The Student Room Group

Girl dies after being forced to run

Scroll to see replies

Only 9?

Absolutely horrendous.
I think unless both the mother and grandmother are mentally subnormal and so wouldn't understand what running for 3 hours would do to a little girl who isn't for instance an adult trained to run a marathon ,you could say that they knew it was very possible she would die. So there is intent to kill her there, I can't quite understand why there are those in this thread arguing against that fact.

I think as it is america where they have some sense still punishing some of the most vile scum in existance,unlike in this country it would be quite possible to make a case that her stepmother and grandmother murdered her.
Reply 42
Update: Lol wow, the girl's mother just gave birth to a baby today.
Original post by Ra Ra
This is really awful :frown: No one should do this to a child.

On another note, did anyone else get seriously annoyed by the number of sentences that ended with 'Barton said'?

changing the topic

But that girl from the Wild Thornberries reminds me of Ivy from 90210 for some reason :K:
Hope they get the death sentence . . .
Reply 45
Original post by Indieboohoo
changing the topic

But that girl from the Wild Thornberries reminds me of Ivy from 90210 for some reason :K:

Oh yeah...or Ke$ha. I think I've been looking up too many Thornberries on Tumblr :tongue:
Manslaughter charges, not murder methinks.
This is terrible. But even more so is the hillbilly that wrote the article.
Reply 48
Original post by KattKaerringen
This is terrible. But even more so is the hillbilly that wrote the article.

what's wrong about the author?
Let me get this straight, the Woman who by bad-parenting killed her own kid, is allowed to have another child?
Reply 50
Original post by Freier._.lance
Let me get this straight, the Woman who by bad-parenting killed her own kid, is allowed to have another child?

yep just gave birth today, although it was under police watch at the hospital. i doubt they can take a newborn away so quickly from the mother but i would like the baby taken away into adoptive care and away from this heartless cow
Reply 51
Original post by Freier._.lance

She was already heavily pregnant, what do you want the police to do, abort it:confused: It was the step mum by the way.
Original post by Tommyjw
/yawn

Again, simplyifing things in order to support your fail of an argument.

IF i beat someone to near death, am i 'Just giving them a punch'? No. Making a 9 year old for 3 hours is not just 'telling her to run'

I know plenty about the subject, you clearly dont, given you have been proven wrong many times. Including that this is not English law, including that intent is not needed.

dude give it up
Original post by .eXe
according to the article the police are considering it murder (second line). I hope they do count it as murder and alabama has capital punishment...

US second degree murder is midway between Uk murder and Uk manslaughter
Original post by .eXe
yep just gave birth today, although it was under police watch at the hospital. i doubt they can take a newborn away so quickly from the mother but i would like the baby taken away into adoptive care and away from this heartless cow

Agreed!

Original post by rlw31
She was already heavily pregnant, what do you want the police to do, abort it:confused: It was the step mum by the way.

Not abort it. The child should be taken away from her as soon as is feasible given the young age of the child, as she's not fit to parent.
Original post by illusionz
Shooting someone with a gun has clear intent to cause bodily harm, which if it then kills someone is classified as murder. Making someone run around does not have intent to cause actual harm.

Making someone run around for three hours without a break or any kind of hydration is also intent to cause bodily harm.
Grrr I really think the punishment for this should be ruthless, maybe similar to a drink driver who'd caused an accident and killed someone? It may not have been the intent, but the utter carelessness of it is indefensible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending