The Student Room Group

Are you a cuddly sleeper?

I'm asking this because as a girl, I genuinely do not like it at all! Spooning for a little while is fun, but I need my space to turn over and have the cold side of the bed. I don't think I could fall asleep in someone's arms for a whole night, for example!

Partners in the past have disliked this and thought I was being distant, etc. I just find it sweaty and uncomfortable. I've even done the Ross "hug and roll" technique in Friends before, haha!

Most guys I know profess to be cuddly sleepers. How about you, girls and guys of TSR? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nawww not really. Sometimes spooning is ok, but only if I'm already really really tired so I just fall asleep straight away. If I'm gonna lay awake for a while I like to be on my own! Maybe a little bit close, maybe holding hands but not cuddling I feel too trapped!

I've actually always wondered if this was normal too & wondered if I was just mean for not wanting to go to sleep cuddling! :tongue:
Reply 2
I cuddle my pillow and pretend it's a girl.
Holding hands is cute. :smile:

No, I can't fall asleep with someone. Like you say it's sweaty and uncomfortable.
I'm not opposed to playing the big spoon every now and again, though I've never been able to sleep properly with someone else in the bed. I get virtually no sleep, and have trouble getting comfortable.

Of course, I sleep badly anyway, so you could argue: '**** it'.
I'm a cuddly sleeper, you have to make sure the girl doesn't escape.
Reply 6
If it's pretty cold then I enjoy a cuddly sleep, but when it's a bit warmer I prefer my own space as otherwise it can be uncomfortable.
Reply 7
Depends on how tired I am. There have been times when I just fall asleep in my boyfriend's arms and times when I have kicked him out to sleep on the camp bed because I need the room. usually the sleeping in his arms thing is naps and the like so it's not for ages. :smile:
Reply 8
Need my own space, besides, I only end up drooling all over them in my sleep anyway.
Reply 9
Not at all, we both sleep as far apart in bed as possible! I'd just get uncomfortable and hot and sweaty if we were tangled up all night. I think its lovely though when people can cuddle in their sleep :moon:

Plus, my other half is the least cuddly person ever. If I ever wake up in the night to him holding me then it can only mean one thing :sexface:
Definitely not. Not even when I was a little kid, I would go to bed with my toys and wake up to find that I'd kicked them all off my bunkbed. :lol: I have loads of pillows on my bed and I discover in the morning that they're all over my floor, it would be a brave person attempting to share with me.
I start the night laying on the bf's chest but when I fall asleep I always roll away and seek comfort in my own cool comfy pillow-whilst hogging duvet apparently. I usually wake up as the little spoon though as something tends to wake me. Ahem. :rolleyes:

Summer is hell-sticky, warm and restless nights make me a not so happy bunny.
(edited 12 years ago)
I generally fall asleep spooning with my girlfriend, it makes it a lot easier to fall asleep but then we always separate during the night, I'm not sure if that's her actively escaping from my clutches....probably :tongue:
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Definitely not. Not even when I was a little kid, I would go to bed with my toys and wake up to find that I'd kicked them all off my bunkbed. :lol: I have loads of pillows on my bed and I discover in the morning that they're all over my floor, it would be a brave person attempting to share with me.

I did this too, I can't understand people who have hundreds of teddy bears on their bed with only a tiny bit of room for them! I used to throw my only cuddly toy out of bed.

Back to the question though, I sometimes cuddle up to my boyfriend in bed but then I get bored and end up turning over and sleeping as far away as possible. I can't sleep facing someone either, I hate them breathing warm air onto my face.
Reply 14
My boyfriend loves falling asleep spooning me or hugging me, but I really don't like it as I find it suffocating and too hot. I'll hug him and say 'good night' and turn over, but he'll get annoyed and accuse me of being distant. The thing is that I'm such a light sleeper and he moves around so much in bed that if he's spooning me, he'll end up waking me up several times in the first hour not to mention snoring right in my ear (he sounds like a freight train, lol!). Past boyfriends have been ok with me needing my own space so it annoys me that my current boyfriend gets so annoyed :s-smilie:
I can't sleep if I'm touching somebody else, it annoys me. I need space.
Original post by Sky_Dream
I did this too, I can't understand people who have hundreds of teddy bears on their bed with only a tiny bit of room for them! I used to throw my only cuddly toy out of bed.

Back to the question though, I sometimes cuddle up to my boyfriend in bed but then I get bored and end up turning over and sleeping as far away as possible. I can't sleep facing someone either, I hate them breathing warm air onto my face.

I'd fall asleep with them all in my arms because my six-year old self didn't want any of them to feel left out, but I always ended up kicking them to the side because I wanted more space, so they'd all end up lodged in the bars stopping me from falling out the top bunk. :lol: And when my little sister and I ended up sharing a double bed if we were staying at someone elses house or in a hotel, we would end up kicking each other because she's like me. :lol: I've got a double bed to myself at the moment and I don't think I could ever learn to share. Guess I'll be single for life. :biggrin: But I don't care as long as I have my bed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Yes, I sometimes like to cuddle my toy giraffe in bed :o:
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
I'd fall asleep with them all in my arms because my six-year old self didn't want any of them to feel left out, but I always ended up kicking them to the side because I wanted more space, so they'd all end up lodged in the bars stopping me from falling out the top bunk. :lol: And when my little sister and I ended up sharing a double bed if we were staying at someone elses house or in a hotel, we would end up kicking each other because she's like me. :lol: I've got a double bed to myself at the moment and I don't think I could ever learn to share. Guess I'll be single for life. :biggrin: But I don't care as long as I have my bed.

I think sharing a single bed is worse, I can never get any sleep if I have to share a single bed :tongue:! I was totally the same with my cuddly toys, I always assumed that they had feelings and would worry that they would feel lonely or upset if I didn't have them in bed with me....I think my caring side towards them diminished as soon as I actually got into bed with them and noticed that I didn't have much room for me, though :tongue:.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Yes, I sometimes like to cuddle my toy giraffe in bed :o:

:biggrin:

Sometimes when I missed my girlfriend I cuddled my pillow to sleep and pretended it's her. :redface: :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending