The Student Room Group

Central Saint Martins Art Foundation Applicants 2012/2013

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know yet if we are told by post or email? it says 'letter' in the guidelines but that could mean either right?
Reply 41
Original post by BethMcGuinness
Does anyone know yet if we are told by post or email? it says 'letter' in the guidelines but that could mean either right?

It could mean either. I'm not sure about others but I got my portfolio review notification by email, so I'm assuming that they'll also reply by email regarding the results.
Less paper, I guess.
Reply 42
i reckon email also.

Waiting is slowly killing me ommmgggggg
Reply 43
Hi guys!
I also applied to CSM -diagnostic studies. Had my portfolio review by mail (sent in a CD) and am also waiting for the reply...
I'm pretty sure they'll send us emails -that's what they did last year. But the wait is killing me because this is the only place I applied to..
Reply 44
tick tock tick tock
Reply 45
Original post by Shpela
Hi guys!
I also applied to CSM -diagnostic studies. Had my portfolio review by mail (sent in a CD) and am also waiting for the reply...
I'm pretty sure they'll send us emails -that's what they did last year. But the wait is killing me because this is the only place I applied to..

Ahhh I'm in a similar boat to you, have no back up plan if I don't get into CSM. Guys this thread is so angsty already, imagine when we all find out if we got in or not.. oh god
Reply 46
Original post by bananafox
Ahhh I'm in a similar boat to you, have no back up plan if I don't get into CSM. Guys this thread is so angsty already, imagine when we all find out if we got in or not.. oh god

AMEN
Reply 47
In the first two weeks I was thinking 'I probably got in, it's gonna be fine' but as time goes on I'm losing that confidence!

I only applied for CSM also so I'm so screwed if I dont get in.
Reply 48
Original post by RioReport
In the first two weeks I was thinking 'I probably got in, it's gonna be fine' but as time goes on I'm losing that confidence!

I only applied for CSM also so I'm so screwed if I dont get in.

It's horrible, as time goes by you have more and more time to think about it and worry and doubt yourself.
Reply 49
I was feeling good about my review and after reading this thread i have realised so many stupid mistakes i have made :frown:
for example i missed out the section on work experience because i dont have any thats relevant and my personal statement was a complete joke -
do you think it matters at all about the application form ?
i assumed that once you were invited they just judged on your work but now im worried they will have look at it next to my application
Reply 50
Emiliec93, I dont have any work experience either, I think the application itself is more of a formality. If they can see you have potential in your work that's far more important than grades or personal statements.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Emiliec93
I was feeling good about my review and after reading this thread i have realised so many stupid mistakes i have made :frown:
for example i missed out the section on work experience because i dont have any thats relevant and my personal statement was a complete joke -
do you think it matters at all about the application form ?
i assumed that once you were invited they just judged on your work but now im worried they will have look at it next to my application

UAL universities, especially CSM and LCF take into account that an application is not exactly a true representation of a person, hence the portfolio reviews, I'm pretty sure they basically ask everyone who's applied to come, and they judge the person purely on the work - not grades or stuff like that.
Relevant work experience is mainly for a more mature student like my mum for example has had a lot of pattern cutting prototype jobs in designer factories, that would be relevant as she hasn't got 'english' qualifications apart from a BTEC national diploma.
Also I'm not sure if you saw the forms that were put on top of your portfolios; there were 4 sections - each section was 5 marks - you need to cover each section throughout your portfolio (one of them I think was showing development of idea). A friend of mine asked someone who said you need 18 or more to qualify for a place.
As hard as it is just stay positive and be confident in yourself, if it was meant to be, you'll get in.
Reply 52
zhin / rioReport ; ahh this was what i originally thought but when they put my forms on my portfolio i panicked that they focused a lot on that as well! feeling a bit better now :smile: good luck you both as well!
Reply 53
Original post by justreadthebooks
well i was applying for diagnostic, but changed to fine art on the day of the portfolio review! you?

oh cool, I applied for a diagnostic pathway in fashion/textiles.
its now been a whole month since 1st feb!
Calling them today, as the woman conducting the portfolio review said 3-4 weeks and the website says 26th of march. they really should make things more clear. :confused:
Reply 54
Original post by ReeyaM
Calling them today, as the woman conducting the portfolio review said 3-4 weeks and the website says 26th of march. they really should make things more clear. :confused:

I agree, if they told us that we would definitely hear on a certain date it would be less stressful. Waiting would probably be worse but you can gear yourself up for that specific day, while now I have no idea when I will hear by as they've all said different things. Good luck, let us know if you can find out by phone yet!
Reply 55
Original post by ReeyaM

agreeee, mine was 1st and it's massive stress now, whole month of this, cannot take it anymoreeeee. Let us know how calling them goes, fingers crossed goood luck
Reply 56
Hey guys, I just rang up CSM so can clarify things. Apparently we shouldn't have been told that it's 3-4 weeks, it's definitely the end of march.. :frown: we won't hear back until the portfolio reviews are over. Which I thought they were already but oh well.
Reply 57
Hey guys, I just rang up CSM so can clarify things. Apparently we shouldn't have been told that it's 3-4 weeks, it's definitely the end of march.. :frown: we won't hear back until the portfolio reviews are over. Which I thought they were already but oh well.

same. the lady on the phone told me that CSM post out all their letters (acceptance & rejections) after all the portfolio review dates are done, which will be by the 26th of march, and that the woman who said 3-4 weeks was 100% wrong.

on the bright side however, atleast we know its gonna be a letter and not an e-mail. another month of waiting...GOOD LUCK GUYS!
(edited 12 years ago)

thats so weird cos its the website that says it as well, in the 'help with your portfolio' bit. thats so annoying, cos it means it wasnt a mistake, they just got it wrong, or have changed their minds :mad: . oh well, a least we dont have to stress for a bit now :redface:
Reply 59
omg a month will killl me, happy waiting guys, good luck

Quick Reply

Latest