Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by John G
Hey!

So, I've officially accepted my offer from Nottingham. But when I tried to log into the accomodation system, it wouldn't let me. Invalid credentials it said :frown: how long should it take? I have an applicant ID.

My birthday is the 28th of february, I was born 1991. That should mean my password is 28feb91, no?

Also, while we're at it, I'm seriously tempted to stay at iQ. Seems like you get a lot more for your money. Is it hard to get from iQ to the university park?

Hi John,

We are centrally located so there is access to alot of buses stopping by the Victoria Center and Lace Market tram stop both are walkable within 5 minutes.

Hope this helps :smile:

:smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 181
Thanks for getting back to me.

So, right now I'm down to riverside vs iQ. What would you guys pick? I'm postgrad at uni of nottingham.

iQ is very central, riverside seems like it's less close to everything. but the free bus shuttle service is very tempting still.
Reply 182
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
Why do you email the uni to check though?

I've had my unconditional offer for quite a while now, that's why I'm so anxious, I'm only waiting for them to tell me when... x(

I've e-mailed them already and they told me that all the info will be online when it's ready, so basically they haven't answered me with a date, which is what upsets my parents so much now, with the Euro crisis going on.

BTW, yeah to ravenclaw!! xD
Original post by mary1479
I've had my unconditional offer for quite a while now, that's why I'm so anxious, I'm only waiting for them to tell me when... x(

I've e-mailed them already and they told me that all the info will be online when it's ready, so basically they haven't answered me with a date, which is what upsets my parents so much now, with the Euro crisis going on.

BTW, yeah to ravenclaw!! xD

Might be able to give you a bit more help here, but I double check with the Uni first.

Follow this link to get you to the intranet portal, and sign in under applicants using the same username and password you used for accomodation, uploading uni card picture, etc.

my.nottingham.ac.uk

There's a bit on 'my finances' at the bottom right, where it looks like you can pay your fees if you've got an unconditional offer (like I have).

But just double check if that's what you do with the uni first! (And let me know what the answer is if you can :tongue:)

Hope that helps.
Is it based on a first come, first serve basis? I'm going through UCAS Extras and I want to apply for accomodation. As I am aware that applicants who firm Nottingham are guaranteed a place.
Reply 185
Original post by RastaMannn
Is it based on a first come, first serve basis? I'm going through UCAS Extras and I want to apply for accomodation. As I am aware that applicants who firm Nottingham are guaranteed a place.

Yes it is first come, first served. Accommodation is guaranteed to anyone who applies before August but the chances of you getting your first choice accommodation is slim as most rooms are already full (en suites and large singles if I'm not mistaken). If your first choice room is full, then your name will be in the waiting list and you'll know whether you get your room or not after results day. :smile:

Good luck with your Extra application!
(edited 11 years ago)
I've got Nottingham down as my insurance choice, do I still have to apply for accommodation now, or do I wait until I get my grades to see if I've missed out on my firm? Sorry if this was already answered.
Original post by justanotherposter
I've got Nottingham down as my insurance choice, do I still have to apply for accommodation now, or do I wait until I get my grades to see if I've missed out on my firm? Sorry if this was already answered.

I'd apply for accommodation at Nottingham anyway, if I were you. Just to be on the safe side. You can always cancel it, provided that it is cancelled before September (I think the 21st).
Reply 188
Does anybody know when the deposit for accommodation for broadgate park must be paid, I'm a little worried as my offer expiry date was the fourth of June and I have not be able to get the money together till today but due to the Jubilee I will not be able to play it till Wednesday.
Original post by konakona
Does anybody know when the deposit for accommodation for broadgate park must be paid, I'm a little worried as my offer expiry date was the fourth of June and I have not be able to get the money together till today but due to the Jubilee I will not be able to play it till Wednesday.

They've been pretty flexible with me so far. Just call up and pay as soon as you get chance and you should be fine :smile:
Original post by Akiraryuu
Yes it is first come, first served. Accommodation is guaranteed to anyone who applies before August but the chances of you getting your first choice accommodation is slim as most rooms are already full (en suites and large singles if I'm not mistaken). If your first choice room is full, then your name will be in the waiting list and you'll know whether you get your room or not after results day. :smile:

Good luck with your Extra application!

Thanks! and oh no :frown: I really would like an en suite room.
Reply 191
Original post by RastaMannn
Thanks! and oh no :frown: I really would like an en suite room.

You can go for it and hope that by August there would be vacant en suite rooms available. :biggrin:
Reply 192
I am so late, didn't even realise that accomidations were open, so. so late lol most of the good ones are gone. I'm probably going to end up going to get an accomidation outside uni.
Reply 193
Original post by justanotherposter

I think you have to wait until your offer goes from "insurance" to "firm" before you can apply for accommodation i.e. AFTER results day if you didn't get the grades for your firm choice :smile: (but i'm sure you will!!) Double check on the website though:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/prospectivestudents/undergraduates/accommodationguarantee.aspx

EDIT: Here we go, the website states "If you miss the deadline or have Nottingham as your insurance choice the website will be updated in August 2012 to let you know what options are available to you and how to apply. If we cannot help you with University-arranged accommodation we will advise you on other options." :smile: Hope this helps!
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending