Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Spotify?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm thinking about moving from itunes to Spotify, but I'm wondering what will happen to my itunes library? Presumably the songs are all on my computer and I can simply move them over?

Just wondering if anyone had done the switch and could help me here Thanks. Heard there's a free version of Spotify, which would be good for me to try.

Post any other reasons why you like it over itunes; I'm thinking about changing because it seems cheaper. Ta!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you can easily include your iTunes library in Spotify, it's under the 'Settings' tab, but is generally included as default!

(Original post by Converse Rocker)
    Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm thinking about moving from itunes to Spotify, but I'm wondering what will happen to my itunes library? Presumably the songs are all on my computer and I can simply move them over?

Just wondering if anyone had done the switch and could help me here Thanks. Heard there's a free version of Spotify, which would be good for me to try.

Post any other reasons why you like it over itunes; I'm thinking about changing because it seems cheaper. Ta!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOR2010)
    Yeah, you can easily include your iTunes library in Spotify, it's under the 'Settings' tab, but is generally included as default!
    You're right, I downloaded Spotify, went to 'Library' and all the songs I got from itunes were already there...

Looks nifty so far, cheers mate.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could someone just clarify to me how Spotify works?

I know you pay a monthly subscription instead of paying for individual songs, but surely there must be a monthly limit on the amount of songs or something?

Thanks if anyone can answer, but I'll check on google
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spotify is a streaming service, so you don't actually own or download any songs. You pay a fee that gives you unlimited, ad-free listening (£5 a month) as well as a lot of extra features (£10 a month premium service).
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom B.)
    Spotify is a streaming service, so you don't actually own or download any songs. You pay a fee that gives you unlimited, ad-free listening (£5 a month) as well as a lot of extra features (£10 a month premium service).
    Ahhh right, thanks a lot

So for 10 pounds a month (roughly) I can just easily browse music and listen to it. Are people basically paying for the convenience? I have the free version and can play music, so why are people paying? Is it just to get rid of the adds and use the apps etc etc?

And why does it have a downloads tab that says 'music you buy from Spotify...'? Sorry for all the questions

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 24, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.