The Student Room Group

Jaguar/Land Rover Apprenticeship Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I heard back on Monday, had a phone call saying congratulations we would like to make you a formal offer etc. They said they would send some paperwork out in the post which would need signing and sending back.

Also, someone said starting wage was £310 a week... where on earth did you hear that? We got told on the assessment day by a lad who has just finished his first year that it was £170 a week with a 10% pay rise every 6 months. Whether that is before tax or not I don't know.

My personal experience was that I found the Maths test fairly simple, but there was a lot of questions to complete in an hour! I only just finished with around 3-4mins spare and achieved 92% or 94% (I cant remember it was that bloody long ago!). The psychometric testing was pretty easy except the 3rd test on the input output stuff... I understood it but the way I did it was probably quite long winded. I didn't guess any but didn't complete the entire test so feared I may of been marked down on that one.

Did my assessment day on 9th Jul and felt really good at the end of it. Did the interview first, which went better than I expected (I've never had a formal job interview before!) and then the group exercise followed by the practical task - assembling a power steering pump. The group exercise was good but as far as we could work out was an insolvable task... so I guess they were only focusing on who was a good team player and not on what needs to be done in the task. The practical made me nervous as I was the last one to leave the room, and spent a good 10mins extra waiting compared to anyone else in my group. Just sat on your own in a room made me quite nervous! Just thought they had forgotten about me lol. Once in there though, not being big headed but I thought it was piss easy, but I am quite mechanically minded and am used to reassembling complete engines so this was a walk in the park!
I heard quite a few people didn't manage to complete the practical task, and struggled to assemble the pump. Anyone else hear that?
The guy said to me that the paperwork could take up to 2 weeks to arrive did he say the same to you guys ?

I also found the practical task quite simple but it wasn't just judged on that, it was assessed throughout the 3 tasks but some more able on some tasks than others as I felt I didn't do to well on the team task but very well on the practical, I don know. All I know is I done well as I got an offer.

I also heard the pay is around the £200 a week mark but just have to wait for the contract to be sure.
Reply 122
Finally heard back from Jaguar today to say congratulations on getting a place, contract will be coming out in the post shortly. Long wait and hard work finally paid off !! Good Luck to everyone !!!!! :smile:
Reply 123
I wonder if they are doing it any sort of order :s seems to be up an down in terms of assesment date and hearing back..?
Reply 124
Getting anxious now hearing all this feedback, I know they'll let us know either way but it's the not knowing and waiting...

Fingers crossed for my theory on pathways, Cryptic!!
any of you waiting for the higher from halewood?
Reply 126
Me too horrible isn't it, I mean it's been a month exactly for me today.. Can't bare it lmao
Reply 127
Advanced at halewood mate, be interesting to know if they are making all the higher offers first..?

I just missed out on the requirements for the higher as I got a B at a a level maths and a D in a level physics and you needed 2 C's :-(.. So I ended up getting 99% in the maths test because I did the easier level haha
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 128
Original post by timpadmore
any of you waiting for the higher from halewood?

I'm still waiting on Halewood Higher, this whole process has taken about 5 years off my life!
Reply 129
Same here I'm growing strands of grey hair
Anyone applied for the wolverhampton site?
horrible like, but if they decline any of us now after 4 weeks when they said they would definitley do that in a week and a half its well sly. killing me
Just heard back today from the higher in W/M got an offer but all are conditional on obtaining 2 C's at A-Level maths and science. Heard the starting pay was £300 a week and was when I applied for the position. This is the first year of them starting the higher apprenticeship so the lads you spoke to were on the advanced from last year, they were there on my day as well. The first year we will be full time at Warwick college where we did the final assessments/interviews. With regards to the group exercise it is possible to get the generator in to the room, was a challenging task and only just finished with no time to spare!
Reply 133
anyone heard back who is doing the advanced at Halewood? thought we would know for sure by now!?
Hi, I'd really like to apply for the higher apprenticeship but I'm not sure when I need to. What time of year did you originally apply in? Also, I have just finished my AS year, could I apply the next time the applications open or would I have to wait until I have finished my A-levels Completely?

Thank you
Reply 135
Original post by SpiggyTopes
Hi, I'd really like to apply for the higher apprenticeship but I'm not sure when I need to. What time of year did you originally apply in? Also, I have just finished my AS year, could I apply the next time the applications open or would I have to wait until I have finished my A-levels Completely?

Thank you

Applications opened in February for the 2012 intake, so i would think it will be similar next year, you apply whilst doing your a levels then they will make you a conditional offer subject to you achieving the required grades.. just like uni really :-)
Original post by CrypticG
Applications opened in February for the 2012 intake, so i would think it will be similar next year, you apply whilst doing your a levels then they will make you a conditional offer subject to you achieving the required grades.. just like uni really :-)

Thank you! I couldn't find this anywhere on their website. :smile:
Got an email an hour or so ago, had my assesment 25th I believe it was, anyone else get rejected? :rolleyes:
Reply 138
Original post by travispickle
Got an email an hour or so ago, had my assesment 25th I believe it was, anyone else get rejected? :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that :-/.. I've not heard anything yet but can't help but think they have already selected everyone that they want
Reply 139
Way to stay optimistic CrypticG!!

I am baffled by how JLR are doing this process, it just seems so random! I know someone who got bad news weeks ago now and some no news at all and obviously some acceptances, and from reading the boards there does not appear to be any correlation between programme/location and news!

So instead of mashing your brain trying to rationalize any of it, just chill your beans, check out awesome TeamGB at the Olympics and enjoy your weekend, we all want a position but the interviews are over, there is nothing more we can do, so what will be will be!

And if all else fails, I recommend Johnny Walker Black Label :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending