The Student Room Group

The DFID one year graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

The deadline is actually midnight tonight
Reply 21
Has anyone heard back about whether they got an interview yet?

The scheme's website says they'll be getting back to successful applications around 4th April, which is just vague enough to make the coming week quite stressful!
I'm still waiting, it's the scheme I really really want and the only one I'm still in for so I really hope that I've at least made it through to the next stage! I hope we hear soon.
Reply 23
Original post by jozephus
Has anyone heard back about whether they got an interview yet?

The scheme's website says they'll be getting back to successful applications around 4th April, which is just vague enough to make the coming week quite stressful!

Surely the next stage is the London (or Kilbride) assessment centre?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
According to the information on the website, the next (and only) stage is a day at London or Kilbride at which you will have group assessments, individual assessments and an interview.

http://www.dfid.gov.uk/Work-with-us/Working-for-DFID/Graduate-scheme1/The-Graduate-scheme-Frequently-asked-questions/
(edited 11 years ago)
well hopefully we'll all hear soon then!
Reply 26
Oh god, I've just checked their home page again and now they're not going to contact people until 20th April because they've had so many applications!

The assessment dates are going to be SO close to final exams!
Oh god, I've just checked their home page again and now they're not going to contact people until 20th April because they've had so many applications!

Guess that's the end of that then! If I even get through by some miracle it will almost definitely be in the exam period!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Chapeau Rouge
Guess that's the end of that then! If I even get through by some miracle it will almost definitely be in the exam period!

me too. Ah wel. This is a bit unfair!

Just saw this too - argh! But I loved the "high volume of applications, indeed, more than a quarter of them in the last 6 hours" - I was definitely one of the last 25% :biggrin:
I suppose the good thing is that they only want people who are graduating this year or graduated in 2011, so hopefully a lot of us will be in the same boat!
Reply 31
I suppose the good thing is that they only want people who are graduating this year or graduated in 2011, so hopefully a lot of us will be in the same boat!

Yeah, I just can't understand why someone running a graduate scheme would hold interviews in May and June. No-one is going to be able to make them!

Maybe it's a test of how committed we are :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
Also, I sent them an email enquiry today and I got an automated response saying they'd had over 2000 application submissions in the last 2 days!!!

So I reckon something in the region of 3 - 4 thousand people have applied - urgh!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by GdotL
Well, the first AC is next month so they must be getting back to the first cohort soon I should think.

assassins creed?
Reply 34
Original post by jus2sik
assassins creed?

Err no...that would be assessment centre!
Reply 35
What happens if the assessment centres clash with exams? :frown:
Original post by GdotL
What happens if the assessment centres clash with exams? :frown:

Can't go! Though hopefully they can move some of them around, my university isn't even telling us when our final exams are until next Friday, awful.
Can't go! Though hopefully they can move some of them around, my university isn't even telling us when our final exams are until next Friday, awful.

I don't think my exam timetable is released to next month! Maybe we'll hear before April 20th and they were just giving themselves plenty of time?
Reply 38
@josephus

Just to confirm, "the last 2 days" is in regard to the last two days before the application deadline right? They aren't accepting late entries are they?
Reply 39
Original post by elliot1988
@josephus

Just to confirm, "the last 2 days" is in regard to the last two days before the application deadline right? They aren't accepting late entries are they?

Come on, don't be stupid now.

Quick Reply