Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Feel like I will never get anywhere

Announcements Posted on

I'm 21, and I enrolled on an access course last year...only to find that it wouldn't get me on to the course I want to study at university so I dropped out, and I'm waiting to start at the open university this coming September so that I can apply to a red brick uni the following year - I wish I could've started in February, but by the time I found out in December it was too late to enrol.

I can't help but feel I'm wasting my life away. I have a growing emptiness inside of me, and can't remember the last time I was truly happy...in the back of my head I always think people are judging me.
    The reason why I'm coming back to education after a few years is due to some personal issues I've had to overcome, and I thought I had gotten over these but I seem to be falling in to depression again.
    The sad thing is I was really enjoying the access course, and now I'm not sure what to do up until September - I currently work three days a week, but I have nothing else going for me.

I feel like while everyone else is happy and living life I'm sat here watching my life go by. Even when I see students I get depressed as I wish I were in their shoes now - I don't know if this is normal but it gets to me a lot.
    Also, one by one I've lost all my 'friends'... many of them were not genuine, and they don't really cross my mind but I do feel lonely - I am introverted anyway and I prefer being alone but I know this isn't healthy as it's beginning to upset me... I used to know how to have a good time, but now I think many would class me as boring as I find it hard to even hold conversations with people.

Typical days for me:

7am: Wake up, mope around the house for a bit... eventually get ready for work
    9/10am - 6/7pm: Work
    8pm: Home, watch tv/ go on the laptop/ attempt to tidy room, eat, go to bed

8am: Wake up and mope around
    12pm: Maybe go to the gym
    2pm: Come home, eat
    Chill at home for the rest of the day

What I really want is some advice on how I can improve my life and better myself please. I would seriously appreciate any help right now as I'm at a loss on what to do with myself.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Join clubs, volunteer.
    • 56 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to do? What interests you?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Many people go through bad times, sometimes I feel down too.
    Try to hang out with friends (I found some of my friends were quite fed up too with just working everyday) and make new friends.
    Talk to them about your issues and get involved with others who share similar interests.

I failed my A levels, retook, went to university switched course and ended up two years behind but I worked had in the last 4 years and caught up.
    Now I think potientially I will achieve more than most so it is never too late to catch up.

Just keep in mind your goals, its just a matter of time before you reach them.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you smoke?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 29, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.