Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The DFID one year graduate scheme

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    Haha, you applied too?
    Afraid not no, I'd love to but I'd like to do a masters first. If I end up in development I'll probably just go straight through the ODI postgrad economist route.

Good luck to everyone though, development needs all the budding brains it can get + never listen to anyone tell you money would be better spent in the UK than in Pakistan/India/Uganda etc
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    Come on, don't be stupid now.
    you should have said silly, that came off really rude, now people are going to think your a muj
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus2sik)
    you should have said silly, that came off really rude, now people are going to think your a muj
    I don't need you to tell me what to say! :dry:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Guys, could we bring it back to the DFID graduate scheme please?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_flower)
    This is TSR. Cost of doing business, I'm afraid.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie_flower)
    So I'm guessing nobody has any friends who did the assessment centre last week to give us any tips, so we're all just waiting anxiously with no information!
    Except you, who should definitely just accept your Fast Stream offer!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Who's negging everyone? Bastard.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    GdotL you don't need to be so aggressive and confrontational to people on here they are just nervous applicants like you.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    GdotL you don't need to be so aggressive and confrontational to people on here they are just nervous applicants like you.
    All I said was 'we're all waiting anxiously' etc....anyway never mind, no biggie. xoxo
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    I don't need you to tell me what to say! :dry:
    moo
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anyone who has got a response to their application? If so , when did they apply? I'm trying to work out when to expect the dreaded email. I sent mine off March 6th.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliot1988)
    Does anyone know anyone who has got a response to their application? If so , when did they apply? I'm trying to work out when to expect the dreaded email. I sent mine off March 6th.
    As it says 20th April on the website I would guess the 20th April...

No point emailing them asking about it, if I was going through them and somebody did that I would probably fish out their application for the reject pile.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Just found this, I've applied for DFID grad scheme aswell.. Its the the 20th April onwards they will release interview offers from,
    I sent mine off on the deadline day!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That would suck. I want to know now! . Somebody mentioned before that they knew someone who had already been to their assessment centre ( roughly a week ago now).
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliot1988)
    (Original post by Chapeau Rouge)
    As it says 20th April on the website I would guess the 20th April...

No point emailing them asking about it, if I was going through them and somebody did that I would probably fish out their application for the reject pile.
    (Original post by lcsurfer)
    Hi,
    Just found this, I've applied for DFID grad scheme aswell.. Its the the 20th April onwards they will release interview offers from,
    As mentioned earlier on in the thread, the first AC has already taken place early this month. So successful applicants can probably expect to hear before the 20th, with all the rejection emails coming out on the last day, I would imagine.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. Hopefully all the development coursework I'm stuck with for the next month can act as interview preparation if I magically get through.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lcsurfer)
    Hi,
    Hi! I sent mine off deadline day too. Did you ever get a message acknowledging receipt of your application (apart from the generic automated one that got bounced back straight away?)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peasoup)
    Hi! I sent mine off deadline day too. Did you ever get a message acknowledging receipt of your application (apart from the generic automated one that got bounced back straight away?)
    Same here - only got the generic automated acknowledgment.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    has anyone else heard anything? Does anyone have any idea when the next AC will be? and what standard of people they're expecting? masters, ba? just so frustrating waiting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dingdong)
    .... what standard of people they're expecting? masters, ba?
    At the event they held at my uni, they said having a Masters would not be viewed as an advantage. They are looking to give people their 'first step up on the ladder' so are just as interested in finding BAs as they are MAs.

No idea if that's changed, but that's what they said on the day.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 26, 2013
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Public Sector Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.