The Student Room Group

Central Saint Martins Art Foundation Applicants 2012/2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by jacksonriddle
anyone got pictures/descriptions of what the interior of the back hill campus looks like?
i seem to be having trouble finding any D:

Try typing the postcode into Google Maps and then using the street view version to look. It's not an easy place to notice, but the front is all glass.
Reply 81
Hey, I am so nervous about finding out if i got into CSM foundation course, I had my interview on the 3rd of Feb, and can't believe it's taking so long! I was only going to apply to CSM, but i thought that i'd give myself more of a chance so applied to two others the other day; Bournemouth Arts, and Ravensbourne.

Just wondering how much work people put into their portfolios for CSM portfolio review? what kind of work? how many pages? How many places are there on the course? When do you think we'll hear back?

Thankyou
Original post by Ellie1992
Hey, I am so nervous about finding out if i got into CSM foundation course, I had my interview on the 3rd of Feb, and can't believe it's taking so long! I was only going to apply to CSM, but i thought that i'd give myself more of a chance so applied to two others the other day; Bournemouth Arts, and Ravensbourne.

Just wondering how much work people put into their portfolios for CSM portfolio review? what kind of work? how many pages? How many places are there on the course? When do you think we'll hear back?

Thankyou

the quantity of everyone's portfolios seemed to vary a lot! i had an a2 portfolio with 15 a2 sheets of mounted work and 3 sketchbooks. other people had so so many fat sketchbooks in extra bags (one person even had a mini suitcase with god knows what inside). but it's good to be selective right? did anyone get a sneaky peak at any other people's work when going for the portfolio review?!
Reply 83
Hey, I am so nervous about finding out if i got into CSM foundation course, I had my interview on the 3rd of Feb, and can't believe it's taking so long!

They said themselves that they'll respond around the 26th. I know it's a hard thing to do but I highly doubt if I were them that I'd jump at the oppurtunity of going through hundreds - possibly running into higher numbers - of applications.
Try to take your mind off it c;
Reply 84

Thankyou

Hey! Mine was on the 3rd too..I only brought 1 A3 Portfolio with a mix of my art and photography work in it..All together I probably only had about 15 pieces of work with me..I saw people lugging in huge canvasses, any canvas pieces I had I just took pictures of since I live in Hastings and would've had to get them on the trains/tubes. Way too much hassle!
Reply 85
Original post by justreadthebooks
the quantity of everyone's portfolios seemed to vary a lot! i had an a2 portfolio with 15 a2 sheets of mounted work and 3 sketchbooks. other people had so so many fat sketchbooks in extra bags (one person even had a mini suitcase with god knows what inside). but it's good to be selective right? did anyone get a sneaky peak at any other people's work when going for the portfolio review?!

I had an A2 portfolio as well, probably with about as many sheets as that, which makes me less nervous ha. Yeah some people had loooooads aha! when was your review?
Reply 86
Original post by RioReport
Hey! Mine was on the 3rd too..I only brought 1 A3 Portfolio with a mix of my art and photography work in it..All together I probably only had about 15 pieces of work with me..I saw people lugging in huge canvasses, any canvas pieces I had I just took pictures of since I live in Hastings and would've had to get them on the trains/tubes. Way too much hassle!

Hey, yeah I did the same, a lot of my work was really big, so I took photos of the majotity. yep huge canvases on the tube, with loads of people doesn't really sound that great! But that was another thing I was thinking about; do they mind if alot of your work is photographed? Which pathway did you apply for?
Reply 87
Hey, yeah I did the same, a lot of my work was really big, so I took photos of the majotity. yep huge canvases on the tube, with loads of people doesn't really sound that great! But that was another thing I was thinking about; do they mind if alot of your work is photographed? Which pathway did you apply for?

The main thing is that you've documented it, I don't think they'd mind at all..I only had about 3 canvas pieces photographed, any other pictures were my actual photography work. I applied for Fine Art because I feel like it's really subjective and would allow me to do whatever I wanted with my art really..

I applied for the fine art pathway :smile: i went to open days for ccw and csm and they kept saying how they really don't mind photographed work if it's too big to carry! and about quantity of work...a lot of people applying are doing 2 or sometimes 3 arty a levels (eg textiles, art, photography) so have loads of work to reflect that! i'm only doing fine art A level so i decided it wouldn't matter so much if i have less work. my teacher agreed :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by Zuza0813
Well I have a feeling that they just laughed at my portfolio xD I got rejected from Kingston, so probably from CSM too, but yeah it was worth a try :wink:

yep me too! haha, good luck anyway you never know :smile: just depends what the tutors like i guess
Hey, I am a european student and I applied for CSM foundation too! I got into Parsons and Parsons paris but got rejected from kingston which kind of sucked.. You guys are so luckyyy for getting interviews! how was it?? where all the people hyped about it & with loads amount of work?
Reply 91
I've applied on the 25th january, the graphics/communication pathway. This waiting is killing me.
Reply 92
SO by monday we should ALL know, how scary is this. time couldn't go any slower
Reply 93
Now it's almost time I don't want to know..If I don't get in I'm so screwed..
5 more days !! Do you think we will find out on Friday or have to wait until Monday ? Has anyone heard back yet ?!
Reply 95
How's everyone else feeling? I'm so worried, I have no backups if I don't get in. I just want to know now so if I don't get in I can plan what to do next year. Has anybody heard back? I've heard from friends that some people have had acceptance letters already which is worrying. This wait is taking forever
Original post by Jadryk
How's everyone else feeling? I'm so worried, I have no backups if I don't get in. I just want to know now so if I don't get in I can plan what to do next year. Has anybody heard back? I've heard from friends that some people have had acceptance letters already which is worrying. This wait is taking forever

so nervous about it too! I don't really have a backup either :s-smilie: what pathway did you apply for ?
Reply 97
I applied for fine art. You? Looking back on the portfolio there's so much I would've changed
the ccw people have started to hear back today!!!!! not long guys!
Didn't get in :/

Quick Reply

Latest