The Student Room Group

University that do Computer Science that are likely to go into Clearing 2012.

I remember i read somewhere that someone showed all the likely universities for 2010 that were in going into clearing and the same happened in 2011,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me some universities that have lacked students on a regular basis, i ask because i've been accepted into Kingston University, but wanted to know if i would get a better place during clearing.

Responses are appreciated.

Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Notorious123
I remember i read somewhere that someone showed all the likely universities for 2010 that were in going into clearing and the same happened in 2011,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me some universities that have lacked students on a regular basis, i ask because i've been accepted into Kingston University, but wanted to know if i would get a better place during clearing.

Responses are appreciated.

Thank you.

Leeds were in Clearing for CS in 2011 but those places went very quickly.. they were the best for CS in Clearing 2011. A few of the regulars who still have a good course were in there - Kent, Liverpool, UEA and others.
Reply 2
Original post by tooosh
Leeds were in Clearing for CS in 2011 but those places went very quickly.. they were the best for CS in Clearing 2011. A few of the regulars who still have a good course were in there - Kent, Liverpool, UEA and others.

Leeds better than UEA for computer Science? Really?

Do you go to leeds?
Reply 3
Original post by tooosh
Leeds were in Clearing for CS in 2011 ... they were the best for CS in Clearing 2011.

Isn't Bath generally ranked above Leeds for CS?

(Ontopic: It's not likely they'll be in Clearing next year).
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by roblee
Isn't Bath generally ranked above Leeds for CS?

(Ontopic: It's not likely they'll be in Clearing next year).

Were Bath in Clearing last year?! Must have missed that, if so then they were the best. They probably went so quick I didn't even see them up :tongue:

Original post by FinalMH
Leeds better than UEA for computer Science? Really?

Do you go to leeds?

Yes, and no I don't.
Reply 5
Original post by tooosh
Were Bath in Clearing last year?! Must have missed that, if so then they were the best. They probably went so quick I didn't even see them up :tongue:

Yes, and no I don't.

Okay then. Based on what?

I don't go to UEA.
Reply 6
Original post by FinalMH
Okay then. Based on what?

I don't go to UEA.

Well I was in Clearing this year and looked at both their courses, just liked the look of Leeds' more. Their core modules seemed more mathsy, though UEA's electives and placement scheme are better; those prioritise lower for me though.

Plus... here it comes...

They're ranked higher :tongue:

Where do you go?
Reply 7
Original post by tooosh
Well I was in Clearing this year and looked at both their courses, just liked the look of Leeds' more. Their core modules seemed more mathsy, though UEA's electives and placement scheme are better; those prioritise lower for me though.

Plus... here it comes...

They're ranked higher :tongue:

Where do you go?

Depends on the table you look at lool

I will tell you where i go if you tell me where you go ha :laugh:
Reply 8
Original post by FinalMH
Depends on the table you look at lool

I will tell you where i go if you tell me where you go ha :laugh:

It says where I go on every post I make. Southampton :tongue:

I'm pretty sure they're higher on every table right now, though I only consider CUG reliable. Times I've heard is reliable too but you have to be a subscriber and I'm not fussed about viewing the table by other means..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Dundee have gone into Clearing on their Computing courses in the past.
Reply 10
Original post by tooosh
It says where I go on every post I make. Southampton :tongue:

I'm pretty sure they're higher on every table right now, though I only consider CUG reliable. Times I've heard is reliable too but you have to be a subscriber and I'm not fussed about viewing the table by other means..

o right sorry i didn't see. I go to King's College London.
(edited 12 years ago)
Wow.. Can someone tell me how the clearing works? Any University what is available will accept me? I don't understand how the process is.. i heard its a rush - Like University of Kent go in clearing - Don't they have to review your case again?
Reply 12
Original post by Notorious123
Wow.. Can someone tell me how the clearing works? Any University what is available will accept me? I don't understand how the process is.. i heard its a rush - Like University of Kent go in clearing - Don't they have to review your case again?

They usually make their decision on the spot after you tell them your grades. That's how it was for me anyway. If not then they might ask for supplemental material but I highly doubt it for CS, for other courses maybe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending