Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nottingham trent uni halls

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I got an unconditional offer to study at NTU today so chuffed but I'm wondering where to live. Defo wanna live in halls at city campus but I'm wondering which you lot think are the best if you live there?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position as you, apart from my offer is Conditional. I want to live on the city campus , as i'm doing Law. I heard Gill street is quite nice , but expensive though?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am also doing Law so want to be on city campus! But can't decide between sandby hall and gill street?
    xxxxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I went to the open day in October Gill Street halls were amazing! I think I'm going to apply there, I wasn't impressed with Hampden at all! Hope I don't end up there x
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional offer for Psychology at Nott Trent, I was thinking about Sandby! It looks ok, what does everyone else think?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leonie_Kavanagh)
    I've got a conditional offer for Psychology at Nott Trent, I was thinking about Sandby! It looks ok, what does everyone else think?
    I think it looks nice in the brochure but some of the rooms will be noisy cuz I think they're working on them. I really cant wait for october to come
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivskii)
    I think it looks nice in the brochure but some of the rooms will be noisy cuz I think they're working on them. I really cant wait for october to come
    That's what I was thinking, have you decided which one to pick then? I can't wait either! I'm so excited xD Just really want to get away from Liverpool haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I lived in Hampden Halls, shared facilities but it's not bad. 6 bedrooms flats, with a bathroom/shower cubicle for every 2 people, so it's not bad. Next to Sandby and Gill Street, so location is ideal.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecrimsonidol)
    I lived in Hampden Halls, shared facilities but it's not bad. 6 bedrooms flats, with a bathroom/shower cubicle for every 2 people, so it's not bad. Next to Sandby and Gill Street, so location is ideal.
    I agree, yeah it may look like a derelict council area, but at least its somewhere to live and I'm not that rich! Snobs :/
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd choose Gill Street if I was just going into first year.
    Hampden are fairly run down and I always thought Sandby was like being on a boat.

You've also got privately owned halls in the City Centre as well, if you aren't successful in getting into the Uni halls.
    Trinity Square, iQ, Glasshouse, Victoria halls and Goldsmith Court are always full of Trent students
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leonie_Kavanagh)
    That's what I was thinking, have you decided which one to pick then? I can't wait either! I'm so excited xD Just really want to get away from Liverpool haha.
    Im deciding between Gill Street and Glasshouse, its stressin me out lool. Wbu?x
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivskii)
    Im deciding between Gill Street and Glasshouse, its stressin me out lool. Wbu?x
    It's stressful! Sandby or Simpsons I think
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Don't live in Sandby or hampden. Glasshouse, iQ, trinity are nice private halls, or if you want uni accomodation Gill would be your best bet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sphipsta)
    Don't live in Sandby or hampden. Glasshouse, iQ, trinity are nice private halls, or if you want uni accomodation Gill would be your best bet
    Whats wrong with sandby?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with Sandby D: That's where I've been looking at the most :/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My mate lives in Sandby, all i can say is there so much better available, i would rather live further out and have to walk in for nicer halls, granted Sandby has an ok social life, it had a water fight during freshers but, its not a nice halls, look at gill if you want to be on city
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in block C Gill street xxx
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey ! I'm in Sandby Floor 2.. I'm sure it'll be cool, apparently Gill Street is full of .. well..

Jus' sayin
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My mate lives in Sandby, all i can say is there so much better available, i would rather live further out and have to walk in for nicer halls, granted Sandby has an ok social life, it had a water fight during freshers but, its not a nice halls, look at gill if you want to be on city
    *HAMPDEN had a water fight. SANDBY hid in their corridoors.

Hampden are hands down the most fun halls, if you want lots of friends... STAY THERE.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in Gill Street Block D 2nd Floor?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 2, 2012
New on TSR

Which unis have the poshest students?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.