The Student Room Group

Worst high street coffee?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Just thought I'd pop in here to spread some dolphin love by abusing the swear filter.

:dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing dolphins are :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing awesome :smile:

Bye :hi:

Edit: On topic, Costa is my least favourite. It always tastes burnt.
(edited 8 years ago)
Omg nooo but I love costa!! Especially their iced americano with milk it's baeeeee... the only problem is the fact that it's always too cold for the sugar to properly dissolve in it... but otherwise it's fab!!
Original post by GunnerBill
I'm starting this thread in protest against Costa Coffee....

Just yesterday myself and my darling wife after enjoying lunch at Yo Sushi! (epic!) - decided to have a coffee, Costa's being the nearest seemed the obvious choice.
Mine a double espresso and hers a cappuccino were duly ordered and we sat down to enjoy - not.

I'm used to espresso being bitter, but this tasted like charred wood, it was so bad that the milk in the cappuccino could not hide the bad flavour and the end result was that we left both on the table and went to have coffee and John Lewis! Which was much nicer.

So with the moan being over does anyone else have a most hated high street brand?

Like Costa but ask for Old Paradise Street roast as smaller batch and tastes smoother IMHO.
Not keen on Starbucks and tastes burned to me.
I'm fussy about tea so normally avoid that unless its somewhere I trust to use decent tea bags
Original post by GunnerBill
I'm starting this thread in protest against Costa Coffee....

Just yesterday myself and my darling wife after enjoying lunch at Yo Sushi! (epic!) - decided to have a coffee, Costa's being the nearest seemed the obvious choice.
Mine a double espresso and hers a cappuccino were duly ordered and we sat down to enjoy - not.

I'm used to espresso being bitter, but this tasted like charred wood, it was so bad that the milk in the cappuccino could not hide the bad flavour and the end result was that we left both on the table and went to have coffee and John Lewis! Which was much nicer.

So with the moan being over does anyone else have a most hated high street brand?

4 year old thread and I didnt revive it, but why didnt the OP just complain, get their money back or free vouchers?
Reply 44
I don't see the point of paying the price for any high street brand coffee. If I'm having a coffee out, it's gonna be a cheap one.

You pay a mean premium for buying coffee from a coffee shop. It might be nicer, maybe, if you can't become accustomed to more reasonably priced drinks.

And forget about their sweets and savories! Way too expensive.
Am i the only one here who actually likes costa?
All high street coffee is overpriced so the tax dodgin, zero hours contract, minimum wage bosses can make loads of dosh. Added to that the shite they serve is extremely sub standard. Try some of the smaller independant shops for the best.
Any type of restaurant coffee, it is usually instant.
Waitrose coffee is okay...ish

but it is FREE !!!
Guys Costa Starbucks are companies intent on making money and cutting expenses they serve the poorest cheapest quality coffee avialble on the market Costa especially they claim only 1% of beans are good enough for our coffee what they mean by that is 1% of the cheapest lowest crappiest gonna be scrapped coffee is what goes into thier coffeeStarbucks is the same your far better off going to a well run local produce family owned private cafe these cafes are far more likely to serve better quality coffee simply because they know they need to to keep thier customers coming backCosta and Starbucks know that people will pay the earth for convince and crap if it looks pretty and is in a branded mug 😂 go to the local cafe guys make sure it private family owned and had good reviews I guarantee you you won't regret it Costa and Starbucks often offer more comfort and wifi and electric ports than the cafes but if coffee is what your after then go to them

Quick Reply

Latest