The Student Room Group

Central Saint Martins Art Foundation Applicants 2012/2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Zuza0813
Well i also didnt get in :frown:so gutted. I have a back up offer from UCA but I really really wanted to go CSm , as everyone doing Art related subjects I guess haha :wink:
Don't worry so much they said there might be some places left for the clearing
''Should there be any places at other colleges within the University, these will be advertised on the relevant college websites during April.''
and it's for all of their colleges as well... so I'll be looking out for that, however the problem is, for all of their different foundation courses you have to pay:/ and you don't get a student loan :/

exact same situation! so upset - looks like i'm going to UCA EPSOM now, which i guess isnt that bad
Hi, can you tell me how much you'll have to pay ?

For Parsons it's around 28 000euros for a year, and for Atelier of Art it's 7 000 euros (American's prices)
Reply 122
Original post by mexicanwalkingfish
I got rejected from Kingston after interview and got rejected from Saint Martins today. Gutted. This is my flickr page for my Kingston portfolio which has work in that I put in my CSM portfolio.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imogenpreece/sets/72157628007813767/with/6347197629/

i got rejected too but after seeing your portfolio i can see why! your painting is incredible and my stuff was no where near at your standards! i can't believe you didnt get an offer
Hi, can you tell me how much you'll have to pay ?

I think so, that's what I got from it :wink: You'll just have to be checking all of their websites :wink:

Attelier of art is before applying to foundation. The difference between foundation in Central saint martins and other schools is that it is very specialized : from the first two weeks you enter your pathways. I might as well do foundation in parsons paris, i have a 4.000 aid so its 20.000 euros and then next year free in saint martins foundation which will be more specialized... But if you did the atelier of art they would accept you for sure in foundation!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stylecomesfrominside/
Here are some of the items I sent in my portfolio... I also sent pictures of sculptures and a few dresses, paper and recycled materials.
Reply 125
Original post by Emiliec93
i got rejected too but after seeing your portfolio i can see why! your painting is incredible and my stuff was no where near at your standards! i can't believe you didnt get an offer

your work is really impressive! i cant believe you didnt get in, it shows how competative it is now.
Reply 126
Original post by cait_
So sorry guys, haven't heard back yet. Still waiting .... Was it by post guys? Do you live close to london?? So nervy. Does this mean rejections are today and acceptance tomorrow? I know this is mega cheeky but does any have a blog or Flickr or anything with your work on it?! would be really Greatful to see someone else work ...... x

I havn't heard either...i live in london and had my review on the 1st of feb...really nrevous!!
So sorry to hear about rejections today, I still haven't heard back. What did your rejections say? And did they say whether there was any way you could find out your score? (you know they mark the portfolio out of 25 and if you get over 18 you get on the course)
Waiting is lame.
Reply 128
Original post by isabhull
I havn't heard either...i live in london and had my review on the 1st of feb...really nrevous!!

i live two hours away, still nothing. Yea mine was 1st of feb as well... hoping no news is good news at the mo. FINGERS CROSSED
Also what time did you guys get your emails through?
Reply 130
Yea anyone that's knows, what time were emails sent?!?! ..... Is today meant to be rejections as well or acceptance??? Waaaaa
Reply 131
Two of my friends got theirs at about 11.40 yesterday, don't know if everyone got them then.
I'm still waiting for mine D:
Thanks for telling us. Just rang them up and they said that they have started sending out results by email as of yesterday, she was not being at all specific about when they sent either rejections or acceptances. They also told me that letters are being sent out on the 26th which will be received on the 27th which seemed to contradict what she said previously about them being sent out by email.
Reply 133
letters? maybe that's just for people who don't have email accounts. I guess they probably just don't want us to know :/
I know! It seems really weird right? My friend got accepted through CCW by post but she gave them her email and everything. THIS IS SO STRESSFUL.
Reply 135
ahhh! Surely it doesn't take THAT long to send out the emails.
Reply 136
Guys, I think this is terrible. It's so unprofessional! The office is telling everyone different things, do they even know what's happening??
I feel like it's some ridiculous test to see if we could survive actually studying there haha.
Reply 137
Why are they doing this :frown:
Reply 138
hopefully we'll hear today. fingers crossed!
Reply 139
Guys do you really think we're going to hear today?? It's just pretty late ..

Quick Reply

Latest