The Student Room Group

Jaguar/Land Rover Apprenticeship Scheme

Hi guy's just wondered if anyone had heard about the new positions for apprenticeships opening in Jaguar/Land Rover. There are 4 places in a factory about 20 minutes away from me.

So has anyone applied in the past, or recently for a position? What should I expect if I apply and get to the assessment part?

Thank's in advance for any help.

To anyone who is currently applying, good luck! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ive applied, not heard back from them yet though!
Reply 2
Original post by Greig_R
Ive applied, not heard back from them yet though!

Awesome, good luck! :biggrin:

I read a bit further into it and I don't think I would be suitable for the role tbh. From what I have gathered it has a fairly heavy emphasis on maths and academia in general. I am a disaster at maths so I guess it's onto the next thing for me. :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by 331sam331
Awesome, good luck! :biggrin:

I read a bit further into it and I don't think I would be suitable for the role tbh. From what I have gathered it has a fairly heavy emphasis on maths and academia in general. I am a disaster at maths so I guess it's onto the next thing for me. :frown:

Did you consider the advanced apprenticeship role? That is less maths and more hands on stuff if thats what your keen on :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Greig_R
Did you consider the advanced apprenticeship role? That is less maths and more hands on stuff if thats what your keen on :smile:

Hey, yea that is the role I was talking about. I really am quite shocking at maths and unfortunately it has been the root to most of my problems. I do actively try to improve but It would seem that my brain doesn't quite "tick" that way.

On the other hand I love anything to do with engineering and actually building or fixing things (I have rebuilt engines and all sorts) I am great at and really love. I am just let down by my maths. As is my whole family actually.

What position are you going for then? :smile:
Reply 5
I had a look at that. May apply in the more distant future, if I'm more up for the higher stressed working environment they expect candidates to work in.
Reply 6
I'm also looking to apply for this, as I believe I'm very suited to it. I just wanted more opinions on whether this is a better option. I'd originally planned to do Astrophysics at University as it is a passion of mine, but the engineering aspect within Jaguar does sound appealing, especially if I could rise through and be designing cars etc. The starting salary on the apprenticeship of 310 pounds per week is also obvious a large +. Another question, is the degree you do whilst on the course a fully fledged one, or something less recognised?
Hi,

My brother and I both applied for the JLR schemes (advanced and higher respectively), we applied mid Feb, does anyone know a round about date for them to contact us? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by 99_GreenBottles
Hi,

My brother and I both applied for the JLR schemes (advanced and higher respectively), we applied mid Feb, does anyone know a round about date for them to contact us? :smile:

Have you heard back yet? :confused:
Reply 9
I applied for the advanced role and just today have received an e-mail asking to come and take the test:biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by College_Dropout
You heard back?

Didn't apply in the end :rolleyes: I figured I didn't have much chance against the highly academic peeps so I started looking into other things. After talking to a couple of people that got in I realized it's pretty darn hard to.

Don't let that put you off though, if you think you have the goods and can show it off with some passion you should get far. Even if you don't get it, you could still get some feedback at least :smile:
Reply 11
Oh, you should have applied, anything that you choose to do is going to be hard and especially at this point in time. I did apply and passed the initial test and now ive got my psychometric tests in a couple of weeks.

Excellent, well done!!

I don't think I am smart enough really. I only got a C in maths GCSE so I figured a higher grade would be needed, especially for an engineering role.

Good luck in the tests dude :biggrin:
Reply 12
Oh, you should have applied, anything that you choose to do is going to be hard and especially at this point in time. I did apply and passed the initial test and now ive got my psychometric tests in a couple of weeks.

What percentage did you get in your maths test buddy in the initial test?
Reply 13
70%, was it me or did you find the questions relatively easy? But it was very steap on time, i quickly chose random ones for the last 15-20 so questions lol. I think it was more on a pass or fail basis rather then who does better and worse.
What did you get?

What sort of questions where they? Any A level stuff pop up? Or was is more everyday maths?
Going back on the 17th for a second set of testing and stuff :smile:
Also to the OP given the number of applicants I think there are more than 4 places :P
By, quite basic easy maths, are we talking simple multiplication and division or like, reasoning questions like, how many lorries you can fill with so much cement or whatever? could you remember any examples?

And did you do a literacy test too? if you did what were those questions like

Ive got my test this weekend I need to ace it :^_^:
Reply 17
Original post by kingkongjaffa
Also to the OP given the number of applicants I think there are more than 4 places :P

You would think so wouldn't you. The post that was advertised near me was for 4 places. Looking at about 80+ people applying for each position. I wish I were joking, but thats just the way it is :frown:

Was the same when I applied to do an MOD apprenticeship 2 years ago, 11 places and 400 applicants :s-smilie:

Not saying Dont apply, but the competition is crazy. You will have to show that you are truely passionate about the role to get a look in.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 18
The is actually about 177 spots to take, not 4 lol. Although when i went to the first test the guy did say the was about 12,000 applicants who had applied, in which 1,300 were taking the test.

Sorry, I wasn't talking about the whole scheme. I was aware that there were many places, but depends on how far you are willing to travel doesn't it. Just the available posts in my area was 4.

Haha, great, still not nice odds are they :rolleyes:
Original post by 331sam331
You would think so wouldn't you. The post that was advertised near me was for 4 places. Looking at about 80+ people applying for each position. I wish I were joking, but thats just the way it is :frown:

Was the same when I applied to do an MOD apprenticeship 2 years ago, 11 places and 400 applicants :s-smilie:

Not saying Dont apply, but the competition is crazy. You will have to show that you are truely passionate about the role to get a look in.

Good luck :smile:

when I went to hale there were 3000 applicants apparently anyway best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending