in a serious relationship at some point) I don't want to hurt his feelings by rejecting him for someone else.

Basically I have two options. A. I stop seeing the guy now, and then wait to meet this other guy, which may not work out/ us meeting could fall through. Or B. I continue seeing the guy and then meet up with the other guy from online, if I do like him I'll stop seeing the first guy, if not things will remain the same....

Hmmm what to do.... I'm not used to doing things like this/ messing people around!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending