Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

16 and raves?

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be going to one in a week or so without my parents knowing. Any suggestions, thoughts or advice on this?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Borrow ID from an older friend.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    u need ID? its gonna be in a forest..
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get on it!! Should be fine, go for it you'll have a right laugh. Just don't be surprised if the coppers shut it down! You cont get in any trouble though if they do.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking about actual raves, or jail bait 'parties'? If its the later, expect hordes of hormonal teenages wearing chinos and flat caps, and 15 year old slags throwing themselves at everybody. The last one in my town got shut down, as they normally do. Top tip, get I.D and go to proper events.

Edit: Just read its going to be in a forest, it'll most likely get shut down.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    OKay so I'm confident about it now. What makes you so certain it'll be shut down though? And are you sure I can't get in trouble if it does, since I'll probably get high and shizz.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlie9872)
    Are we talking about actual raves, or jail bait 'parties'? If its the later, expect hordes of hormonal teenages wearing chinos and flat caps, and 15 year old slags throwing themselves at everybody. The last one in my town got shut down, as they normally do. Top tip, get I.D and go to proper events.

Edit: Just read its going to be in a forest, it'll most likely get shut down.
    Actual Rave?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A forest? Seriously, house parties are the way to go! =D
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    Raves still exist:shock:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're going to a rave in Dorchester? I find this pretty hard to believe haha. If it's one of these teenager parties mentioned above, just stick with a group of friends. Skip the hard substances, not a great idea if you're in an unfamiliar setting and at risk of getting caught. Make sure you've got reasonably quick access to transport.

(Original post by getfunky!)
    Raves still exist:shock:
    Mostly in cities now. Not so much in ringroad warehouses etc, and very rarely illegally. A lot are planned somehow, like an organization that picks a new random venue each month. Eg. http://www.shhhift.com/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Well forest party then. And not in Dorchester actually but within reach by car. Probs will be bad but worth a try. I'll be with a group of mates and yes, I'll avoid hard stuff
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hahah

Actual raves are extremely hard to come by... what they usually turn out to be is, like was said above, a kind of house party-esque gathering in the woods where a lot of 18-20 year old guys hook up with 15-16 year old girls.

However even if it is like that I would still go, as in any party/gathering there are bound to be dickheads but also great people. A night is what you make of it and random nights like that usually turn out hilarious providing you keep your head on your shoulders.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I went to a proper industrial rave when I was 16. It's an experience.

I don't mean a bunch of guys getting drunk in a forest or something I mean a full on illegal rave in a disused warehouse, choked down some speed and did some crazy stuff. Wouldn't go again but I'm glad I've been to one.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ha i remember going to illegal raves when i was 14 and shagging a random bloke in the bushes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hot hot hot)
    ha i remember going to illegal raves when i was 14 and shagging a random bloke in the bushes
    Classy sort of girl.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go mate, it'll be a laugh
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You're going to a rave in the forest? :lolwut:

Sounds legit.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rave in a forest hahahaha, would help if you could bloody see a thing!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    You're going to a rave in the forest? :lolwut:

Sounds legit.
    No, I would presume he went to a rave in a forest, unless they were organizing it 4 months in advance.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 29, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.