The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chiutszyan
so, may I ask, how long does it take to walk from ancaster to the pharmacy building?

Hi there fellow Pharmacy student!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by oliviagunapalan
Hi there fellow Pharmacy student!

Hi, I am Janice;-) I am from Hong Kong.
Reply 82
so, may I ask, how long does it take to walk from ancaster to the pharmacy building?

Pharmacy dude here:biggrin: Depending on how fast you walk it could take 20 to 40 mins. Though you're probably best getting on free a hopper bus I'd say.

I'd say 15mins ish. Depends on your walking speed ofc.
Original post by Jin3011
Pharmacy dude here:biggrin: Depending on how fast you walk it could take 20 to 40 mins. Though you're probably best getting on free a hopper bus I'd say.

o-O Do people really walk that slowly? I'm a fast walker so it's hard for me to tell but I do that walk in 13mins~. 40mins seems a bit much.
Reply 85
Original post by alexs2602
o-O Do people really walk that slowly? I'm a fast walker so it's hard for me to tell but I do that walk in 13mins~. 40mins seems a bit much.

May be different if you know your way around and need to get to a lecture fairly quickly. From Nightingale to the med school I took more or less 25 minutes'ish - though I did get lost on numerous occasions (-_-).
Reply 86
Does anyone know how long it takes to bike/walk from broadgate park to QMC? Thanks :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by alexs2602
Catered. Ancaster Hall. What do you want to know? The food AT halls isn't that great but then again what do you expect? Personally I find it a bit taxing on the bank balance(in my defence I chose my room based on what I expected to get from loan/grant). But then again looking at the price difference between BGP and UP you're probably saving huge amounts of money going catered. £400-500 difference it looks like - that'll last you 20 weeks~ in regards to expenditure on food living in self catered halls. Two terms alone are more than 20 weeks. Lunches can be fairly good though, if you're catered. - there is tons of choice(4 places for sandwiches and the like, another 4 places for hot food(not including the places that do sandwiches with hot options too) and 4 mix bars, which are places at 4 halls on campus that do hot food, oh and a place at the sports centre. I may be missing places too.)!

Ask if I've missed anything you'd like to know.

Hi I've just received my offer letter for an en-suite room at Ancaster, was hoping to find out what the en-suite rooms are like there as I've heard they're tiny in comparison to other halls. Also how long does it take you to get from Ancaster to your lectures (I'm taking English so I've been told most of my lectures/seminars will be in Trent Building). And if you could choose your halls again would you stay in Ancaster or move to another one and why? Sorry for all the questions but I've not read great things online about Ancaster so I'm considering e-mailing them to request changing. Thanks loads in advance!
Hye gys, I've got an unconditional to study Maths at Notts and was wandering what my options are if I was looking for a room with ensuite and was also catered, on university park, gonna apply for accom tommorow. Quick replies would be great. Thanks.
Original post by fist of the south star
Hye gys, I've got an unconditional to study Maths at Notts and was wandering what my options are if I was looking for a room with ensuite and was also catered, on university park, gonna apply for accom tommorow. Quick replies would be great. Thanks.

Congrats to ya! :biggrin: Anyway to answer your question, all the accommodation options on University Park are catered, plus you don't get to pick the halls that you'd like to be in. So you're pretty much set. In the application they just ask you to state which location and what type of room you would like.
Original post by oliviagunapalan
Congrats to ya! :biggrin: Anyway to answer your question, all the accommodation options on University Park are catered, plus you don't get to pick the halls that you'd like to be in. So you're pretty much set. In the application they just ask you to state which location and what type of room you would like.

Ahh thanks for that, couldn't make heads or tails of the website.
Reply 91
Hi, just wanted to know how long do you think it would take to walk from Florence Boot Hall to the engineering department?

Thanks.
Reply 92
Hi everybody !

I'm from France, and got an unconditional offer from Nottingham, which I really think I'm going to accept, but I had some concerns about the accommodation.
I do love the idea of living in a self cathered accommodation, as I really Luke cooking my own food, and I also like the idea of sharing a flat with few friends.
But I'm a bit afraid that having to cook my own food may be a little stressfull. And the problem with the cathered halls is mostly the food, like the "quality" and the balance of the meals.

Do any of you have some advices ?? It would be reaaaally helpfull ! Thanks a lot !
Original post by Saraahr
Hi everybody !

I'm from France, and got an unconditional offer from Nottingham, which I really think I'm going to accept, but I had some concerns about the accommodation.
I do love the idea of living in a self cathered accommodation, as I really Luke cooking my own food, and I also like the idea of sharing a flat with few friends.
But I'm a bit afraid that having to cook my own food may be a little stressfull. And the problem with the cathered halls is mostly the food, like the "quality" and the balance of the meals.

Do any of you have some advices ?? It would be reaaaally helpfull ! Thanks a lot !

Bonjour! I don't think you should worry much about those things, if you don't mind putting some time into cooking and if you can cook then it won't be all that stressful. The catered meals are also more balanced and healthy than you think, someone posted a menu somewhere but I'm not sure where. J'espere que je vous aider un peu, pardon ma francais est terrible! Where in France are you from? Ma mere est ainee en Alsace et je visite la France beaucoup.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 94
Original post by TheBrownTown
Bonjour! I don't think you should worry much about those things, if you don't mind putting some time into cooking and if you can cook then it won't be all that stressful. The catered meals are also more balanced and healthy than you think, someone posted a menu somewhere but I'm not sure where. J'espere que je vous aider in peu, pardon ma francais est terrible! Where in France are you from? Ma mere est ainee en Alsace et je visite la France beaucoup.

Bonjour ! :smile: thanks for this quick answer ! Looking at the menus may help my decision :tongue:
But now I have another question... As I'll be taking business course, which takes place on the Jubillee campus. I was thinking I might go in the Raleigh self cathered accommodation or on the uni park cathered accomodation. Which one would you recommend for a first year ? Like in terms of social Life and everything?

And I went to high school just near Switzerland, but now, I'm working in Paris :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Saraahr
Bonjour ! :smile: thanks for this quick answer ! Looking at the menus may help my decision :tongue:
But now I have another question... As I'll be taking business course, which takes place on the Jubillee campus. I was thinking I might go in the Raleigh self cathered accommodation or on the uni park cathered accomodation. Which one would you recommend for a first year ? Like in terms of social Life and everything?

And I went to high school just near Switzerland, but now, I'm working in Paris :smile:

Did you live near Franche Comte? My grandparents have a cottage there right next to Switzerland near Montbelliard. I'm afraid I can't help you with your next question as I'm not a student there yet and I don't know much about the Jubilee campus. However I did apply to the catered at uni park, it looks really good. I'm sure if you trawl through the uni of Nottingham part of the forum you'll find the link to the menu I'm talking about, it was posted quite recently. What brings you to England? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by punn
Hi, just wanted to know how long do you think it would take to walk from Florence Boot Hall to the engineering department?

Thanks.

Hi I'm at FB at the moment and have my lectures in the same buildings as engineering. I usually give myself about 25 mins to get there and that gives me plenty of time to meet up with friends, get settled etc but I've done it in 15 before.
Original post by Saraahr

I'm based on Jubilee campus and really liked Raleigh Park - I'd be going back there if I didn't need a studio flat this year!

Raleigh is very social and really close to campus so it's easy to get involved with everything. The rooms are a good size, as is the kitchen/living area. It's certainly big enough to have a few people over for a bit of a gathering or study day! In your first week at Raleigh you're included in everything the on-campus halls do but you have the freedom to feed yourself at the hours you want. If you really struggle to cook for yourself then buy in a couple of healthy ready meals and freeze them for the nights when you're just too tired and save your cooking for the other nights.

I've been self catered since 17 (now 25) and you really just get into a routine. I almost chose catered but realised I'd struggle with strict mealtimes and unhealthy options so now I'm back to cooking for myself.

On the accommodation website there's the option to view a week's food timetable.
Reply 98
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I'm based on Jubilee campus and really liked Raleigh Park - I'd be going back there if I didn't need a studio flat this year!

Raleigh is very social and really close to campus so it's easy to get involved with everything. The rooms are a good size, as is the kitchen/living area. It's certainly big enough to have a few people over for a bit of a gathering or study day! In your first week at Raleigh you're included in everything the on-campus halls do but you have the freedom to feed yourself at the hours you want. If you really struggle to cook for yourself then buy in a couple of healthy ready meals and freeze them for the nights when you're just too tired and save your cooking for the other nights.

I've been self catered since 17 (now 25) and you really just get into a routine. I almost chose
catered but realised I'd struggle with strict mealtimes and unhealthy options so now I'm back to cooking for myself.
On the accommodation website there's the option to view a week's food timetable.

So you would recomend Raleigh, right ? I'm taking the opinion of anyone who could help :smile:
Are there lots of first year in Raleigh ?

And in answer to "the Brown town", I don't live near Franche Comte :tongue: And i found the menu, should be okay I guess :smile:
And I'm coming to England be cuz I want to travel a bit and discover some new places :smile: And I went to an international high school and lots of student went to England, so that's Probably what I'll be doing now :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Saraahr
So you would recomend Raleigh, right ? I'm taking the opinion of anyone who could help :smile:
Are there lots of first year in Raleigh ?

I'd definitely recommend it. I was living with an international student, two local first years (who were actually twin sisters!) and one final year student and it was all great. They generally try to group you by year and whether you want a quieter uni experience or a full on partying experience - mine was only mixed because I applied about a week before I was due to start!

It's quite popular with jubilee first years because it's closest to the campus and it's the cheapest self catered accommodation too. You'll still get all of your first year experiences - especially during freshers!

It really depends on your preferences though - if you think you could enjoy catered more then go for it but you'll definitely get the uni experience either way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending